Thread: New Hero: Moira

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Her beam will be fixed back to what it was on ptr. Basically there was a coding problem with her beam, if there was more than one target in the beam it wouldn’t lock on either target and you got 0 damage, for example the two bots in the training room right in front of spawn, if you were in front of them you were fine but if you were on the side and both were in the beam neither of them took damage. The new more exact targeting was to fix that but Blizz said they will get it back to what it was early next week due to holidays with one exception; small targets will be like old, large targets will have reduced hit boxes. You don’t need 3 roadhogs worth of hitbox to hit him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday in deathmatch Kings Row I saw a Lucio (who just ulted), Reaper, Roadhog and McCree enter the subway tunnel to rumble so I came in behind them and came out the other end with +4 kills as Moira. ;p
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-22 at 01:56 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

mmmm successfully winning as moira as the solo healer

feelz good

Sym+ Moira is so good with that extra 75 health and when her shield gen was under attack I knew where it was so I just faded to it and kept it alive.

- - - Updated - - -

god damn i love this character, I wish tracking was a little easier (I'm on console so probably moot if I was on pc)

but the main thing were I think she should be buffed is her resource. You're suppose to balance between the 2 but sometimes you just can't attack. So I wish her orb or her ult would generate resource.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I’m using Moira’s ult as more of a clutch heal than a killer because a basic Lucio amped healing seems to nullify it. I will use it on a rhardt or orisa as to force them back, they tend to freak out when they see their shield means nothing. When my healing is tapped out and there is no one to damage I tell my team so they can look for health packs. I’ve gotten up to 40 kills in a match which is just 2 below my Reaper main. Moira is also my second highest for kill streaks.

She hits all the right targets, targets who annoy the crap out of me on any other character. Pharah, Tracer, Genji, symmetra, and any character with a shield. I also love when they try to run with a crack of life and they can’t get away because fade is an excellent hunt down tool. I also like burning down an opponent and leaving them behind with an orb that will finish them off safely while I go elsewhere.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I just got her coalescence achievement somehow.... without zarya. We were doing a good push and the genji just went in so I ulted to heal him and then somehow got it lol

I am getting real tilted by hanzos and junkrats though

scatter feet is so stupid

I am loving Moira but yeah, Junkrat gets me triggered. Not because they're focusing me, but because I turn the corner and 18 grenades bounce into my face.

lost a match as moira, but got gold damage, healing and elims

feels bad

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's still so bad. Free kill for Pharah, junkrat, tanks. Healing is good, but only if she can hide and play like Ana. All her cute little tricks just fall apart in comp.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my, forgive me. Her skillset just clicked in my brain and now I'm a god. She's fucking nuts. I'm sniping Pharah's out of the sky while healing my team and not dying myself. Very good character for people with high map and strat IQ, but not as good aim.
    BAD WOLF

It is important to note that her left click heal has a HoT component to it. Instead of streaming your urine all over someone try and give them squirts instead, especially if you are at a point in the fight where the majority of the damage is no longer incoming. This will give your hots more effectiveness and you won't be using up all your charge at times when you can't easily replace it due to having no targets.

I found this out in a youtube pro-moira tips video last night and it really helps keep my team alive.

She also heals through enemy shields.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-24 at 04:59 PM.

I was in a game with 4 gold medals as Moira. We lost, but I can only carry so much. Really liking this character. Times when I feel like my team can't keep my weakass safe as zen ill just go Moira. Melting genji that try to flank is so satisfying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    She also heals through enemy shields.
    You can also leech shields to restore her healing, which is a godsend. Really her kit is just so strong. You need an aggressive team though or else you can get overwhelmed in the back. Both on attack and defense maps, if I have a team that trusts me and just gets out in front gets rewarded by never dying and watching the enemy melt in front of them.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You can also leech shields to restore her healing, which is a godsend. Really her kit is just so strong. You need an aggressive team though or else you can get overwhelmed in the back. Both on attack and defense maps, if I have a team that trusts me and just gets out in front gets rewarded by never dying and watching the enemy melt in front of them.
    That was a quick 180 lol. Shield damage restores resource really? Good to know

Also of note, your damage orb does not give Zarya bubble shields power charge and so long as the bubble shield is up the damage orb acts as if Zarya does not exist. It does no damage to Zarya, just passes through. There are no beams that attach to Zarya until the bubble shield goes away. You can feel safe to toss damage bubbles out and not make the enemy Zarya powerful.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-24 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That was a quick 180 lol. Shield damage restores resource really? Good to know
    Yeah idk what I was doing, but it was a combination of playing a couple matches on her and not having it *click* and trashing other bad Moiras myself. You have to play her very strategically and her beams have pretty crazy range. Plus most maps on critical points have geometry for doing a couple of things: On push halls, ricochet dmg orbs through without ever being in sight. On choke points, creating horizontal damage or healing orbs that bounce 'forever'. And lastly, on most maps when she is focused you can teleport into a cubby, launch a healing orb to heal yourself, then dps the shit out of anyone who comes in, chucking a dmg orb in right as you teleport back out.

Also teleporting behind orisa bubbles and other shields right after regaining your healing resource is clutch. She's really just super good right now. I think she'll get nerfed now like others were saying, but too much and it really will break quickly. I think maybe her teleport comes off CD too fast and her healing might be a little much, but idk until I play more. Her dmg seems fairly reasonable as it takes a good couple of seconds to kill a squishy with just right click.

Unsure on her ult balance, but so far now that I know how to layer it with orbs before I pop it I don't have too much problem with keeping my team alive or killing lower health players.
    BAD WOLF

Moira’s ult charged so quickly that I am not afraid to use it as often as possible. Hell I used it once for the speed boost just to get me back to the fight faster. Fade, ult, fade and heal.

when you get 14k healing and gold elims and you still lose

/sigh

I think her ult charges so quickly cause well it doesn't do much. It's def not countering an ulting pharah like the video lol

- - - Updated - - -

ok so faded off the cliff in Gibraltar

I'm done for the night

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    when you get 14k healing and gold elims and you still lose

/sigh

I think her ult charges so quickly cause well it doesn't do much. It's def not countering an ulting pharah like the video lol

- - - Updated - - -

ok so faded off the cliff in Gibraltar

I'm done for the night
    Nope, it doesn't do much. Not much of a threat. It cant heal through a dps ult and it can't kill through a Lucio amping his healing. Use it for clutch heals or to pick off a pharah or spread damage around but don't expect it to be very ultimate. The speed boost is nice though, like a witch on a broom.

I usually use it to initiate a push or if I can't reach someone. or on the rare occasion nano boosted and grav

10+ Year Old Account
    I just use it every time it is up when there are people to heal or enemies with low health.
    BAD WOLF

I got into a leech fight with an inferior Moira, leeched up to her and slapped her to death. It feelz so goooood!

The more I play her the more I like her. I used to be quite passive, but you really can't play her like Mercy, babysitting people. You need to move around, be somewhat aggressive and daring in order to recharge your M1. Now I usually get quite high elims and damage on top of good healing numbers, so many people underestimate Moira it seems, and Fade is such an amazing tool for both duels and survivability.

Definitely my favorite support hero, and very well balanced to boot it seems. Thumbs up to Blizzard, after the mess that was Doomfist Moira is a return to form when it comes to introducing new heroes. Also, her voicelines are pure gold. I do think the ult could use some more oomph at the cost of slower recharge rate, albeit admittedly you're supposed to use it to both heal allies and damage enemies simultaneously, it's not a DPS ult but compared to Valkyrie it's definitely weaker.