Poll: What do you think of the next expansion?

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am awaiting more details , currently watching the features video, the zones look beautiful
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    If you don't like the faction war you never really liked Warcraft to begin with. If it's heavily World PvP centric, it might surpass Wrath/MoP as second best.
    Most expansions in WoW and before weren't about the faction wars. The first 3 WC games were ultimately about the burning legion's second invasion.

15+ Year Old Account
    The announcement / features trailer didn't blow me away, but it didn't really explain much. The cinematic was amazing, I think easily the best they've ever done (not just quality, but the number of different characters on screen).

I'm waiting for the What's Next panel to finish before making a judgment. It feels appropriate to step back from singular Legion-style threats for a while, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    If you think TBC is the worst expansions your opinion is not very valuable.
    Lmao my thoughts exactly

Cinematic was awesome as expected, but the whole generic red vs. blue stuff is a YUUUUGE disappointment. Thought they could come up with an interesting story.

I was disappointed after the MoP-Announcement, and then it turned out quite allright. One can hope. For now, i'm pretty disappointed.

Mixed, subraces are great, the rest underwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems they put more effort in the Troll empire as the Kul'Tiras one. (first impression though).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

It is obvious that during the pvp something HUGE will emerge and we will have to fight for our world. The pvp cinematic and peace that causes the focus on pvp is a distraction...

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Mixed, subraces are great, the rest underwhelming.
    This guy gets it

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless there's something else besides 'faction war' driving this expansion, its going to be bad. warlords bad. I cant justify spending another 1.5-2 years on faction conflict that wont change anything, fighting pirates and yet even more goddamn trolls.

Hugely disappointed. I give fuck all about horde vs alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like fun. I'll remain subbed, of course.

But... yeah. It seems like, from both a lore/storyline standpoint, utterly silly. We've spent the last 3-4 expansions learning that hey, there are bigger, badder things out there. And now suddenly everyone pops a screw loose and starts fighting again?

This pretty much sums it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcBTOU7RvbU

Why are we fighting over things like lands, continents, etc, when there are worlds at stake?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Why are we fighting over things like lands, continents, etc, when there are worlds at stake?
    The entire point of the expansion is that world is not at stake
    Space magic.

Like whats the pve content jesus christ WoW PvP will never work ....

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It looks like fun. I'll remain subbed, of course.

But... yeah. It seems like, from both a lore/storyline standpoint, utterly silly. We've spent the last 3-4 expansions learning that hey, there are bigger, badder things out there. And now suddenly everyone pops a screw loose and starts fighting again?

This pretty much sums it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcBTOU7RvbU

Oh you sir i love you so much for babylon 5 links. And yea that green purple drazzi war was one of the dumber wars, but it was funny

all these "Battle for Azeroth is shit" posts sure are gonna look funny when it turns out stuff like N'Zoth and Azshara are patch content.

It's naval stuff. There's never gonna be a better time for those two.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Well, its not Void lords. So I guess Im okay with it. Not really all that interested in horde vs. alliance, but Ill enjoy exploring the troll/pirate areas.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

What's the point? Neither side can win or lose, and it will inevitably just end up in a truce to fight some third party that tries to take advantage of the situation, likely Old God related in this case.

all it comes because of WoW as MMO gameplay features horde / alliance factions, back in original warctaft RTS days there was no such things, was just each individual races
    yet it comes into interesting and aweasome MMO product, and so the original lore have to be changed (same happened with warcraft movie also, I declare)
    but to get a conclusion it have to a union not a devide into war to fight the threats such as Legion and Sargeras, Azshara, Old Gods, etc...
    ..dissapointed...but well still be playing coz it's WoW one of many interesting entertaiment in my life

I'm kinda excited. I haven't played in months but I'll probably buy this since I love the faction war.