Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoW 8.0: "Individual choice to opt into PvP"

Does this mean, that I have NO CHOICE whether I can attack someone if he doesn't want to be attacked... is this consensual PvP, in the open world too?

World PVP
    PVP ruleset largely unchanged since 2005
    Update the system to reflect the 2018 world
    Remove PvE vs. PvP server division
    Individual choice to opt into PvP
    Bonuses to offset inefficiency

Nice I can do my shitty brainless chores in peace without some tank who has never hit 1500 3 shotting me

Deleted
    It means you can attack people who opted in for pvp. In my opinion a good choice for the faction inbalanced servers. But as someone playing on a pretty much 50/50 PvP realm, it doesn't matter to me that much. Also means I just can do somethings in peace without being ganked (like leveling alts).

So, now people who chose PvP realms will stop whining about having PvP option ON.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    So, now people who chose PvP realms will stop whining about having PvP option ON.
    100% this.

I don't mind it personally.

But they did say they would offer incentive to opt in. Just hope the incentive is decent enough.

Rogue will be a very popular class soon.

Deleted
    Not sure where this company goes, but it's getting worse and worse with every game and with every expansion. Why do we need so much protection from each others wrath?

For example Diablo:
    Diablo 1: you could attack other players in the dungeon, by the press of a button... just like that, without warning. Friendly fire was there too.
    Diablo 2: you had to go back to town to declare hostility, which caused a big warning to everyone giving them time to port to town.
    Diablo 3: forget it, not possible at all to attack other players. They raised the protection level to complete immunity.

And now WoW too? Complete immunity against anyone if you personally choose to not get involved into a fight? Giving these people the choice means that others (nasty "gankers") have NO CHOICE at all. There is no more "individual choice" for these people, as it is consensual and therefore requires the choice of someone else too to work.

They are just removing a source of real (!) danger, the only one (!), from the world.

I personally would have gone the other way.. being able to attack anyone at any time, including members of the own faction except in instanced areas. This must be a very very unpopular opinion...

btw. I didn't even do World PvP in this expac, as it is just horribly inbalanced... there was just hope, that they'll make it better again with 8.0.
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2017-11-03 at 08:52 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It means that if you are flagged somehow, some unflagged person won't see you.

And you won't see flagged people from being safe, type /pvp and gank em.

It just seperates the flagged vs non flagged people by choice.

I guess if you attack some enemy town npc, you just get phased to the pvp section of shards/servers/phasing whatever you call it.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-03 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    You will phase into a pve realm if you toggle it off.

Deleted
    I'm happy with that change. In my case World PvP was almost always maxed players killing new players / alts in xpac. For me World PvP never was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    It means that if you are flagged somehow, some unflagged person won't see you.

And you won't see flagged people from being safe, type /pvp and gank em.

It just seperates the flagged vs non flagged people by choice.
    That's my assumption too. They'll use sharding and CRZ so that flagged people are all playing in the same world. That way you don't get PvP/PvE cross encounters and they can faction balance on the fly for each shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Nice I can do my shitty brainless chores in peace without some tank who has never hit 1500 3 shotting me
    Was my thought exactly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    You will phase into a pve realm if you toggle it off.
    This is not so bad in fact, as long as it doesn't happen instantly. If they keep the 5 min. timer it's ok I guess.

So PvP oriented players won't see and won't have to "deal" with PvE oriented players and vice versa.

If this is true, I take my rant back.
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2017-11-03 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WPvP as we know it is gone in 8.0. It is now a worldwide battleground, where you "queue into" other players who "queued" for WPvP. No more farming AI slayers.

Though if we still have insane items with insane effects it won't matter since nobody will opt in anyways.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    This is literally the best post I've seen on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Does this mean, that I have NO CHOICE whether I can attack someone if he doesn't want to be attacked... is this consensual PvP, in the open world too?

World PVP
    PVP ruleset largely unchanged since 2005
    Update the system to reflect the 2018 world
    Remove PvE vs. PvP server division
    Individual choice to opt into PvP
    Bonuses to offset inefficiency
    Yep, apparently blizzards gone so PC that you can't even rape noobs in pvp. (Gross exaggeration of the word applied to pvp terminology to cast a dichotomy between real world events and SJW aspects flooding into video games)

As a whole, why should I even care about my realm anymore?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Appearantly Blizzard thinks World PvP is rape culture. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Back in the day, this wasn't that big of an issue from my experiences. There were a decent amount of people who were into pvp and the factions were, more or less, balanced.

Nowadays, this isn't the case. In my old server, Horde outnumbered the Alliance by a lot. It gotten to the point that I can't quest or do any actual content outside of the dungeon finder that I had to either reroll, pay for a faction change or pay for a server hop. I had to pay for a server hop to Sargeras.

World PvP is a shit show. It's gotten to the point that PvP servers are basically PvE, but with the occasional player you can royally fuck up. If people were interested, I wouldn't have an issue. But, like water, people want to have the path of least resistance. This means they will more often than not, pick a side that will outnumber the other.

Keeping World PvP ends up being more of a problem than anything. For a good amount of players, it isn't PvP anymore. It's imbalanced, crappy, and just stops the fun altogether. I get it that there is always a winner and a loser, but if losing means you can't play the game at all, then the game is in need of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Appearantly Blizzard thinks World PvP is rape culture. Sad.
    For a good amount of servers, it is. Try fighting a Blood DK with a high item level and legendaries. You will lose simply because he healed through the damage and you can't heal through his.

What's happening to the template system as it applies to WPvP? Are they still going to balance around templates and then not implement them in WPvP?

Everything else is moot if WPvP is still a lame 1 shot fest for rogues and tank specs come next expansion. GL convincing people to "turn on" pvp if it's anything like Legion.