Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is a great change. Now world PvP is something players will engage in because they genuinely want to, rather than because their friends play on a PvP server or they don't want to pay a bunch of money to realm transfer. The nature of world PvP has changed so much (leaving it a completely broken mess, at present) that I'm surprised we didn't see updates like this beforehand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Does this mean, that I have NO CHOICE whether I can attack someone if he doesn't want to be attacked... is this consensual PvP, in the open world too?

World PVP
    PVP ruleset largely unchanged since 2005
    Update the system to reflect the 2018 world
    Remove PvE vs. PvP server division
    Individual choice to opt into PvP
    Bonuses to offset inefficiency
    Yeah, this is something that has me scratching my head. I mean, "making PvP togglable" basically means making all realms PvE, and what worries me is how they'll handle the "bonuses t offset inefficiency". I mean, the rewards need to be significant enough to incentivize players... but also not big enough that it'd make players who don't want to partake in PvP to feel like they's being punished for not toggling PvP.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    So, now people who chose PvP realms will stop whining about having PvP option ON.
    And now we can stop having morons yelling "LOL GANKING IS PVP"

when i first started playing on release, i started on a pvp server. turned out, i enjoyed pvp. i continued to enjoy pvp right up till about wrath, where pvp, in my eyes, died. i dont really care if you dont like my opinion on the subject, thats not what this is about. i played on, and enjoyed pvp for 4 years on my server, and then, i didnt.

unlike half the people that can just transfer every month and not really care, i cant do that. i like my server, and i dont want to leave it just because it was a pvp server. world pvp stopped being fun in bc anyway, with the introduction of flying. alliance would fly around in a full group picking off people that were solo/lowbies/alts, but if you were to grab a few friends, or log your main, etc and make it a fair fight, they would fly up and be untouchable. thats not fun, its just annoying.

it became especially annoying around the time dailies started being important, and then world quests. world pvp died the day flying was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    Could've done that on a non-PvP server.
    Do you think people transfer to Illidan for the world PVP or for the competitive PVE scene?

Same goes for every other server that is mostly PVP-in-name-only, but attract a large amount of players for raiding.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Rogue will be a very popular class soon.
    As if rogue wasn't the most popular wpvp class in Legion already 1shotting everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Yep, apparently blizzards gone so PC that you can't even rape noobs in pvp. (Gross exaggeration of the word applied to pvp terminology to cast a dichotomy between real world events and SJW aspects flooding into video games)

As a whole, why should I even care about my realm anymore?
    Legion already killed wpvp, this is the best band aid fix since it also proves that they are not intending to balance wpvp in any capacity. So if you want to trade 1 shots feel free. But I am on emerald dream for years and never seen wpvp in such a sad state, this is a better outcome than the cancer that you have to deal with at the moment. It just means I won't have to create LFG on my pve server alt and phase my main anymore.

I'm sure mages and rogues and tanks are loving the cancer though.. boohoo you won't be able to grief vs unwilling participants with 0 chance of fighting back. Some specs right now is no different than ganking some newb lvl 60 in outlands. The power levels are literally that high, wpvp is fucking BROKEN!
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2017-11-04 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Nice I can do my shitty brainless chores in peace without some tank who has never hit 1500 3 shotting me
    Lol I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    100% this.

I don't mind it personally.

But they did say they would offer incentive to opt in. Just hope the incentive is decent enough.
    I can't imagine anything that would make me opt into wpvp lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I started on a PvP server specifically with the purpose of PvPing in the open world. I just do world quests and try to prevent the opposing faction from doing the same quests. It is fun for me and it makes the open world more dangerous and interesting, as each experience is different each time.

With that change, world PvP is dead. PvP servers are dead. Everyone will play effectively on a PvE server. Nobody, and I mean nobody, is going to opt-in for PvP. People already don't want to fight in the areas designed for world PvP and just farm mobs there.

This just destroys a part of my gameplay without even asking me. Part of the gameplay I am paying for.

Not to mention that they are specifically doing this to kill world PvP. It is a problem for them because they don't want to balance it, and they just wanted to find a way to get rid of it completely. They are cutting a part of the game because they don't want to deal with it anymore.

The other people chose to be on a PvP server, but I did not choose to be on a PvE server. And it's over for me with this game.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-11-04 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    Nice I can do my shitty brainless chores in peace without some tank who has never hit 1500 3 shotting me
    If only there would be type of server for that kind of stuff. We could call it Environment against Players, or something like that.

This thread is delicious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Appearantly Blizzard thinks World PvP is rape culture. Sad.
    That's precisely what it is. Always has been. It's for douchebags.

This change is awesome.

Signed;
    Someone from a 9-1 H to A ratio server.

Deleted
    if you get 3 shotted by a tank then pvp is probably not for you and you should probably just switch to PvE server where you can toggle pvp on and off whenever you want

Deleted
    Hehe, and you 'd think wpvp couldn't get any worse than legion! Hats off to Blizzard for removing pvp from the wow world and closing down pvp realms. From what i see, most players, even in a pvp forum agree with that, so times are indeed changing..

i'm 5000% sure we are gonna see ton of forced pvp zones like underbelly were even non flagged character gonna be forced into pvp mode to complete some of their quests, it's not like blizzard that always like to dictate what to do to let the player decide on such an important issue.

the message "you are entering a pvp area you get flagged in 15 sec" gonna pop up in many many occasions oh and to unflag after this you must stone back to a capital city.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I mean, "making PvP togglable" basically means making all realms PvE, and what worries me is how they'll handle the "bonuses t offset inefficiency"
    It's an extremely bad design, even they know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    CRZ. PvE players won't even see you. Everyone you *do* see will be flagged.
    At least that's how I expect it to happen. PvP servers won't exist anymore, but if you flag, you'll defacto be in all-flagged CRZ slices.
    That wasn't my question. My question was how would Blizzard handle those "bonuses to offset inefficiency". Like I said, they have to be big enough to give people incentive to quest with PvP enabled, but not big enough that it makes people who don't want to PvP feel "left out" or "penalized".
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    If only there would be type of server for that kind of stuff. We could call it Environment against Players, or something like that.
    Yes let me leave the guild, server, and the friends I've had for 10 years so people can go ganked once in a while when they are bored.

Seems Blizzard has sided with people like me, nobody gives a flying fuck about world PVP, and if you are one of the minority who does you can go gank all the other retards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KRWMoliugas View Post
    if you get 3 shotted by a tank then pvp is probably not for you and you should probably just switch to PvE server where you can toggle pvp on and off whenever you want
    I see you've never fought a raid geared Blood DK. I've played on a PVP server for almost 10 years and its only gotten bad recently with cross realm zones gank squads forming and now tanks being fucking ridiculous in world pvp.

I've been duelist on 2 toons and 2400+ so thanks for the criticism tho.

Deleted
    Why are you so aggressive and call people that enjoy Word PVP "retards"? That's not a very persuasive argument. Killing low level toons, ganging up on one toon, using any advantage that the game offers is not grieving, it is accepted Game Play - and has been this way from Day 1.

Sorry that you can't enjoy it. But there always has been a choice. Now that Choice has effectively been made meaningless, they removed any impact the PVE or PVP Choice ever had. Btw, I don't even play on PVP Servers, I am a super Casual Carebear.

Enjoy your victory, seems like you desperately needed one.

I do enjoy world pvp, and I don't gank people with lower level or much worse gear (less than 3M health for example). In fact, this is one of the main things I do in the open world, besides world quests.

This is dead now. The open world PvP participation will fall by 99% and this feature is basically removed. They are killing something I enjoy and play because they don't want to balance it.

But they still want me to pay them money. That's not going to happen.