Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Not sure where this company goes, but it's getting worse and worse with every game and with every expansion. Why do we need so much protection from each others wrath?

For example Diablo:
    Diablo 1: you could attack other players in the dungeon, by the press of a button... just like that, without warning. Friendly fire was there too.
    Diablo 2: you had to go back to town to declare hostility, which caused a big warning to everyone giving them time to port to town.
    Diablo 3: forget it, not possible at all to attack other players. They raised the protection level to complete immunity.

And now WoW too? Complete immunity against anyone if you personally choose to not get involved into a fight? Giving these people the choice means that others (nasty "gankers") have NO CHOICE at all. There is no more "individual choice" for these people, as it is consensual and therefore requires the choice of someone else too to work.

They are just removing a source of real (!) danger, the only one (!), from the world.

I personally would have gone the other way.. being able to attack anyone at any time, including members of the own faction except in instanced areas. This must be a very very unpopular opinion...

btw. I didn't even do World PvP in this expac, as it is just horribly inbalanced... there was just hope, that they'll make it better again with 8.0.

People just need protection against bullsh!t really. I just hoped they implemented this system sooner...

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendawgg View Post
    What is this "balanced WPvP" crap? It will never be balanced, it can't be balanced and it shouldn't be. You want as even of a fight as possible, then go play Rated.

The objective in Warcraft is to gain power. You raid for better gear to become more powerful. You quest for AP...for more power. Everything in this damn game is based on constant character improvement. You gain more power so you can crush your enemies. MOAR POWA MWUAHAHAHA.

WPvP is currently the only avenue in which you get to use all that earned power against the other faction....you know...your enemy that you've been at war with since this game's inception.

If i run around in full Mythic gear it's because i earned it. It's because i put the time into this game, and had enough ability to execute what i needed to do to gain MOAR POWA. It's not my fault you didn't. Don't whine to me about the fact that you can't be bothered with high end gear, whether that be M+, Elite PvP or Mythic Raiding gear.

What's the point of powering up your toon if you don't get to crush your foes with it? I've raided for years and years....Logs and DPS meter races simply aren't exciting anymore. I wanna kill people. It's why i picked up this game in 'nilla, and a big part of my desire to actually have high ilvl gear.
    The main problem is not the few and far in between people top high end gear in world PvP. The main problem is the imbalance between factions and servers. And that change is probably helping that a lot.
    BTW what are you whining about whiners? Nothing will change for you when ruling over other with your high end gear. Only if you would use that high end gear to rule lowies between level 1 and 110. But that would be pathetic, wouldn't it? If everybody that gets jumped changes to PvE to level it is NOT the fault of the people who do, it is the fault of people who made them change to PvE. So if you are running out on "victims" i suggest to complain to the people who took ganking to far and made people basically "transfer to a PvE server".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I don't get the complaints. All this does is put PvP'ers with other PvP'ers.

As I've said in other threads, LITERALLY the only people Mad about this are people that won't be able to Gank lowbies and will have to actually fight people they can (and most likely will) lose against.
    Pretty much as I see it too, the lame ass cowards that pick on low level players for fun because they know that they would not stand a chance against those of their level..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Most pvp players want to be on a faction dominated sever where they are never really threatened by the other faction since the deciding factor comes down to numbers.

As a bored mage in throne of thunder who gained the fire watcher title I can tell you first hand that most do not enjoy in the slightest when suddenly numbers no longer work out in thier favor and they are the ones being hunted.
    Hopefully this new system will fix the issue of server faction imbalance, which has been an issue for a long time..

15+ Year Old Account
    WPVP is the realm of douchebags, sorry rogues, so I'm more than happy.
    If I was a dev I would allow PVP only in arena/BG

World PvP is like 90% "I find it entertaining to make the person on the other end of the computer screen as angry and upset as possible". A lot of the rest is just passing by stuff, but very few people pick a fight they think they might lose, whether that means the target is outlevelled, outnumbered, or outgeared, or a combination of the three. There's some real fun stuff in there, but it's few and far inbetween, especially considering you need a balanced server for things to escalate well (going back and forth multiple times getting in progressively larger groups) . About the only escalation I've seen since getting merged into an alliance dominated server is when a horde rogue camped the hell out WoD winter veil area for an extended period of time until they had enough and shut the entire place out.

And if you really don't like the changes, you'll probably enjoy WoW Classic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    Blizzard is NOT making every server a PvE server. they just give players the choice if they want to W-PvP or not on every type of server.
    Yes they are. That is the definition of a PvE server. You can turn on/off PvP on a PvE server.

Again, I don't see how I'm toxic. I don't gank low level players, or people with low gear. But if I decide to make completing WQs for the other faction a little bit more difficult, I have the right to do so. We both rolled on a PvP server, but somehow it's my fault for playing the game as intended.

I think that this is the end of me playing the game. There is nothing "war" like in Warcraft anymore. It's a farming simulator designed for people with a low attention span.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-11-14 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Yes they are. That is the definition of a PvE server. You can turn on/off PvP on a PvE server.
    Wrong, that is YOUR definition of a PvE server. PvP server is defined as "you can attack every character you see in game at anytime", which essentially is something you can achieve by switch to PvP and you can attack everybody you see at any give time. This is NOT like the PvP switch on current PvE servers, more like a realmtransfer you can do in the city. The people you don't see are essentially not on your shard/server and literally did what many PvP people suggested over the years => transferred to PvE servers (shards in this case).

So no, you are wrong. And you can twist it as much as you want: Blizzard is not making every PvP server a PvE server. They are making them all homeservers with a flexible preference slider. But if you switch to PvP and leave it there, nothing is changing for you.

Again, I don't see how I'm toxic. I don't gank low level players, or people with low gear. But if I decide to make completing WQs for the other faction a little bit more difficult, I have the right to do so. We both rolled on a PvP server, but somehow it's my fault for playing the game as intended.
    And still can do that with the slider. Again, as it is currently planned, the only person you will see at WQ points are people that have their slider set to on, are attackable by you and can not just unflag and show the middle finger. Nothing changes for you in this case. And nothing is your fault when you play the PvP part as intended. Tell me what you feel you are losing. I would really like to know. because you are technically, virtually and in real not losing anything.

I think that this is the end of me playing the game. There is nothing "war" like in Warcraft anymore. It's a farming simulator designed for people with a low attention span.
    Oh how i love this non-argument "it is world of WARCRAFT!!!! duh!". Yes it is. But WARcraft does NOT mean "only PvP is war". The title and the world are defined by WAR between factions, races, against gods and demons.... actually the most war in WARcraft comes from the PvE-elements.

I won't try to change your stance on the game. I just think you are all getting upset by a change you haven't really thought about with all the infos we have. The plan is good, and especially if you want to make WQs for the other faction difficult to complete. That is YOUR change. Because they can design WQs more and more tailored only to PvP people, make more and more diverse. While people can opt out of PvP while leveling and questing WQs are out of that. With this change WQs are very likely to become PvP hotspots in BfA since everybody who wants to participate needs to be PvP active, and everyone from a PvE realm who wants to do WQs will be on PvP shards. So actually this change is more in favor of people like you.

the ONLY thing this change is effectively changing is: it gives people that normally would force themselves to level through PvP an easy way to change to a PvE realm without actually transfer away from their realm and friends. That will probably only effect lowie killers, and nobody else.

Edit:
    Not all WQs being on the PvP shards, but the PvP-centric will be. The WQs on PvE server don't effect you now, and people doing WQs with PvP won't effect you then. If you feel it does, then you would already think that PvE servers kill your fun since PvE players from PvE servers can do their WQs without you making it difficult to them.
    Last edited by mmoc4d4e0f36a6; 2017-11-14 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    All of this fails miserably when the PvP shard participation falls by 99.99% because nobody will play on it. I'm calling it now: An year from release, the PvP shard will be safer than the PvE shard, because literally nobody will play on the PvP shard.

Yeah, maybe I'm wrong about this. I was right about Legion though. An year before release, I predicted that World PvP will go to complete shit and dragonslayers will be completely unkillable due to the lack of any kind of balancing or templates in world pvp.

I guess that we will see if I'm right this time.

Deleted
    All of this fails miserably when the PvP shard participation falls by 99.99% because nobody will play on it. I'm calling it now: An year from release, the PvP shard will be safer than the PvE shard, because literally nobody will play on the PvP shard.
    Well you are basically think that W-PvP only happens if Blizzard is "forcing" the people to do Openworld-PvP, and you want to have people forced into PvP so that you can have your fun? i actually doubt that nobody wants Open pvp. And if so, than W-PvP is not popular at all and should do like the dinosaurs. I highly doubt you get enough opponents because they have "no other choice". Maybe people will make use of that option and do their PvE WQs with PvP turned off and only switch to PvP when they want to to the PvP centric WQs or even just for fun to make a little trouble. In either case there will be plenty of people for PvP.

Still want to know what you are getting taken away. It can't possibly be the opponents, because if people want to avoid Pvp they can do that already. It is clunky and unnecessarily complicated but possible. But that doesn't qualify for being agains that change, since the change does nothing like putting all options (zone hopping, LFG-to PvE abuse, realm transfer etc) into one single button without a cost attached and comfortably placed ingame. And this option does not effect us PvP-player at all.

Yeah, maybe I'm wrong about this. I was right about Legion though. An year before release, I predicted that World PvP will go to complete shit and dragonslayers will be completely unkillable due to the lack of any kind of balancing or templates in world pvp.
    Luckily for you, Blizzard noticed the flaws that came with the template system according to the interviews. So i guess this problem is in the works.

I guess that we will see if I'm right this time.
    That is what i said: just wait and see. There will be a lot of info about that the closer to release we get.

Deleted
    Many players seem to be confused about whats changing, so here is what:
    up to legion we have
    PVE servers - pvp is voluntary, you only participate if and when you flag yourself for pvp, you pvp with flagged players from your realm, connected realms or anyone present through a cross realm zone group.
    PVP servers - pvp is mandatory, you are always flagged for pvp outside starter zones and sanctuaries, you are phased with players from your realm, connected realms or anyone present through a cross realm zone group.

after legion we ll have:
    PVE servers - pvp is voluntary, you only participate if and when you flag yourself for pvp, you pvp with flagged players from all realms (or many at least).
    PVP servers - changed into PVE servers

So i see two changes. One, pvp servers are ending, two, world pvp follows pve and instanced pvp in being able to be phased with players from all realms.

i wonder why they decided on such a change. Maybe server imbalance or population, maybe too high a percentage of players in pvp realms nowdays don't enjoy world pvp and complain, maybe its too difficult to balance with the new pvp systems in the game, or maybe its another new idea that new developers want to try? Who knows?

A shame really, cause it takes away a whole playstyle of the game for a part of the community
    Last edited by mmoc0db28a6c7b; 2017-11-14 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oltimer View Post
    after legion we ll have:
    PVE servers - pvp is voluntary, you only participate if and when you flag yourself for pvp, you pvp with flagged players from all realms (or many at least).
    PVP servers - changed into PVE servers
    That is not true. in my previous 2 posts i explain what the HUUUUUGE difference between PvE-servers and the upcoming system is.
    In short: for people that have their PvP-slider always on

So i see two changes. One, pvp servers are ending, two, world pvp follows pve and instanced pvp in being able to be phased with players from all realms.
    PvE servers are ending too. They are all home servers then.

i wonder why they decided on such a change. Maybe server imbalance or population, maybe too high a percentage of players in pvp realms nowdays don't enjoy world pvp and complain, maybe its too difficult to balance with the new pvp systems in the game, or maybe its another new idea that new developers want to try? Who knows?
    Only Blizzard knows. Probably Server imbalance and hard fact data about how many PvP players used the switch zone feature or the LGF-to-PvE-server feature to get away to do the tasks in peace. Complains are very unlikely: only 10-15% are on the official forums, less are writing and even if it would be half of that complaining it would be such a small percentage that makes changes effecting everybody basically stupid IF no other data backed that change.
    New idea they want to do is likely too. Since they have talked about what they all can do with that system in place in terms of world PvP.

A shame really, cause it takes away a whole playstyle of the game for a part of the community
    Nothing is taken away from anybody. For people (like me) who will have their PvP slider set to on all the time nothing will change.
    IF (and that is a big if) nobody would activate PvP at any time it would mean everybody does not want to W-PvP on PvP servers would have effectively taken the route of realm transfer to a PvE server. Would you be complaining to Blizzard if everybody who does not wish to play on a PvP server anymore transfers over to PvE servers?

That is actually gigantically good.
    It favors people on servers that are highly densed towards one population, they can opt NOT to PvP, and in case they do they get bonus for killing idiots. seems fair enough to me