Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

8.0 Paladin Hopes, Fantasies, Guesses?

So we have a taste of what's to come in 8.0 at a very general scale.

I'm excited at the prospect of Lightforged Draenei... I might race-change my drwarf pally to this new sub-race.

What all Paladin specific changes do you want to see in the next xpac?

I wonder if we'll somehow get to imbue ourselves with the Wake of Ashes spell (and other artifact spells) as we discard our artifacts so that we can continue to use that ability?

But the one thing I think I want most of all... is a 4th spec option for Shockadin. A holy damage ranged caster with high survivability (using a 1h/shield) so likely no or very little mobility. Just give it to us already. There have been Shockadins since Vanilla... make it official already.
    Last edited by Sungamnori; 2017-11-04 at 05:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just hoping Holy Wrath is removed and that's already a good step forward!

No hopes, more #fantasy, guessing another gutting is inbound.

I just want a gnome paladin, but noooo.

10+ Year Old Account
    fix Ret first and foremost

Deleted
    synergetic, aka consistent design, esp. talents.
    range and/or mobility. utility, maye a dispel. maybe seals for variety, options between dps (maybe even melee and range) and mobility. more reasonable raid utility than retribution and Wisdom, a BattleRez would be op. Emancipate!
    burst - outbursted by pyros and destros is just not right. more burst.

better class story ("army of lovers", felt like Village People at Blizzcon) and more realistic "class/spec fantasy" - if ret is supposed to be light bearing juggernaut, gimme reasonable def (which cant be dispelled, spellstolen). SoV is a nice idea, but not ideal. should work like Aegisjalmur maybe, more absorb and retribution amount would be nice too. getting one-shotted by rogues isnt fun or gameplay, its just ganking.
    animations, BoW is just ridiculous, but HoW wasnt better at all. more lumen pls, much more, for the audience. more lightshow pls, thx. i wanna be Pink Floyd on Xtasy.

Since Artifacts are being removed.

Replace Holy Wrath with Wake of Ashes as a talent. At the VERY least. And tune appropriately of course, but it has the potential to be a good replacement if done right.

Hoping they

ret
    - give us back our offhealing capabilities
    - prune our talent tree to reduce the clutter in tier 2 and 4
    - remove greater blessings

Holy
    - Make avenging crusader a pve talent
    - make Melee healing more rewardin in the talent tree

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Since Artifacts are being removed.

Replace Holy Wrath with Wake of Ashes as a talent. At the VERY least. And tune appropriately of course, but it has the potential to be a good replacement if done right.
    That’s done already. WoA replaced HW, can be seen from demo footage. We also have a new aura that’s baseline called devotion aura so it seems they may be returning auras to ret, maybe more to choose from in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That’s done already. WoA replaced HW, can be seen from demo footage. We also have a new aura that’s baseline called devotion aura so it seems they may be returning auras to ret, maybe more to choose from in the future.
    Yeah right, why fix their shit now if they can simply remove it later on.
    Just you wait till WoA gets meteor treatment or somesuch idiocy.

I can almost guarantee Crusader will be gone..

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I guess I missed that,, but glad to hear that.
    I'll have to look into it later

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    Shockadin.
    Goodness will people let Shockadin go already, it worked for one whole patch of an expansion and that was only if you specced into Art of War in Ret and Holy Shock in Holy. With Libram of Flash of Light, Shockadin was the result of a broken class and an imbalanced talent tree. Sacredlight's arena days are gone, It's never coming back.

Hammer of Wrath
    Remove Judgement debuff, give back that speed buff (law of the long arms was it?)

Deleted
    I hope for Zandalari Freethinker Paladin and some troll centered spell fx.

a hope for more races has been shattered, unless the Trolls can be paladin :<

Deleted
    Im crying inside that they decided no more races on Horde will be allowed to be a Paladin. Im gonna be stuck as a BE for another expansion. (And please dont tell me I can be a Tauren... I dont have that many transmog toys).

I hope they change that god awful mastery on holy paladins or at least give us back the ability to heal with damage.

More racial diversity for Paladins would be nice (some followers seem to have hinted at the possibility).

Also would love to see some of the movement speed related talents return.

Maybe they will actually use our feedback during alpha/beta this time.
    Oh who am I kidding.
    We gon get fethed upside backwards like usual. We gon take it like men. Or girls, in case of blood elves. Like usual.