Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    i hope holy paladins will be back with a 1h/shield. Or atleast u can decide if you want to play a 2h healpaladin or a 1h/shield healpaladin.

i miss my 1h/shield so much

Can you guys elaborate on wake replacing Holy Wrath? Is Crusade still around? That kinda sucks if we have to choose.

Crusade was still around in the demo. Whether you will still actually want to spec into it without the extended wings duration from Ashbringer, however...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    Can you guys elaborate on wake replacing Holy Wrath? Is Crusade still around? That kinda sucks if we have to choose.
    As I understand Crusade will be shit without 5 points in the duration trait.
    Ashes will also be crap compared Divine Purpose as it will probably give you more than 2 procs during Ashes' cooldown.

Shame really. I liked Ashes. But you will be an Arms paladin with less interesting choices than now.

I'm sitting here wondering what exactly they're going to cut from Ret or make worse. I remember thinking this in the beta that for how bad things were, they would inevitably take away some of the workarounds and useful things, such as they were, and they did. The guessing game isn't if they're going to 'fix' Ret, it's find what they're going to take away. Oh sure it'll be okay DPS and workable in PVE, it was in Legion, I have no doubts on that...but I'm waiting to see just what more they can take away to make it awkward to play or somehow bad.

My money is on the 'judgement spread' from the last Ashbringer golden. I think that's something they will drop if they keep the judgement smash mechanic. That is just off the top of my head something that is a a workaround and must thus be pruned. Crusade I see being removed or massively changed at a later date because again, it's something useful. Not sure what else they might take from Ret but I'm sure they'll add a little bit of shit that's useful in the beta and then take it out because of the unspoken design principle of Fuck Ret.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

^if anything, entire tree needs rework.

Curious as to Final Verdict due to Lightforged draenei racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    As I understand Crusade will be shit without 5 points in the duration trait.
    Ashes will also be crap compared Divine Purpose as it will probably give you more than 2 procs during Ashes' cooldown.

Shame really. I liked Ashes. But you will be an Arms paladin with less interesting choices than now.
    Wake of Ashes won't be a talent. It'll be a baseline ability. They just had to replace Holy Wrath with something to make sure people know Holy Wrath is gone.

Avenging crusader should be pve aviable and tuned to not be a Coldown but a constant ability.

The Lightbringer Storm the Sorrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Wake of Ashes won't be a talent. It'll be a baseline ability. They just had to replace Holy Wrath with something to make sure people know Holy Wrath is gone.
    In their (in)finite wisdom they might do the exact opposite and make Holy Fart baseline.
    I can already see justification for that: to make paladins more threatening in melee.
    This could also double as a reason for fine tuning of our damage in pvp.
    And triple as a reason for 45 sec cd on hof.
    Because massive melee threat.
    Last edited by Storm the Sorrow; 2017-11-14 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Wagakki Band_-_Homura
    Be wary of the ones who yell: "Off with the satire!", for trash is always displeased with the broom.
    Please refrain from speaking your mind or having an opinion.
    This signature holds no images yet violates signature rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Competent Mods View Post
    We have looked at the infractions you had active and decided to REVERSE the last signature violation you received.

What if the Judgment window was made into a short burst CD. Perhaps give judgment a 30 sec CD with the same duration and then just buff all of our damage accordingly. This way Blizzard keeps their colossal smash hard on for ret and the judgment window feels like less like a chore for players and more of a fun window of opportunity. Maybe make a pvp talent that when casting judgement the paladin gets a speed boost or is immune to slows.

Make consecration baseline and anyone caught in it gets the debuff in addition to the main target.
    Last edited by Varx; 2017-11-14 at 11:28 PM.

Holy wrath baseline would be shit, paladins would start standing in fire just to get it's procs, kinda like Shield of Vengance is. The passive "Retribution" is also great, but, PARTY ON once someone dies, gives a lot of room for cheesing DPS.

The Lightbringer Storm the Sorrow's Avatar
    Since when mechanic being shit deterred them from implementing it for Ret?

Arienai, as they say, mono wa arienai.
    Be wary of the ones who yell: "Off with the satire!", for trash is always displeased with the broom.
    Please refrain from speaking your mind or having an opinion.
    This signature holds no images yet violates signature rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Competent Mods View Post
    We have looked at the infractions you had active and decided to REVERSE the last signature violation you received.