Poll: What is your opinion of the K&C?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Am I missing something? I meant when Kripp, Reynad, Dog, etc. went through the dungeon live on stage at BlizzCon. They all had to fight like 8 bosses and then got to the end. It was supposed to be a competition to see who'd get the furthest, but all of them made it to the end with ease.
    They each did stages 1-3 with different classes
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Its always the same for me. I get interested into some new fun looking cards and then they see 0 gameplay and the meta is dominated by 2-3 boring decks. I know thats just normal. Still it takes some excitement from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Its always the same for me. I get interested into some new fun looking cards and then they see 0 gameplay and the meta is dominated by 2-3 boring decks. I know thats just normal. Still it takes some excitement from the game.
    I was hoping for some tweaks to ladder and arena specifically. In addition to a proper tournament mode. Unfortunately, we got none of those. Not that pumped for this expansion. Especially with the price increase for us Canadians.

The new warrior spell... will it upgrade if it's in your deck when you use a weapon, or does it have to be in your hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    The new warrior spell... will it upgrade if it's in your deck when you use a weapon, or does it have to be in your hand?
    It needs to be in your hand.

While the new expansion doesn't seem that exciting (Legendary weapons just screams for 2x ooze + Harrison in every deck), the new legendary card The Darkness seems amazing.

At first it might just seem like a meme card, but if you take the current meta into account, it looks much better.

4 Mana, do nothing seems rather bad, however the fact that you shuffle 3x "Candle Cards" into the opponents deck is a massive hit for Raza Priest.

If you play this on Turn 4, there's no Raza happening until he has drawn two Candle Cards, next to that, it's a massive nerf to Shadow Visions, since discovering this candle card totally not helping you as long as a Dormant the Darkness is on board, it may block priest from discovering Dragonfire Potion / Shadow word Death.

And even if it activates, Priest needs to have Death or Shadowreaper in hand, a priest cannot kill a 20 health minion with just raw damage, Shadowreaper + Raza Hero power doesn't help you there.

May even be useful against Jade Druid, due their insane card draw.

Really looking forward to play this card, due the minions health, almost any class has to hard remove this, and if the enemy already used some hard removals, he stares at a 20/20 that really wants to connect face.

Obviously, the card is crap against aggro / midrange deck, but against slower decks, this card may be really good.

Most legendary weapons are interesting, but are niche and not auto-includes. I doubt we will see an Ooze meta, especially since a lot of the legendary weapons are pretty durable to oozes (hunter, rogue, druid, paladin) even if they are popular.

The Darkness seems like it could be a strong tech choice if Raza priest and maybe Jade druid stay popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Slightly interested, there are a lot of bullshit cards and the mechanics aren't that nice as the lich king cards brought. Anyways, does anyone know when xactly it will go live in EU? Or can it be any moment?
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Most legendary weapons are interesting, but are niche and not auto-includes.
    I am torn to be honest.

Dragon Soul seems pretty solid for any priest deck, getting it off two times seems realistic and decent enough to run it, ignoring any potential radiant elemental + Lyra shenanigans.

Aluneth...i remember those Mage Hemet decks in early Un'goro, that basically stall until they've drawn Hemet to ensure they only draw Pyro / Firelands Portal over the next few turns, this may fit into a similiar deck, those burn mage decks are pretty nasty if they can ensure they won't run out fuel.

Even if they are resilient to removal, the enemy will draw multiple cards with Harrison, depending the weapon you've played, it might've eaten up your previous turn, taking into account that non legendary weapons are still part of other decks, including a Harrison seems very reasonable.

If certain decks with weapons become popular, weapon removal will be the obvious answer, even if they are resilient, you can't deal with all 3 charges of Kingsbane if the weapon has been buffed X times, rogue may re draw it but that seems better than getting hit by all 3 charges.

It's a bit like Eater of Secrets vs. Ice Block, Eater of Secrets may suck a lot of the time, but when the mage has Ice block, you thank god for including it because there's no real alternative to counter it.

Downside is, those "subpar" weapons will most certainly vanish out of existance if weapon removal becomes more common.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-12-07 at 05:50 PM.

Expansion is for some reason live in EU already.

EDIT: Opened 34 packs so far, got Dragon Soul for logging in, Aluneth within my first few packs and then Grumble (Shaman legendary). Not too bad.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-12-07 at 07:36 PM.

Most of the cards are going to be disenchanted, just horrible design.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon Runs are heaps of fucking fun

I've barely touched Ladder so far today, just been chaining Dungeons

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons are the best ever. However, can't tell....is there a point to playing them rewards wise? Would be kinda dumb if they added the most diverse and potentially challenging mode that stays fresher than anything and then there is no reason to do it vs. grinding ladder again.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Dungeons are the best ever. However, can't tell....is there a point to playing them rewards wise? Would be kinda dumb if they added the most diverse and potentially challenging mode that stays fresher than anything and then there is no reason to do it vs. grinding ladder again.
    You get a card back for finishing it with all 9 heroes but outside of that... i just hope there are gold quests to run it more or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    I play it cuz its fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I play it cuz its fun
    That's why I will do it every now and then, but the whole point of the game is to earn gold to not have to spend money. If that's not possible in this game mode, it's worthless after a week.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    That's why I will do it every now and then, but the whole point of the game is to earn gold to not have to spend money. If that's not possible in this game mode, it's worthless after a week.
    The point of the game for me is to play it and have fun >.>

Gold is the means, not the end

I'm really loving the PvE content, I hope they do more like it because it's amazing. At the very least I hope they expand on the dungeon system in place. So far I've finished 4 classes, 3 of them I did in their first run. It's really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well the reward is that we will constantly have a daily quest up for a pack for defeating dungeon bosses I think.

And yes, dungeons are amazing. So much fun.
    Day 2, no new quest. I did the first 3: win 1, win 5, win 10. Now there are no more, just standard quests again. I'm having a lot of fun winning with each class though, but once I'm done it will sorta be moot. Hopefully a weekly at least to get a pack?
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well once you win with one archetype of the class, you can always try to win with a different one. Though some runs are just annoying, trying to win with a spell mage then getting the trogg with all the triggers on spell cast is just . . . horrible
    Thats the beauty of it. One Warlock run, I got the Staff Of Summoning, extra cards at the start and the Justicar's Ring and ended up with like 8 Mountain Giants and a bunch of Moltens/Seas thrown in. I was having 4-6 Giants on board by turn 3 and just rolled it.

And then my next one was entirely Demon focused, with double of the "enemy minions cost more" treasure and the "recruit 3" treasure. Not only were the encounters different, but my entire strategy and playstyle was brand new