Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Antorus vs. Tomb difficulty

How hard do you think Mythic Antorus will be relative to Tomb of Sargeras?

Given that it is the final raid and it will be current content for a very long time, I anticipate that it will be tuned more difficult than Tomb of Sargeras to ensure that players are kept busy for as long as possible. Otherwise guilds will simply steamroll through it in a couple of months then unsubscribe for the next 10 months which is not in Blizzard's interest at all.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post

Given that it is the final raid and it will be current content for a very long time, I anticipate that it will be tuned more difficult than Tomb of Sargeras to ensure that players are kept busy for as long as possible. Otherwise guilds will simply steamroll through it in a couple of months then unsubscribe for the next 10 months which is not in Blizzard's interest at all.
    Ion specifically said that none of the bosses in Antorus would be tuned to be as hard as Kil'jaeden, so not at the very high end of difficulty Tomb had, at least.

The sheer lack of 100000 soak or die mechanics will alter the overall difficulty some I believe. At least steer it away from that horribleness.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Ion specifically said that none of the bosses in Antorus would be tuned to be as hard as Kil'jaeden, so not at the very high end of difficulty Tomb had, at least.
    So I'm supposed to believe kil'jaeden is more powerful than a titan world soul? The very thing that has powered the legion this entire time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay > Lore

Repeat ad infinium.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Otherwise guilds will simply steamroll through it in a couple of months then unsubscribe for the next 10 months which is not in Blizzard's interest at all.
    It takes at least 5 months from killing mythic Argus to outfit the whole raid team with the mounts. For the other remaining 5 you can sell them for crazy gold, so who in the right mind would unsub and lose all that profit?

And I don't know what do you mean that raids are steamrolled in a couple of months just because they're the last tier, HFC was a last tier and there was barely around 400 mythic Archi kills around the time valor patch "nerf" hit, my guild's kill was around 1k rank in the world and it came in February, over 7 months after raid opened.

Siege of Orgrimmar was only a "joke" on prepatch (like most raids fate), earlier than that tons of guilds were pulling hair on Blackfuse and thereabouts.

Tbh I remember in HFC more people quit because Gorefiend / Xul / Mannoroth proved to be a brick wall for their guild's progression than because they already finished it. Two of the guilds I've been in back then disbanded, one on Xul, other on Manno. Third one I joined thrived selling Blackhand mounts, HFC heroic, moose mounts and 11/13 mythic boosts (we weren't good enough to boost the last 2). That on top of garrison gold + tokens made sure I had zero reasons to unsub, not only was I playing for free, but gold was rolling in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Gameplay > Lore

Repeat ad infinium.
    Still feels silly, and poorly planned. I suppose they couldn't have really gone "jesus we made KJ a bit of a beast, we should have saved this until later" until after it was out and being heavily player tested though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Siege of Orgrimmar was only a "joke" on prepatch (like most raids fate), earlier than that tons of guilds were pulling hair on Blackfuse and thereabouts.
    Garrosh was easier on 10m Heroic pre patch then he was on 20 Mythic post patch. Yea, he was harder on 25 man then both but let's not pretend the majority of raiders weren't doing 10m at the time...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Still feels silly, and poorly planned. I suppose they couldn't have really gone "jesus we made KJ a bit of a beast, we should have saved this until later" until after it was out and being heavily player tested though.
    Well, part of the issue with KJ is that he wasn't tested enough, and was released with bugs/bad tuning (IIRC), which added several layers of faux-difficulty. Which might be what they're talking about. An assumption, yea, but definitely plausible.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

The mechanics of a fight make it hard yeah but think about the fact that to take on Mythic Argus you'll need Heroic Antorus gear and not as much Heroic TOS gear you are getting an upgrade to take on Argus. He will have insane more health most likely and we will do insane more dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Gameplay > Lore

Repeat ad infinium.
    This, after all these years people do not get it.

Avatar and kj were a nightmare to progress for the top 100 guilds, this makes sense. Gonna lose players if they keep tuning end content for 2 guilds

Mythic Habarel and Mythic dogs will be kinda same as mistress avatar.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

tell us how you feel when you killed Ysera while doing solo questing

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Garrosh was easier on 10m Heroic pre patch then he was on 20 Mythic post patch. Yea, he was harder on 25 man then both but let's not pretend the majority of raiders weren't doing 10m at the time...
    No way. That fight pretty much required race stacking or very specific compositions on 10m hc (even after the nerfs). It was quite harder than 25 man in fact.
    On the other hand, in 20mythic pugs downed it on first pull (with people without ce). But this part is true for all 20mythic fights in SoO.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dadev View Post
    No way. That fight pretty much required race stacking or very specific compositions on 10m hc (even after the nerfs). It was quite harder than 25 man in fact.
    On the other hand, in 20mythic pugs downed it on first pull (with people without ce). But this part is true for all 20mythic fights in SoO.
    The original version of Mythic Garrosh (like the first few days after the WoD pre-patch/stat squish) was certainly not this easy; maybe you are thinking of the hotfixed version a bit afterwards.

I'm expecting it to be better tuned than ToS, by that I mean that on average it will be harder but the hardest bosses wont be as stupid as KJ.

It probably wont have a as steep difficulty curve.

But the top end guilds will probably still wipe hundreds of times on Argus even if he isn't as highly tuned as KJ was.

I'm expecting the bosses to be pushovers, then a slight cockblock from Imonar, then easy-ish again up until the last 2 or 3 ( depends whether coven of shivarra proves to be hard). Similar to how HFC curve was really.

No one cares about previous bosses and measures enjoyment from how much harder a previous boss was. All that matters is if the gameplay is fun now. If you want it to be harder then take off some gear or go grab some lower tier pieces and RP all you want.