Thread: Addon idea

Deleted

Addon idea

I came up with an idea for an addon that I don't know if it is possible to make and if it is allowed to use even if it is possible to make.
    It is intended to be used while multiboxing to make smart decisions.

One of the functionalities would be that it would have a unit frame that is normally empty. Then it checks every character in party or raid and see how much health they have, do they have any debuffs, are they missing any buffs etc.
    Then it checks what would be the most important task to do. For example if the character is just about to die then it would probably be best to use a strong instant heal on the character like Lay on Hands or using a defensive skill like Divine Shield or Ice Block.
    It would communicate between the characters and build a list of skills that are ready on a non cced and alive character so it knows that the skill can be used and then make a macro and make it do the action when pressed and also update the unit frame with the unit needing assistance and make the task perform if clicked.

Then it would be possible to take the best estimated task with just pressing a button that updated when the addon decides there is some important task to do.

This would comply with the thing about that you have to press a button to take any action and it would not be botting or anything. (although it would get dangerously close)
    I know 1 addon is able to communicate between characters so that should probably work. I know healing addons can make smart decisions like cast buffs or revive on the same button you normally heal.

Would this be possible and would it be allowed?

15+ Year Old Account
    You basically want to make a 1 button automated bot, don't think Blizzard is happy about those..

I don't think this would be particularly helpful even if it was allowed. Examples are examples, but in this one you can already set your screen to flash red at low health if you really can't notice a health bar, and often powerful abilities are best saved for specific mechanics even if someone will die without wasting it.

But if this is just something you want, there are plenty of "rotation helper" add-ons like Spell Flash, or you can define your own logic and conditions with Power Auras or Weak Auras (you can make auras that react to just about anything on anyone.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    You basically want to make a 1 button automated bot, don't think Blizzard is happy about those..
    It wouldn't be an automated bot, it would basically be the same as the healing addons but a little smarter and made for multiboxing and only made for improving combat.
    You are already allowed to (and many do) basically the same thing for dealing damage but more simplified.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    I don't think this would be particularly helpful even if it was allowed. Examples are examples, but in this one you can already set your screen to flash red at low health if you really can't notice a health bar, and often powerful abilities are best saved for specific mechanics even if someone will die without wasting it.

But if this is just something you want, there are plenty of "rotation helper" add-ons like Spell Flash, or you can define your own logic and conditions with Power Auras or Weak Auras (you can make auras that react to just about anything on anyone.)
    Those addons doesn't work for multiboxing because you control an entire party or raid on your own.

Deleted
    No, this would not be possible, and generally speaking it's not possible to make addons that aren't allowed precisely because Blizzard have disabled the features they don't want addons to use, so you don't need to worry about using addons that aren't allowed.

Healing addons aren't very smart. They can act based on a few predetermined conditions (same as the ones you have access to in macros), such as am I in combat, is my target dead and is my target friendly.

What you're describing is exactly what Blizzard don't want you to do. They want you to make concious decisions regarding what to cast, on whom to cast it, and when to cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by xandorz View Post
    It wouldn't be an automated bot, it would basically be the same as the healing addons but a little smarter and made for multiboxing and only made for improving combat.
    You are already allowed to (and many do) basically the same thing for dealing damage but more simplified.

Those addons doesn't work for multiboxing because you control an entire party or raid on your own.
    A button that changes to any spell based on conditions is considered automation by Blizzard, even though it isn't a bot. There are levels of automation, from code helping you in ways it shouldn't to full automation. I guarantee you that multiboxers don't have any magical code that selects the correct damage spell, otherwise they would be banned. Good multiboxers have a very complicated setup with many macros, but the very basic part of multiboxing, which cannot be changed and is the only way it's legal, is using software that broadcasts your keyboard to the multiple windows. There can be zero automation with that part. Every keystroke you do can only have one keystroke in any one game window. You can make it so certain keys skip certain characters, but you can't have any character receive two or more keys. There is no external API, so programming a smartkey that chooses which healing spell to press is impossible.

However, you can still make this button, it just won't be clickable in combat. What I'm thinking of is a WeakAura next to every unit in your raid frame that is hidden at full health, but changes to an icon of the healing spell that unit could most benefit from. HealBot Continued already kind of does this for things like what you need to dispel.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

This actually existed in vanilla. It was a healer addon that created a dynamic list that sorted itself in real time based upon who needed heals most. All you had to do has hover your cursor at the top of the list and spam heal. Blizzard banned the addon and disabled the functionality.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This actually existed in vanilla. It was a healer addon that created a dynamic list that sorted itself in real time based upon who needed heals most. All you had to do has hover your cursor at the top of the list and spam heal. Blizzard banned the addon and disabled the functionality.
    Healbot had at least similar functionality at the time, hence the name.
    It moved with the times but the name stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.