Unhappy Arathi Highlands: Update only in the warfront

Hi everybody,

I come with bad news for all roleplayers around the world in regards to Arathi Highlands.

The well known German wow-website vanion made an interview with the designers John Hight and Patrick Dawson. According to this interview the Arathi Highlands and Stromgarde will ONLY update in the warfront scenario. The overworld will not change and you will continue to live in ruins.

On our roleplay server many people were already celebrating that they finally could play in a rebuild kingdom...but now their dreams are shattered. So I ask you: Send in suggestions to Blizzard, spam threads, do everything you can so they reconsider their decision. Why they don't change the overworld once you hit 110 and then simply place a bronze dragon there? Nobody knows.

With this the whole faction conflict already becomes a farce. The war will seemingly only happen in instances and special scenarios/quests...again just like it did in Mists of Pandaria.

So please send in suggestions, open up some threads, do everything you can. For many roleplayers from other countries as well.

Keydiam

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Expected.

Sad that an expansion about world war will be consolidated into instances and two tiny islands... as usual.

It doesn't surprise me, because the assets used to recreate Stromgarde's walls and buildings in the trailer are reused from garrison models. Since it was announced in the section displaying "Warfronts" I just assumed it was an instance/scenario until more info was given.

That said, they did say that a lot of zones are changing at 110+ in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Arathi/Stromgarde could still change before the end of the development cycle if enough people want it.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

yeaah.... I've been worrying about this since the very moment I saw the announcement cinematic. But hope dies last. It just seems absurd not to update the open world for level 110+ characters. It's way too absurd. I pray that either the interviewed devs were incompetent. As we saw multiple times during the interviews at Blizzcon, devs provide inaccurate information sometimes, like the worgen and goblins. One of the devs said they won't be coming and another said "oh yes, it will be happening in a patch". Either way, someone was lying and not very informed about his own game

That sucks balls man...

I would've really liked to see Stromgarde and Gilneas rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Expected.

Sad that an expansion about world war will be consolidated into instances and two tiny islands... as usual.
    And the old world areas that are changing post-110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Werid. They said the old world will change for characters 110 +.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    And the old world areas that are changing post-110.
    There'll be no content there though, just as there was no content in Theramoore crater.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Werid. They said the old world will change for characters 110 +.
    It is weird and contradicting to what they said in the Q&A. Still, I wanted to make some noise. It's pretty dumb. They have the assets, they pretty much just need to copy them into the open-world and place a time travel bronze dragon and they're done.

Doesn't this make sense since the Alliance/Horde are pushing each other out of their respective continents?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There'll be no content there though, just as there was no content in Theramoore crater.
    I wouldn't care. Give me a copy-paste New-Stromgarde and I will RP the hell out of it with my group

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelangelo View Post
    Doesn't this make sense since the Alliance/Horde are pushing each other out of their respective continents?
    they arent azuremyst and quel thalas is still alliance and horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.