Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The problem with updated player races is that, unlike most of WoW's creature updates, it's a lot of work. A lot of different rigging and more complicated expressions are required. Right now, the new expansion is the priority. There's a ton of new creatures to animate. Including new animations for the Allied Races. Blizz doesn't think they'll have time to give Goblins and Worgen the attention they need amidst all that, and feels later in the expansion they'll have that time.

That is tragic. I know I want my Goblin updates. But it's also logical and somewhat understandable. I'm not going to get angry about it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    8.1 or 8.2 is my guess.

They stated "not for 8.0" in like 2 or 3 Q&A's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoutinelyWorgen View Post
    So it was stated multiple times during Blizzcon's Q&As this year that Worgen and Goblins wouldn't be receiving any updates to their 7 year old models, with the answers being inconsistent between each one. From what I remember the same thing was said during Legion, meaning they've been working on them for 2 whole fucking years, and instead we got updated quillboar and yet another Draenei remake.

Either their art department is incredibly inefficient or they're just straight up lying to us.
    First things first, they require model updates entirely, not just textures.

The updates to quilboar and the draenei lightforged change, those are just textures, that's easy and not very time consuming.

Updates to the Gobilns and Worgen require updates to animations for facial expressions, run animations and such, just like every other race got with their model updates... Animation upgrades require updates to their skeletons and then the animations themselves need to be done, all of which take a long time to do.

I want Worgen updaes bad, mostly because the models were butchered from the start (alpha models never should have been scrapped, they were far better), but it's simply not a priority right now.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    My main is a worgen lock so i'm used to the "working on it but won't be ready" excuse

My main problem isn't the worgen look but how almost every items look awful on them ...
    Almost every helmet looks pitiful or ridiculous ...
    My worgen lock (male) wears the betrayer challenge mode set. Helmet looks fine