Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    NOpe, you are just ignorant and don't know why players like collecting things ... in a fucking video game.

    Still looking for a argument AGAINST linking rewards from classic to retail.

    If anything, it is going to empower and motivate players to play classic in the first place. I know I will be jumping on the chance to collect ALL the Naxx 40 sets for my retail characters. That is far more dedication and skill than just using a credit card.
    Watching the recent developments regarding 'What kind of Vanilla people want?' further makes me believe that connecting Vanilla and retail in any way will result in a disaster. People who would not touch Vanilla otherwise other than to get rewards on retail obviously prefer retail, otherwise they would play Vanilla for what it is without demanding any kind of rewards and would appreciate the fact that they can even play on a legitimate Vanilla server. This creates further problems that it is incredibly likely that the same people will find original Vanilla very intimidating compared to retail and would press for QoL or whatever changes they think are necessary to make the game 'playable' for them (e.g. they will want higher droprates and will most likely buy gold to get mounts etc). If Blizzard caters for them, the original Vanilla crowd who play the game because they genuinely like it would be alienated (and would further fracture the community of WoW) and the point of keeping a server that resembles Vanilla only marginally and attracts people who are just there to get rewards for something else would become redundant. Look at what happened in HoTS every time they did a cross-game promotion (hint: it was a fucking disaster hated by both sides, but obviously it boosted the number of players momentarily which in your eyes should be the only goal for Blizzard whereas I'm inclined to think that they may not have completely fallen into that pithole as of yet).

    Edit: your statement regarding collecting all T3 sets further proves how delusional you are regarding what Vanilla is/should be in your mind.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-11-15 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

  2. #162
    Pit Lord zEmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Yet... your the one trespassing on purist content... they are not coming into your game you are invading theirs...
    How is collecting stuff in vanilla impacting your gameplay? I am not going to keep repeating myself over and over again just ot point out how wrong you are. And besides, who says you and other purist have jusidiction on how Classic will be? I doubt it will be a exact replica of what vanilla was.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Watching the recent developments regarding 'What kind of Vanilla people want?' further makes me believe that connecting Vanilla and retail in any way will result in a disaster. People who would not touch Vanilla otherwise other than to get rewards on retail obviously prefer retail, otherwise they would play Vanilla for what it is without demanding any kind of rewards and would appreciate the fact that they can even play on a legitimate Vanilla server. This creates further problems that it is incredibly likely that the same people will find original Vanilla very intimidating compared to retail and would press for QoL or whatever changes they think are necessary to make the game 'playable' for them (e.g. they will want higher droprates and will most likely buy gold to get mounts etc). If Blizzard caters for them, the original Vanilla crowd who play the game because they genuinely like it would be alienated (and would further fracture the community of WoW) and the point of keeping a server that resembles Vanilla only marginally and attracts people who are just there to get rewards for something else would become redundant. Look at what happened in HoTS every time they did a cross-game promotion (hint: it was a fucking disaster hated by both sides, but obviously it boosted the number of players momentarily which in your eyes should be the only goal for Blizzard whereas I'm inclined to think that they may not have completely fallen into that pithole as of yet).

    Edit: your statement regarding collecting all T3 sets further proves how delusional you are regarding what Vanilla is/should be in your mind.
    That will not happen. Yes there might be some QoL changes in vanilla that the purist will not like such as bug and exploit fixes, but that won't be coming from the .0001% that are going to raid NAXX40 just for the xmog and /gquit once they get all 8 pieces.

    The only delusional person here is the people who want to dictate how others should play the game.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-11-15 at 04:38 PM.

  3. #163
    What is really edgy is collecting pixels. Go play outside.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    How is collecting stuff in vanilla impacting your gameplay? I am not going to keep repeating myself over and over again just ot point out how wrong you are. And besides, who says you and other purist have jusidiction on how Classic will be? I doubt it will be a exact replica of what vanilla was.

    That will not happen. Yes there might be some QoL changes in vanilla that the purist will not like such as bug and exploit fixes, but that won't be coming from the .0001% that are going to raid NAXX40 just for the xmog and /gquit once they get all 8 pieces.

    The only delusional person here is the people who want to dictate how others should play the game.
    You're literally contradicting yourself within the same post (bolded). The intended audience for Vanilla is clearly consisting of these people who played on private servers and are more than willing to move if Blizzard is opening their own servers (which they are), otherwise Blizzard would have completely dismissed the idea as it would be pointless to make a game that is just basically a proxy to the 'main game' and abandoned as soon as the players achieve whatever they wanted in their 'main game'. Also, you're the one who wants to dictate how a game should be played - you want to change what was Vanilla to cater your own petty interests without giving a shit about anything at large. And yes, people like you should be kept away from Vanilla - you're the textbook example of a toxic player who only cares about how to get something you want while not giving a shit about anyone else (prio on loot you don't even use in the game, instaquitting a guild and so on). The reason why so many want Vanilla is precisely so they can play a game that has less people like you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

  5. #165
    Pit Lord zEmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You're literally contradicting yourself within the same post (bolded). The intended audience for Vanilla is clearly consisting of these people who played on private servers and are more than willing to move if Blizzard is opening their own servers (which they are), otherwise Blizzard would have completely dismissed the idea as it would be pointless to make a game that is just basically a proxy to the 'main game' and abandoned as soon as the players achieve whatever they wanted in their 'main game'. Also, you're the one who wants to dictate how a game should be played - you want to change what was Vanilla to cater your own petty interests without giving a shit about anything at large. And yes, people like you should be kept away from Vanilla - you're the textbook example of a toxic player who only cares about how to get something you want while not giving a shit about anyone else (prio on loot you don't even use in the game, instaquitting a guild and so on). The reason why so many want Vanilla is precisely so they can play a game that has less people like you there.
    Awe the purists "because my opinion is different i must be a toxic troll" card. Take a look in the mirror.

    For the 12th time, how am I impacting your game play if one of my motivations are for old xmog gear and mounts? YOu really think that there will be tons of players working through ALL fucking tiers of vanilla just to get their frostfire helm and gquit the moment the get it? OKay there might be one or two players. But I would expect those kind of players forming their own guild for those interests. Yes, guild with common interest!

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Awe the purists "because my opinion is different i must be a toxic troll" card. Take a look in the mirror.

    For the 12th time, how am I impacting your game play if one of my motivations are for old xmog gear and mounts? YOu really think that there will be tons of players working through ALL fucking tiers of vanilla just to get their frostfire helm and gquit the moment the get it? OKay there might be one or two players. But I would expect those kind of players forming their own guild for those interests. Yes, guild with common interest!
    The presence of the likes of you will devalue the gaming experience for those who accidentally will come into contact with you (you will have to interact with people in Vanilla, if you didn't know). And I can bet that you won't be finding a guild that has likely minded people there, you'll be just ninjalooting yourself to whichever guild will accept you and then majorly fuck over every single person who plays Vanilla for the game itself and not for rewards in another game.

    In regarding of you trolling - you have been contradicting yourself in this thread so many times that I've lost my count ('shittons of people will gquit and I'll feed on your tears' vs 'only one or two players will gquit'; 'if you played vanilla and didn't get t3 you won't get it on classic' vs 'i played vanilla and don't have t3 and will intend to get it on every single character' and other shit like this). Do you even think before you open your mouth? Also, I take back that people like you should not touch Vanilla. Would be amazing if retail didn't have people like you either.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-11-15 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

  7. #167
    Pit Lord zEmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    In regarding of you trolling - you have been contradicting yourself in this thread so many times that I've lost my count ('shittons of people will gquit and I'll feed on your tears' vs 'only one or two players will gquit'; 'if you played vanilla and didn't get t3 you won't get it on retail' vs 'i played vanilla and don't have t3 and will intend to get it on every single character' and other shit like this). Do you even think before you open your mouth? Also, I take back that people like you are good riddance from Vanilla. Would be amazing if retail didn't have people like you either.
    I do not know what you are rambling about. BUt you are sounding like a cry baby now. It isn't any of your business what another players motivation for playing classic is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    The presence of the likes of you will devalue the gaming experience for those who accidentally will come into contact with you (you will have to interact with people in Vanilla, if you didn't know). And I can bet that you won't be finding a guild that has likely minded people there, you'll be just ninjalooting yourself to whichever guild will accept you and then majorly fuck over every single person who plays Vanilla for the game itself and not for rewards in another game.
    It isn't for YOU to decide how players play the game. Are you a fascists in real life? Telling people how to play the game = you are a control freak.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I do not know what you are rambling about. BUt you are sounding like a cry baby now. It isn't any of your business what another players motivation for playing classic is.

    It isn't for YOU to decide how players play the game. Are you a fascists in real life? Telling people how to play the game = you are a control freak.
    Ok, I'm done. You literally have the mental capacity of a 3-year-old. I might come back in a few years to see if you're still crying about how Blizzard should implement cross-achievements/mog. Just quit this game now and make it a better place for everyone else.

    PS: Blizzard removed ML as a default option precisely because players like you exist. Don't think they want to cater to the likes of you
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

  9. #169
    Can we please discuss instead of arguing? @Mlz, where is this idea that collectors are ninja looters coming from? Is there even any rhyme and reason to it? I was accused myself earlier, and it left me baffled. I thought the core strength of the Vanilla lovers was supposed to be their sense of community, so what's with all this narcissism driven intolerance and hate? The Vanilla players I remember would have been helpful and kind to collectors, and would have tried to form a connection in spite of their different interests in the game. They would not have foamed at the mouth because other people want to get some cool-looking stuff. If you don't know how to foster a sense of community yourselves, it doesn't matter how accurate Blizzard's rendition of Classic will be, the place will stink of floppy e-peens and rage sweat anyway.

    As it happens, I agree that Classic servers shouldn't have a transmog interface (or LFG, or LFR, or flying, or any stuff like that - even though I LOVE those features in Standard). I respect the integrity of a historical Classic server, archaic as it was but perfectly functional, and I respect your preference to play on it. Are you capable of doing the same, and respect the fact that, after years and years of playing, some of us have come to prefer casual collecting over any other aspects of the game?

    Regardless of how this is achieved (I am leaning more and more towards reintroduction in Standard, to keep the two versions separate), I believe this is a fair and opportune moment for collectors to ask for some retired items and mounts to be brought back. If it's fine for Classic servers to be revived, it's fine to lift the veil of exclusivity from Tier 3... Can we agree on that? Give us your support, and you may earn ours. That's how "community" is supposed to work.

    Because if you imagine the problem comes from people like me asking for this stuff early, you are wrong. People who play Classic will start asking for it themselves as soon as they start earning any exclusive items that are worth a damn. Better to figure a solution from the start. You may even get a Classic timewalking out of it while you wait for the official servers to be released (unless you find that offensive or something...).

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Can we please discuss instead of arguing? @Mlz, where is this idea that collectors are ninja looters coming from? Is there even any rhyme and reason to it? I was accused myself earlier, and it left me baffled. I thought the core strength of the Vanilla lovers was supposed to be their sense of community, so what's with all this narcissism driven intolerance and hate? The Vanilla players I remember would have been helpful and kind to collectors, and would have tried to form a connection in spite of their different interests in the game. They would not have foamed at the mouth because other people want to get some cool-looking stuff. If you don't know how to foster a sense of community yourselves, it doesn't matter how accurate Blizzard's rendition of Classic will be, the place will stink of floppy e-peens and rage sweat anyway.

    As it happens, I agree that Classic servers shouldn't have a transmog interface (or LFG, or LFR, or flying, or any stuff like that - even though I LOVE those features in Standard). I respect the integrity of a historical Classic server, archaic as it was but perfectly functional, and I respect your preference to play on it. Are you capable of doing the same, and respect the fact that, after years and years of playing, some of us have come to prefer casual collecting over any other aspects of the game?

    Regardless of how this is achieved (I am leaning more and more towards reintroduction in Standard, to keep the two versions separate), I believe this is a fair and opportune moment for collectors to ask for some retired items and mounts to be brought back. If it's fine for Classic servers to be revived, it's fine to lift the veil of exclusivity from Tier 3... Can we agree on that? Give us your support, and you may earn ours. That's how "community" is supposed to work.

    Because if you imagine the problem comes from people like me asking for this stuff early, you are wrong. People who play Classic will start asking for it themselves as soon as they start earning any exclusive items that are worth a damn. Better to figure a solution from the start. You may even get a Classic timewalking out of it while you wait for the official servers to be released (unless you find that offensive or something...).

    You guys are the worse. Whats in the past is in the past. Why do you need to have it? Collection? Incentive to play classic? I mean come on dude the only reason they are doing classic is because of years of QQ from players and the fact that they couldn't avoid how well private servers were doing(look up Nostalrius stuff). AND PLEASE stop with the "it doesn't affect your gameplay so why do you care" stuff. As someone who does have a few legacy/FoS achievements("the Undying" title, ZG raptor mount from classic, WoD CM mount and weapons) it does feel nice to have those because they are unique and I did what I had to do to get them. But in your case you will ruin my gameplay of having them because you didn't work/missed them(and possibly want an easy way to get them too) but now want them because those of us that have it are using them and you are getting triggered that you don't have them. Just give it a rest because I can tell you it won't happen(I don't even have to be a fortune teller to tell you that).

    PS: If you don't believe me that I have those here my main https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...n-tor/demented

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodtanker View Post
    You guys are the worse. Whats in the past is in the past. Why do you need to have it? Collection? Incentive to play classic? I mean come on dude the only reason they are doing classic is because of years of QQ from players and the fact that they couldn't avoid how well private servers were doing(look up Nostalrius stuff). AND PLEASE stop with the "it doesn't affect your gameplay so why do you care" stuff. As someone who does have a few legacy/FoS achievements("the Undying" title, ZG raptor mount from classic, WoD CM mount and weapons) it does feel nice to have those because they are unique and I did what I had to do to get them. But in your case you will ruin my gameplay of having them because you didn't work/missed them(and possibly want an easy way to get them too) but now want them because those of us that have it are using them and you are getting triggered that you don't have them. Just give it a rest because I can tell you it won't happen(I don't even have to be a fortune teller to tell you that).

    PS: If you don't believe me that I have those here my main https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...n-tor/demented
    Why wouldn't I believe you? I have plenty of retired stuff to. Three MoP CM sets, WoD CM stuff, AotC mounts, as well as an assortment of other toys, mounts, pets and items I got because I was playing at the right time. I also have some things that were temporarily unavailable but were later added into the game or streamlined to be easier to farm (a lot of stuff from MoP: honor and LFR gear, the toys from 5.3, etc. - I have to admit it would have been funny to see Panda and LFR haters forever locked away from some of the most beautiful sets in game, but I'm not that heartless).

    I got all the things I got because I liked them and I wanted them. I don't feel they make me special in any way, they're just pixels, their rarity is completely artificial. And I don't feel like showing unobtainable stuff gets me closer to other players, on the contrary, by using something simply because I enjoy it, I risk making someone feel disappointed and sad. And even if I wanted to strut around, at this point I can barely show off all the unobtainable stuff I have at the same time... After Legion it will be almost impossible, unless you can dual-wield your Artifact Challenge and WoD CM weapon. )

    I was never in favor of content removal, under any circumstance, and I am perfectly aware that Blizzard can add anything back at any time, as they have no obligation to keep my things unique. Indeed, there are already a lot of things that used to be really hard (or at least challenging) to get and at some point turned super easy due to a simple design choice: Vanilla PvP mounts, Defilers rep for the tabard, Ashen Mushan, Halaa mounts, every Glory meta out there, Heavily Crimson in particular after requirement nerfs, raid drop mounts, the Riding Turtle from Garrison fishing, Poseidus after latest patch, the list goes on. Plus the things that were added back, like I mentioned before.

    And it is a GOOD thing that this happens. It cycles the content down the scale of skill and participation, so more of Blizzard's paying customers can choose to enjoy it. There is always new content that is difficult and rewarding for those who choose to keep their game up. YOU are the worst because you want to latch on that set or mount and suck prestige off of it for all eternity... even if it's something as trivial as a mount that could be solo farmed (or two-manned with a friend, at worst).

  12. #172
    Pit Lord zEmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodtanker View Post
    You guys are the worse. Whats in the past is in the past. Why do you need to have it? Collection? Incentive to play classic? I mean come on dude the only reason they are doing classic is because of years of QQ from players and the fact that they couldn't avoid how well private servers were doing(look up Nostalrius stuff). AND PLEASE stop with the "it doesn't affect your gameplay so why do you care" stuff. As someone who does have a few legacy/FoS achievements("the Undying" title, ZG raptor mount from classic, WoD CM mount and weapons) it does feel nice to have those because they are unique and I did what I had to do to get them. But in your case you will ruin my gameplay of having them because you didn't work/missed them(and possibly want an easy way to get them too) but now want them because those of us that have it are using them and you are getting triggered that you don't have them. Just give it a rest because I can tell you it won't happen(I don't even have to be a fortune teller to tell you that).

    PS: If you don't believe me that I have those here my main https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...n-tor/demented
    Wrong. You calling us "worse" when in fact you are being the big bully that will cry if some one else gets your precious items. This is pure narcissism, nothing else.

    Guess what, ZG was farmable and soleable well into WotLK and you could get NAXX gear in BC with just a handful of raiders. It wasn't hard it just required luck so there really isn't any achievement or prestige about it in the first place.

    If you think that is ruining your gameplay, then that would be some type of personal problem.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I played HotS to get a mount. Pretty sure those are entire different games/servers as well
    Pretty much, also did for HS and vice versa to add a hero to HS.

    There will be cross over from classic retail in one way or another and honestly it makes sense really, if someone's committed enough to play and collect all the shit they wanted in vanilla and didn't get it, they're going to be there for a loooong as fuck time with the amount of loot drops going around to do so.
    Not like they'll just pop over join a group and ninja Corrupted Ashbringer all in a days work, they'll be a lot of dedication to the server and their guild.

  14. #174
    I'll play classic if there are carryover cosmetic rewards, otherwise likely not. Not that I want this to happen mind you. Once through was enough for me. Collecting Atiesh would be like a dream for me, as well as Corrupted Ashbringer and the Scarab Lord stuff, but it's not enough to make me want to spend an equal or greater amount of time playing classic as I do live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm
    God damn these electric sex pants.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Can we please discuss instead of arguing? @Mlz, where is this idea that collectors are ninja looters coming from? Is there even any rhyme and reason to it? I was accused myself earlier, and it left me baffled. I thought the core strength of the Vanilla lovers was supposed to be their sense of community, so what's with all this narcissism driven intolerance and hate? The Vanilla players I remember would have been helpful and kind to collectors, and would have tried to form a connection in spite of their different interests in the game. They would not have foamed at the mouth because other people want to get some cool-looking stuff. If you don't know how to foster a sense of community yourselves, it doesn't matter how accurate Blizzard's rendition of Classic will be, the place will stink of floppy e-peens and rage sweat anyway.

    As it happens, I agree that Classic servers shouldn't have a transmog interface (or LFG, or LFR, or flying, or any stuff like that - even though I LOVE those features in Standard). I respect the integrity of a historical Classic server, archaic as it was but perfectly functional, and I respect your preference to play on it. Are you capable of doing the same, and respect the fact that, after years and years of playing, some of us have come to prefer casual collecting over any other aspects of the game?

    Regardless of how this is achieved (I am leaning more and more towards reintroduction in Standard, to keep the two versions separate), I believe this is a fair and opportune moment for collectors to ask for some retired items and mounts to be brought back. If it's fine for Classic servers to be revived, it's fine to lift the veil of exclusivity from Tier 3... Can we agree on that? Give us your support, and you may earn ours. That's how "community" is supposed to work.

    Because if you imagine the problem comes from people like me asking for this stuff early, you are wrong. People who play Classic will start asking for it themselves as soon as they start earning any exclusive items that are worth a damn. Better to figure a solution from the start. You may even get a Classic timewalking out of it while you wait for the official servers to be released (unless you find that offensive or something...).
    That in itself will change the experience... what would normally be a worthless item and vender trash will sell for huge amounts on the auction house if its only obtainable on a classic server.

    I can understand the desire to finish collections but even if you keep to yourself you will warp the market by existing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If you are going to base all your prejudices on statistics, then you may have a rough time in life.

  16. #176
    Pit Lord zEmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    That in itself will change the experience... what would normally be a worthless item and vender trash will sell for huge amounts on the auction house if its only obtainable on a classic server.

    I can understand the desire to finish collections but even if you keep to yourself you will warp the market by existing...
    Hardly. 99% of the most prized items BoP.

    Can you tell me which ones you are referring too?

  17. #177
    Classic WoW will be a different game in the Blizzard App, like Starcraft, or Starcraft 2, or Hearthstone.

    There will be no connection between World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft: Classic except that a subscription for WoW will be required to play Classic.

  18. #178
    Brewmaster Mhyroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,270
    Those who will go for those Appearances won't just hop in, get loot and leave. With how leveling, gearing and progression worked in Vanilla there is no way they'll just go there casually to get those rewards in the first place.
    Those who want those prestige items for the current game will put in the same effort as anyone else to get them, thus not (as someone here said): join a Guild and ninjaloot everything for retail.
    Mhyroth#21201 for all you Appearance and Transmog addicts ^^

  19. #179
    I think we can be pretty sure that you will NOT be able to collect mogs and mounts in Classic and add them to your account.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    Classic WoW will be a different game in the Blizzard App, like Starcraft, or Starcraft 2, or Hearthstone.

    There will be no connection between World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft: Classic except that a subscription for WoW will be required to play Classic.
    It has actually been said that it will be a server/realm option. Still doesn't change the fact that these servers will most probably have a completely separate ecosystem

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Hardly. 99% of the most prized items BoP.

    Can you tell me which ones you are referring too?
    Anything that is currently unobtainable I imagine some to different degrees but most notably naxx frost resist gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If you are going to base all your prejudices on statistics, then you may have a rough time in life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •