Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Why do Americans think they are powerful in 2017?

I guess I will get hate from Americans here, but from facts and figures from 2017 America is in a bad place.

Economy is bad, China will be the best economic power in decades to come
    Military wise, third world countries have more men power that could serve in a war.
    Politics are unstable. Sure, every country has unstable politics, but in America LAND OF THE FREE?
    Racial tensions are up high. Not surprise there, but an educated country would not different, no?

I am trying to stay away from 'oh he is just bashing US".

But please stop saying its still a powerful country.

Deleted
    Superiority Complex

American exceptionalism and the need to police the world. Just read a Skroe post for a good example.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Skroe we need you

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Who needs manpower when you have drones and the most advanced military technology in the world? Quality trumps quantity, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    American here..........because 80% of Americans are stupid, 34% of those stupid people think Trump is good, our education system is horrible, infrastructure got a grade of D- and we start over 3/4 of the wars we are in..........but hey at least we got bombs right?!?!?! Honestly if it didn't cost so much and wasn't so difficult I would leave this place.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

The US still exerts its influence in a massive way that no other country in the world can do at the moment. While that could change over the course of several decades in the year 2017 America still has more power and influence that most other countries do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheorynPhilispohy View Post
    Military wise, third world countries have more men power that could serve in a war.
    About as useful as a chocolate teapot, as the US can destroy them without having to even send troops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    the things you listed most countries suffer from in some way, shape, or form.

But none of those cucks have the military prowess that the US has. No country on Earth can stand toe-to-toe with the US, THAT'S why we think we are powerful in 2017.
    Yay military woooooooo, guess the obesity issue, poor healthcare, moron as president, poor economy, poor education system, poor infrastructure, increase in poverty, increase in crime, increase in racism and violence all take a backseat to being able to blow up all those countries who hate us because we start shit with them right? That's like saying the school bully who lives off welfare in a beat up shack is the most powerful, yeah right up until someone knocks him off his high horse which is happening to America now.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Seems like someone is trying to overestimated things that aren't actually as big of a deal as they think they are. If I were to guess, the OP is being blinded by his bias at what he wants to think true.

Uuuuuuh sorry but claiming 3rd world countries have a better military than ours is... I don’t need an ounce of patriotism in me to laugh my ass off at that notion. Nothing happening right now is as bad as it could and has been in the hundreds of years the US has been around. Like, I’m suuure you’re oh so awesome education system taught you about America in the 1860’s?

Why do you think Americans think they are powerful? Do you think Americans are all one hive mind of a community puppeted by Trump?

Deleted
    Doesnt suprise me that morons here on mmo-champ think they are right when they totally clueless, who is stronger than america right now then?? how is economy shit? why is man power so important when you have technology involved?? PROVIDE FACTS NOT TALK OUT YOUR ASS

So instead of making a post and talking shit, do some research or just fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our military has more, better equipment and our soldiers are (arguably) better trained than the rest of the world. And that's taking into consideration that several countries (both Russia and China, for example) either still are or have in the past used retired US ships they bought from us to bolster their military.

If all you're going by is manpower, sure, we're not that high. Because we prefer to sacrifice drones and equipment rather than our own people whenever we can. It's also why we would never even think about a ground war with China until we had thoroughly carpet bombed their entire population into oblivion. While the president is technically in charge of the military, our military doesn't need him at all to actually function. I'm pretty sure if it came down to a win or lose situation, in which the president was taking us down a losing path, the real people in charge of the military would step up and put a stop to that. We can only abide a child playing with his toys to a point.

Being ex-military myself, I have a rather good idea of what we're capable of. Just because we don't currently LOOK threatening doesn't mean we can't defend ourselves if needed. We might be playing World Police, but you better believe we could get asses in seats and boots on the ground anywhere in the world in a matter of hours. That's what makes us so good at World Policing, our extreme mobility.

So to the OP, I say Troll harder please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

i would respectfully remind you that China's economy is approx 1/6TH of that of the USA . Our current GDP growth is at 3% and steadily increasing. Our military might is unmatched in the entirety of human history...no nation even comes remotely close.
    This is not hubris or bragging but simply objective reality. However like people nations are both great and deeply flawed simultaneously. I love my country and i firmly believe we can accomplish much more in the future but i'm under no illusions we are perfect.

Sorry, it's still by far the most powerful country on the planet.

Now, let's look at the OP's other threads:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...f-joining-ISIS

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-blizzcon-kek

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...h-in-this-case

The mods really do need to do something about this.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-11-05 at 06:56 PM.

People are indoctrinated to believe in the american dream to keep working three jobs and seeing their kids on the weekend only, instead of revolting against their shitty oligarchy. Maybe a wasteful military is needed to combat inferiority complex.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    USA is the dominating country and i am not even american.

- They still have the biggest economy;
    - They still have the most powerful military;
    - They still have the most influential cultural industry;
    - Their politics matter to the world much more than the politics of any other country;
    - May have their problems, like any other country, but still is a first world country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    USA is the dominating country and i am not even american.

- They still have the biggest economy;
    - They still have the most powerful military;
    - They still have the most influent cultural industry;
    - Their politics matter to the world much more than the politics of any other country;
    - May have their problems, like any other country, but still is a first world country.
    Ignore these cunts m8, bunch of clueless mmo-champ people who based their facts on emotion. Most of these people come from shit countries like finland, denmark, sweden etc.

They just jealous.