Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Deaths Advance spotted during blizzcon

Well it only took them 1 expansion to even try to make dk's fit the whole slow steady juggernaught but here is a first glimpse

"Death's Advance: For 10 sec, you cannot be slowed below 100% of normal speed, you resist forced movement effects by 80%, and you are immune to external knockbacks. Passive: You cannot be slowed below 70% of normal speed. 30 second cooldown"

Yes it will get neutered before it even hits retail but at least its there i guess,that also probably means that the knockback immunity from pof will get stripped

source:http://www.wowhead.com/news=275396/b...the-demo-floor

Deleted
    I read nothing about increase movement speed tho. Wraith Walk is probably staying for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pillars already stops knock backs. Now we can also slow it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    These are bad changes if you only pve.

Across the board it looks like these changes are an increase in the effectiveness of magic damage vs players. AMS, Feint nerfed, almost all tank abilities getting changed from "damage reduction" to "increased armor". Bone shield is a big culprit - 16% dr is becoming 10% increased armor. Not even remotely equivalent in the Legion world, and I suspect a general nerf to tank survivability for BFA PvE.

New Death's Advance is basically useless in PvE outside of a few niche cases (KJ comes to mind), and has no +movespeed, the part that most people actually wanted. Not a fan of these changes for any class outside of Rogue, because Feint op.

they better make it so clothies dont survive long in melee encounters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venizelos View Post
    Well it only took them 1 expansion to even try to make dk's fit the whole slow steady juggernaught but here is a first glimpse

"Death's Advance: For 10 sec, you cannot be slowed below 100% of normal speed, you resist forced movement effects by 80%, and you are immune to external knockbacks. Passive: You cannot be slowed below 70% of normal speed. 30 second cooldown"

Yes it will get neutered before it even hits retail but at least its there i guess,that also probably means that the knockback immunity from pof will get stripped

source:http://www.wowhead.com/news=275396/b...the-demo-floor
    When a lady during Q&A asked for more classes to have knockback protection with spells, they said it was something which fit the DK class fantasy and would want to keep it exclusively to DKs. So i'm fairly sure they will keep it in.

Just a PvP thing, of no interest whatsoever to PvE players and would not get me to return to the DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Pillars already stops knock backs. Now we can also slow it ?
    They can prune pillars now ;(

I dunno why people are saying these are only PVP. There are plenty of PVE scenarios where resisting forced movement and minimizing slows will be useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    I dunno why people are saying these are only PVP. There are plenty of PVE scenarios where resisting forced movement and minimizing slows will be useful.
    Because there's usually so many of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    8% ams? it will break so fast with 8%
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

lol DA w/ an active that only prevents you from being slowed below 100%.....that's not DA....if they dont redesign frost and address DK mobility it's time to move on from this class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    They can prune pillars now ;(
    Sadly, I wouldn't put it past them.....Well we're giving buffs back and dont want classes to rely on big cooldowns for their damage...prunes PoF but leaves big cooldowns for every other class lolol

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We still have wraith walk. You just have DA as well, at least I did as blood in the demos.

I'd assume PoF is staying for frost, and you might potentially have both DA and PoF.

It's not like knock backs and snares are all over the place in PvE, but it's a welcome change regardless. Obviously you can get around it once you learn the fight, but on Mythic KJ DKs don't have outs if they find themselves in terrible position. Meanwhile other classes can haphazardly ignore the knockbacks for the most part, and if they are positioned poorly they have an out. DA fixes this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    lol DA w/ an active that only prevents you from being slowed below 100%.....that's not DA....if they dont redesign frost and address DK mobility it's time to move on from this class.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly, I wouldn't put it past them.....Well we're giving buffs back and dont want classes to rely on big cooldowns for their damage...prunes PoF but leaves big cooldowns for every other class lolol
    I can sort of understand them not liking big burst. It's just I'm enjoying it at the moment

Er...wait sorry I mean buff unholy

This happens every single time anyone says a skill is PvP. Some boy genius comes in and "but actually, it can be rarely useful in PvE". It's just people arguing on the internet; everybody understands that sure, there are some PvE knockbacks but they aren't a big deal unlike in PvP when a shaman tosses you off a ledge to your death.

I don't care about knockbacks in PvE. At all. I care about runspeed, a lot.

with this we can cheese mechanics like lei shen knockback (first wich i remember) without trying to hit charge button like warriors... i am sold (even if i hate WW disarm and silence, it's still but for me) we have MS ability and antiknockback. i am okay. not pls more abilities for the sake of them being new (10 more levels man! i just want some new cool abilities! or talents!), few more animations (because there will be ton of blood magic on horde side and death magic on aliance so... BRING IT ON!!! pls) and i will be happy.

Okay - and don't us as tanks more than others, so i can be on the same spot with others.

Deleted
    I'd like my AMZ back plz. But tbh maybe (wannabe-)DA it's godlike with how encounters are designed in BfA maybe not. We can't really say anything about it atm really.

Boss encounters haven't really changed in over a decade of expansions. There's no reason to think abilities traditionally only truly useful in PvP will be awesome in PvE in the next expansion.

We know what's great on bosses. Single-target damage, AE damage, movement, and survivability. Pretty much in that order.

Sometimes you get a boss that can be interrupted, or adds that have to be snared and kited, or damage soaked with an immunity, etc, but those are always one-offs.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-11-07 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol was about to say if they remove WW I think I would just instantly reroll at this point
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.