Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just find these kind of quotes ten a penny on facebook and inapplicable in the majority of cases because in reality relationships between actual people cannot be universally summarised by pithy soundbites. Open and honest communication between two people will always help you find the best way to go in a relationship, yeah it may not be profound or concise but it's true more often than not.

This is the form of unconditional love. It's like saying I Love You to the person without If's, But's, and How's. I recently read that if you love someone let it go and you need to establish your own self rather that be dependent on your partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Prinky Doodsie View Post
    How true is the quote, "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they’re yours; if they don’t, they never were."?
    I should dumb my wife to see if she will come crawling back? I don't think that's a good idea.

Love is exciting and new. Also, Love is a stranger. Love is a battlefield and a many splendored thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Love is exciting and new. Also, Love is a stranger. Love is a battlefield and a many splendored thing.
    What is love?

15+ Year Old Account
    Baby don't...
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    What does it even mean, set them free? We're all free to do whatever we want already, and no amount of 'permission' or lack thereof from our partner can change that. It's just bullshit to give us the illusion that we have any kind of say over the course of our love life.
    There are a lot marriages and relationships which one person dominates the other. Setting them free, is to not try to control them. Not saying they should be free to cheat on you. But if the wife wants to paint a room purple for example, you let her. You can tell her you think it is ugly, but do not harp on her about it. Everyone needs to have some independence to be who they are, within reason of course.

Deleted
    Love isn't the same as infatuation. Love is something adults do, you work on it, you commit, you choose to love. Most people these days think butterflies in the stomach from infatuation = love, these people move on to the next person when the excitement is gone. Love is about replacing that excitement with trust, respect and a deep care for another.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Love isn't the same as infatuation. Love is something adults do, you work on it, you commit, you choose to love. Most people these days think butterflies in the stomach from infatuation = love, these people move on to the next person when the excitement is gone. Love is about replacing that excitement with trust, respect and a deep care for another.
    Well said. Too many people confuse love and lust. There is a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well said. Too many people confuse love and lust. There is a huge difference.
    Yup, lust tends to be more selfish, love is about putting someone before yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    I just remembered the song Love is a battlefield. LOL

We are young
    Heartache to heartache we stand
    No promises
    No demands
    Love is a battlefield

How true is the quote, "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they’re yours; if they don’t, they never were."?
    It's supposed to be used in the context of 'taking some space in a relationship'. Instead of forcing a relationship, you both give yourself some space from one another and see if you'll "come back" or if there's nothing truly there. Kind of a specific usage, which is what confuses people.

Don't ever let them go.

It changes nothing, it was a lie and a sham invented to help lying pieces of shit get away from those they abused used and raped, and love isn't real outside of your own awareness so you'll only regret the few moments you tried to follow such shitty garbage advice in an effort to try and convey more love to the target of your affections.

DONT LET GO. NEVER.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    It's supposed to be used in the context of 'taking some space in a relationship'. Instead of forcing a relationship, you both give yourself some space from one another and see if you'll "come back" or if there's nothing truly there. Kind of a specific usage, which is what confuses people.
    considering love is a lie and you can make it happen by stockholm force, whether or not there is something truly there is irrelevant to the fact you can force something to be truly there.

That's why the quote is a lie to let the dirty cheating shitbag philanderer escape a love they would have ultimately agreed to had it abused them long enough, and nothing more. It's worthless advice to anyone who knows the truth, and it's a crime to tell anyone who isn't smart enough to understand this yet that it's valuable so you can abuse them by prompting them to let go through it's evocation.
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2017-11-09 at 07:10 AM.

Its a dumb expression that you can translate 10000 different ways. Don't live your life based on mantras.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    considering love is a lie and you can make it happen by stockholm force, whether or not there is something truly there is irrelevant to the fact you can force something to be truly there.

That's why the quote is a lie to let the dirty cheating shitbag philanderer escape a love they would have ultimately agreed to had it abused them long enough, and nothing more. It's worthless advice to anyone who knows the truth, and it's a crime to tell anyone who isn't smart enough to understand this yet that it's valuable so you can abuse them by prompting them to let go through it's evocation.
    Okay thanks for this excellent post.

You have to do it, you will never know if they really love you if you don't.