Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Meh, companies need to make money, yada yada... etc. etc.
    Hearthstone and WoW both say hi , They already make tons of money out of each game ... I don't see why they should act greedy for a few more money
    2Pac Forever !

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    Hearthstone and WoW both say hi , They already make tons of money out of each game ... I don't see why they should act greedy for a few more money
    "Hey guys, our A and B product is making money, so lets just make product C entirely free as a gift to the world!"

    Companies don't do that, they are aimed at making money, especially when they are stock-based. Nobody would hire people to work on a product year-around with no profits from that investment. You might as well pay people to do nothing at that point.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Nobody would hire people to work on a product year-around with no profits from that investment. You might as well pay people to do nothing at that point.
    They already DO get profit from people buying stimpacks or even loot chests (let's say it totally : for purchasing gems) , So yah this game isn't as free as you are making it out to be

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    "Hey guys, our A and B product is making money, so lets just make product C entirely free as a gift to the world!"

    Companies don't do that, they are aimed at making money, especially when they are stock-based.
    Companies like their game to lose a few people from their playerbase ? sounds like a good tactics to let the game die faster , This is a greed move
    2Pac Forever !

  4. #24
    I still don't get why they don't just make all skins available in boxes/with shards, and all skins available for purchase with gems. Casual players and players who don't like spending money on the game will be happy cause they might get something cool in the lootboxes, while the people who really want a certain skin or whatever will throw down the money straight up on the skin or w/e.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I still don't get why they don't just make all skins available in boxes/with shards, and all skins available for purchase with gems. Casual players and players who don't like spending money on the game will be happy cause they might get something cool in the lootboxes, while the people who really want a certain skin or whatever will throw down the money straight up on the skin or w/e.
    I think the point of making people forge with shards instead of being able to buy with gems is that it forces people to buy loot boxes hoping to either get the item they want or shards. They can make more money from people buying a lot of loot boxes trying to build up shards.

    I haven't bought a release bundle since at least 2.0 for the reason that they always include skins I don't want and leave out ones I do. It would be nice if you could buy the hero with a bundle of 3 or so skins that you choose out of however many they have when released.

  6. #26
    Herald of the Titans Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,572
    Anddddd after this change (and framing it like it's a good thing for consumers) I'm never spending any IRL money on this game ever again. But I'm sure they'll scrape additional money from the whales, so that's all that matters.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  7. #27
    Lol, they finally realized giving everything free was a bad business decision. Bit fucking late to back track now. I spent like $300-400 since beta before 2.0, not a penny after 2.0. I'm not gonna reward them for pay-walling all the good looking skins and dumping the leftover trash into loot boxes.

    Fuck them, they had a decent business model (mostly because of sales), but got greedy because of loot box success in Overwatch. This is gonna blow up in their face too.

    Easy fucking fix if they want more money; have good sales again. I don't think I've seen a sale above 20% since the new system. They can also have sales on gems, or on loot boxes, or on specific bundles. So many more options then before. I'd probably drop $50 bucks on the highest gem package if it was 50% off, or buy loot boxes if they cost 50% less gems for a week.

  8. #28
    I think blizz will do it anyway, no more active topics on reddit about it...
    Whatever...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •