Page 1 of 3
LastLast

T21 set bonus rankings

Hey guys,

does a ranking of all T21 set bonuses already exists?
    Thanks.

Deleted
    My very rough impression of the tank sets is:

Awesome - Prot Warrior (for raiding)
    Good - Veng (higher for dungeons), Blood
    Nothing Special - Prot Paladin, Guardian
    Wildcard - Brewmaster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SignalBlitzkrieg View Post

Wildcard - Brewmaster
    pretty much how they looks like now except Guardian one is complete trash... Prot pala one is actually usefull

Pointless to do any sims.

Most tier bonuses are total shit still and Blizzard is going to buff them during Heroic week.

There are many specs who are going to be keeping their T20 set bonuses until forever, or when they can get full T21 Mythic tier(at that point ilvl starts weighing out the old tier).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Most tier bonuses are total shit still and Blizzard is going to buff them during Heroic week.

There are many specs who are going to be keeping their T20 set bonuses until forever, or when they can get full T21 Mythic tier(at that point ilvl starts weighing out the old tier).
    I think you mean you hope they buff them during heroic week.

Wildcard - Brewmaster
    The brewmaster is the most broken of them all if tanking a single target raid boss. You will literally not take a melee hit. I'd be surprised if it's not nerfed if not before release, definitely before mythic unlocks. Not a play style anyone wants to do either hitting BoF on almost every global and doing shit dps, but it could probably cheese the fuck out of most bosses.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-07 at 12:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The brewmaster is the most broken of them all if tanking a single target raid boss. You will literally not take a melee hit. I'd be surprised if it's not nerfed if not before release, definitely before mythic unlocks. Not a play style anyone wants to do either hitting BoF on almost every global and doing shit dps, but it could probably cheese the fuck out of most bosses.
    That's what I meant with wildcard; it's highly sensitive to circumstances and has unusual implications. I don't know what the attack speed, dodgeable attacks and mechanics relevant to it of Antorus bosses are.

The Veng set is similar in that it's value is highly dependant on incoming rate of parriable attacks but it's a little more grounded.

no one have spreedshit fot t21?

Wildcard - Brewmaster
    If you're clueless on tier sets you should refrain from posting because the Prot Pally and Brewmaster ones are 2 of the most broken sets of the tier. Prot Pallies are probably going to be one of the best tanks in Antorus because of 20%(unaffected by DR) outside of their huge damage reduction AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    These sims are terrible. For example Demon Hunters will not use Golganneth's over Aman'thul until you upgrade Golganneth to ~970il. Same class example, you will never use a second trinket from Antorus(currently) because Infernal Cinders is way better than any of the other trinkets in the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    If you're clueless on tier sets you should refrain from posting because the Prot Pally and Brewmaster ones are 2 of the most broken sets of the tier. Prot Pallies are probably going to be one of the best tanks in Antorus because of 20%(unaffected by DR) outside of their huge damage reduction AM.
    Prot Pallies can be good if the encounters call for their style of AM but certainly not because of the tier set.

Brewmaster has the potential be broken depending on encounter but is the most sensitive to circumstances.

Might want to tune down the unwarranted hostility as your explanation of the Prot Paladin set is gibberish and you did not seem to understand what I meant with wildcard.

Prot Pallies can be good if the encounters call for their style of AM but certainly not because of the tier set.

Brewmaster has the potential be broken depending on encounter but is the most sensitive to circumstances.

Might want to tune down the unwarranted hostility as your explanation of the Prot Paladin set is gibberish and you did not seem to understand what I meant with wildcard.
    "gibberish" as the tier set literally brings them into viability and actually makes them the strongest tank. ok lmao.

"gibberish" as the tier set literally brings them into viability and actually makes them the strongest tank. ok lmao.
    20% chance to block, that means a 20% increased chance to mitigate 40% damage, which turns into 8% DR on avergae and a 4% DR during your AM.
    Paladins still have the big problem that if you're getting melee'd outside of your AM and you aren't blocking it either, you will be losing over 50% of your hp. The setbonus merely increases your rng chances.

And btw even taking a blocked hit is probably more dmg income than you see on guardian/brewmaster. If there's any magic heavy might it might be nice to block these with like 70%/60% block chance, but then again I don't trust blizzard to design abilities to actually be blockable since they fucked that up in the past and there's 3fights where this would be relevant, one of which is just the 2nd boss.

I could see pally usage for bosses like varimathras as all you do there is use a cd every x seconds and spellbop aswell could save others on that fight.
    Purely for P2 on Argus you could run double pally and have the soulbomb AND both soulbursts stack on the avatar tank and immune it. Looking at the dungeon journal's dmg for mythic it'll be hard to survive 172million Magic dmg otherwise, but then again I can see a different strat involving warlock gates since the soulbomb only lasts 12seconds rather than 15 on mythic, that would only result in 86M dmg, which is doable with double hp.
    Thats just speculation based on a poorly updated dungeon journal though, simply because of spellbop pallys can always have their chance of being important and they are the best tank at taking bursts of damage no matter if physical or magic. While all tanks can solo soak maiden smashes, pallys have the easiest job on that by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    20% chance to block, that means a 20% increased chance to mitigate 40% damage, which turns into 8% DR on avergae and a 4% DR during your AM.
    Paladins still have the big problem that if you're getting melee'd outside of your AM and you aren't blocking it either, you will be losing over 50% of your hp. The setbonus merely increases your rng chances.

And btw even taking a blocked hit is probably more dmg income than you see on guardian/brewmaster. If there's any magic heavy might it might be nice to block these with like 70%/60% block chance, but then again I don't trust blizzard to design abilities to actually be blockable since they fucked that up in the past and there's 3fights where this would be relevant, one of which is just the 2nd boss.

I could see pally usage for bosses like varimathras as all you do there is use a cd every x seconds and spellbop aswell could save others on that fight.
    Purely for P2 on Argus you could run double pally and have the soulbomb AND both soulbursts stack on the avatar tank and immune it. Looking at the dungeon journal's dmg for mythic it'll be hard to survive 172million Magic dmg otherwise, but then again I can see a different strat involving warlock gates since the soulbomb only lasts 12seconds rather than 15 on mythic, that would only result in 86M dmg, which is doable with double hp.
    Thats just speculation based on a poorly updated dungeon journal though, simply because of spellbop pallys can always have their chance of being important and they are the best tank at taking bursts of damage no matter if physical or magic. While all tanks can solo soak maiden smashes, pallys have the easiest job on that by far.
    You realize that the tier bonus isn't effected by DR right? lmao...

Deleted
    and how's 10/20% block chance gonna make them best tank ??

Paladins had to get HP buff + armor buff just to not to be one shot by auto attacks from bosses (and the buffs came quite late)
    If anything, it's bandaid fix that's not gonna help much (since they can't achieve 100% block chance)

so?
    its still inconsistent and goes into the completly different direction of what makes a tank good, which is CONSISTENT dmg mitigation not rng bullshit.
    Stagger is consistent.
    Ironfur is consistent.
    warrior block is consistent aslong as you don't have to tank for a longer period of time than your AM lasts.
    paladin block/parry is not consistent and more like playing the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Unless they do stupid shit like make physical auto attacks like felclaw undodgeable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    and how's 10/20% block chance gonna make them best tank ??

Paladins had to get HP buff + armor buff just to not to be one shot by auto attacks from bosses (and the buffs came quite late)
    If anything, it's bandaid fix that's not gonna help much (since they can't achieve 100% block chance)
    You can hit the ctc cap on PTR easily with holy shield.. crit + dodge + block = 102%.. And holy shield also blocks spells..

Quote Originally Posted by chown View Post
    You can hit the ctc cap on PTR easily with holy shield.. crit + dodge + block = 102%.. And holy shield also blocks spells..
    Hello 2017 calling. CTC was a thing up to cata. Block is on different roll then dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Are you new in WoW ?

If people keeps their T20, Blizzard won't buff T21, they will rather nerf T20. As usual.