Poll: The Expansion with the Best Cinematic is...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going with WotLK since it was the long-awaited culmination of the WarCraft III story. The worst? I'd have to say BfA simply because it left me feeling the least-enthused out of all the expansion cinematics, topping even WoD.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Wrath, Arthas raising Sindragosa and watching her fly over the undead armies, it was awesome. BFA is just " Oh look, factions fight again "
    This.

ALthough a runner up for me would be the MoP one. Mostly the part where the Human and Orc are standing there, and the Human hands the Orc the stick. I laughed so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrath.... Not even a real contest. The atmosphere of that cinematic is really unmet by anything other, even most movies will not reach the hight of that cinematic.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    WoD for me!

After that: BfA > Wrath > Cataclysm > MoP > Legion > Classic > TBC.

Terenas as a narrator while arthas rise stuff is unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by RotDog View Post
    This is also why I voted MoP. A much different culture and atmosphere, and the fight was entertaining. I also like the music from Mists a lot.
    Man I am so with you there. The music in MoP was so on point. The days <(^_^)>

Tie for me, BfA with WotLK, though I pretty much liked all of them. I wouldn't say any of them is bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    WoD no doubt, the whole thing sent shivers down my spine. A fucking fantastic cinematic for a shitpile of an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm, hands down. The sheer scale of destruction and size of the threat shown in that video is always terrifying to watch.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Wrath. Lots of emotion, deep connection with Arthas and the voice overlay was just amazing.

The Vanilla and TBC cinematics will always be my favourites since they're the only ones that really feel like they capture the essence of WoW as a game. Most of the others are just story vignettes that only touch on minor elements of what the experience is about. Cataclysm and Pandaria had good cinematics that reflected the tone of their respective expansions as well. It's a shame the Legion and BfA cinematics are so similar, since it makes them blur together and feel far less memorable for me. I didn't really care for either of them much at all, especially with the mildly muted and washed out look they seem to be going for now.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You sure about that bandwagon part
    Don't think you understand what the word bandwagon means. Do yourself a favor, instead of replying to me again, look it up. You might learn something for once.

I hate to say Wrath.

I never liked Arthas. At the end of TFT when he stroke down Illidan i was so incredibly disappointed. Arthas was only cool because he was a very obvious Darth Vader Copy. Far too flat for my taste. Illidan was so much more interesting...and powerful, too. I'm glad they gave Illidan the "clarification" he deserved. Imho he is the only well written "gray" Character in all of Warcraft.

...but that cinematic? It's just stunningly well done.

Did not like BfA all that much, though it is, of course, finely crafted, as usual for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Official Rankings:
    1.) Wrath of the Lich King
    2.) Warlords of Draenor (The cinematic was the only good thing)
    3.) Legion
    4.) Cataclysm
    5.) Battle for Azeroth
    6.) Burning Crusade
    7.) Vanilla (Great For Nostalgia, but Lacking Elsewhere)
    8.) Mists of Pandaria

1. Wrath

2. WoD

3. BfA

4. MoP.

MoP > LK > BfA > Rest >>>>>> TBC
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    WoD for me!

After that: BfA > Wrath > Cataclysm > MoP > Legion > Classic > TBC.
    BfA>WotLK>MoP>WoD>Cataclysm>Classic>Legion>TBC
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're judging it purely on cinematics, for me it's a tie between Wrath and Warlords.

Mists I like as a close second for being so different but tonally fitting its expansion so well.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.