Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    4,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    They explained in HotS panel that they have to change proportions to fit the camera and silhouettes, guys.
    B-b-but...

    Why aren't Nova, Valeera or Genjo fat then ?
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    They explained in HotS panel that they have to change proportions to fit the camera and silhouettes, guys.
    I don't quite understand this excuse. There are other characters that are smaller like Tracer (really small actually) and Li Ming. I would put Nova, Sylvanas, Valeera and Jaina in the normal size category and would have expected Alexstraza to be similar based on the WoW model. She isn't fat but bulky like Sonya. Alex not being a warrior should not be bulky.

    The things that are more annoying to me are the furry cape she wears which makes her look like a hunchback and her really square jaw.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by nuba View Post
    anyone else gets bugged that alexstrasza looks like a random league of legends bullshit character in hots and not like actual wow character? I mean i don't even play hots but it bothers the shit out of me. I get it that they want to make characters "lolish" to moba players so they see it and want to play it, but i mean cmon its their own fucking universe right there!

    Real alexs:



    random female cosplayer:

    yes ! Word for word !

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire Elfezen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The more important question is how did poor Alextrasza become so fat? Have she been eating too much recently or is it affect of sacrificing power of aspect?
    She isn't fat, in WoW she is a reskinned blood elf female but in HotS they had the opportunity to give her a unique model

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    She isn't fat, in WoW she is a reskinned blood elf female but in HotS they had the opportunity to give her a unique model
    So...why didn't they say that, then, rather than saying it was cause "everyone is bulkier in HotS". If they just wanted to give her a new model, why not say "we didn't want her to look like another typical blood elf and so we gave her a new model"?

  6. #26
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    So...why didn't they say that, then, rather than saying it was cause "everyone is bulkier in HotS". If they just wanted to give her a new model, why not say "we didn't want her to look like another typical blood elf and so we gave her a new model"?
    Because someone from modeling department would say "we had opportunity to give her a unique model", but from design department you will hear "everyone is bulkier in HotS". They think and about different things and work differently, one thinking about how players will feel about heroes look, other thinking about how the model should look on the battlefield
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    So...why didn't they say that, then, rather than saying it was cause "everyone is bulkier in HotS". If they just wanted to give her a new model, why not say "we didn't want her to look like another typical blood elf and so we gave her a new model"?
    Because it is bullshit. They wanted to score some points with SJWatch weirddos and other nutkins. There are great many ways to implement High Elf form of her to be unique and still not sucumbing to greasiness. Blizzard is changing and it is 'never, ever feed it after midnight' kind of change.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    B-b-but...

    Why aren't Nova, Valeera or Genjo fat then ?
    Your curiosity might doom us all in the future.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well OP, you probably play too much LoL then.



    In WoW she looks like a general blood elf. If you are into that - good for you, but i'm happy that she finally got some unique features
    I presume you haven't seen her in WoW then. She's quite eye-catching actually, and unmistakably Alexstrasza by anyone remotely clued in. And if they wanted to add "unique features" to her, I'm really not sure why they targeted her jawline and made her distinctly more masculine.

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,631
    Have to agree her model is way off. I suppose they wanted to emphasize her motherly side, but that's a general problem I have with HotS-team's modelers, they occasionally take too much liberties with the design. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  10. #30
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I presume you haven't seen her in WoW then. She's quite eye-catching actually, and unmistakably Alexstrasza by anyone remotely clued in. And if they wanted to add "unique features" to her, I'm really not sure why they targeted her jawline and made her distinctly more masculine.
    I've seen her in wow and she looks like a general blood elf character with different gear, same extremely small waist (to the point of looking like someone cropped it out badly), same face, same body type. It's just bland for iconic dragons and blizzard even tried to make them look different with extra polish. But no amount of polish will help, they pretty much needed custom models to be distinct.

    I'm not sure about her masculine look, her jaw looks just like Symmetras with her new dragon skin, i think you fixate too much on a stillshot of ingame model, instead of, well, looking at the model
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I've seen her in wow and she looks like a general blood elf character with different gear, same extremely small waist (to the point of looking like someone cropped it out badly), same face, same body type. It's just bland for iconic dragons and blizzard even tried to make them look different with extra polish. But no amount of polish will help, they pretty much needed custom models to be distinct.

    I'm not sure about her masculine look, her jaw looks just like Symmetras with her new dragon skin, i think you fixate too much on a stillshot of ingame model, instead of, well, looking at the model
    So very much untrue. Everybody could tell who she is, not to mention that there are no generic BE in hots. Then there is Jaina, we know who she is even tho she is just a human with regular body type in WoW. Custom model should not be some fetish fantasy where they fat em up.

  12. #32
    most people here missing the point. The body shape doesnt matter much if the character still has its essence, what I compared is that the character itself doesn't look like the wow one at all, instead it looks just like a generic MOBA character from LoL or one of these many random Dota copies, these ones we see random cosplays ALL THE TIME. In fact, she actually looks like a cosplayer herself rather than the actual WOW character

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Because it is bullshit. They wanted to score some points with SJWatch weirddos and other nutkins. There are great many ways to implement High Elf form of her to be unique and still not sucumbing to greasiness. Blizzard is changing and it is 'never, ever feed it after midnight' kind of change.
    Why is everything you've said on this topic wrong?

    *looks down*

    Ohhh...

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    Why is everything you've said on this topic wrong?

    *looks down*

    Ohhh...
    Nothing of hat I have said is wrong, but keep dreaming of sizzling pan and lard.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The more important question is how did poor Alextrasza become so fat? Have she been eating too much recently or is it affect of sacrificing power of aspect?
    not fat, 乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

  16. #36
    Only a thicc dragon is a good dragon.


  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Only a thicc dragon is a good dragon.

    thicc bae best bae

  18. #38
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    So very much untrue. Everybody could tell who she is, not to mention that there are no generic BE in hots. Then there is Jaina, we know who she is even tho she is just a human with regular body type in WoW. Custom model should not be some fetish fantasy where they fat em up.
    Yes, everybody could tell who she is because of her clothing, not because of her body structure, because it's literally the same as blood elf.

    Now go look at Anduin or Sylvanas - they have unique models, which Alextrasza lacks in WoW, she is just blood elf model in unique accessories
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, everybody could tell who she is because of her clothing, not because of her body structure, because it's literally the same as blood elf.

    Now go look at Anduin or Sylvanas - they have unique models, which Alextrasza lacks in WoW, she is just blood elf model in unique accessories
    Horns, glowing eyes do the trick. Her body structure would be pretty much the same as that of other High Elves. In other words, differently coloured Sylvanas. Sylvie is using regular blood elf model.

  20. #40
    Blademaster Luks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Alsace, France
    Posts
    46
    Couldn't care less about her bulk or lack thereoff (although I'm appalled by the reaction of some tinfoil hat people here), but I'm really disappointed by her face. She looks derpy with that frozen smile, not regal of anything. That does not befit a dragon queen. I for one welcome the addition of pants, as I do Sylvanas' belly armor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •