Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    You guys are disgusting, no wonder why HOTS is dying...
    everyone who disagrees qith me is disgusting, just Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Why? Do you know if they just took them from OW? Guarantee they didn't.
    His point was that they are very small models. They didn't need to fatten them up in order for them to look good in game. This is pretty obviously an intentional design choice, as they could have gave her similar proportions to Sylvanas or Valeera, just making her more "amazonian."

Perhaps they tried that and didn't think she stood out enough, but it's pretty disingenuous to claim they had to make her fatter because of technical limitations or something, when older characters prove that theory wrong.

Alex's bangs throw me off

She looks interesting to play tho. But I agree xD Looks like a Shyvana skin for the League of Legends Character xD I love Alexstrasza tho Read her lore and got amazed

10+ Year Old Account
    The face bothers me the most. It's just a massive departure from her model in WoW, and various official art that she's been featured in. It's too "bubbly" I guess. Such a face fits a character like Chromie, but not Alexstrasza.

With regard to the debate on thickness, I'm less bothered by it, but I will say that HotS Alex is fat. Not "thicc" or whatever other fat-positivity meme you'd like to come up with. Just fat. It does bother me a little bit, not because of the model itself, but because it suggests a pretty big shift over at Blizzard (Overwatch character backstories are the same way). They're catering to the wrong people, the "inclusivity crowd."

I'd much rather Blizzard go back to appealing to under-socialized nerds that enjoy thin girls in tacky bikinis than continue catering to obese, confused, "high functioning" aberrants.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main confusion was just how differently she looks between the ingame and the Hanzo ciematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lamasu93 View Post
    everyone who disagrees qith me is disgusting, just Pathetic
    The only pathetic people i see is like you, who maked that drama without any logic...

Keep in mind even alex's human form towers over people.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    They talked about how they beef up the characters when they make them in HotS to make them more exaggerated and a better silhouette during the hero deep dive panel.
    I'd even believe that if it weren't for Nova, Junkrat, D.Va, Cassia, Valeera, Auriel, TRACER, Li-Ming, and Valla. All of whose mere existance in the game directly contradicts Blizzard's statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I'd even believe that if it weren't for Nova, Junkrat, D.Va, Cassia, Valeera, Auriel, TRACER, Li-Ming, and Valla. All of whose mere existance in the game directly contradicts Blizzard's statement.
    Silhouette is the keyword though? They have to alter silhouettes for some characters to make them stand out. Kael has the big shouldered cloak, Jaina always has the 2h staff and odd walk, Ming has the wand + source, Samuro looks... the way he does, etc. Alex doesn't have any real discernible features aside from her horns and weapon (or lack thereof), which Kerrigan also has on her Succubus/Legion Mistress skin, for example. Not to menton that Alex' wrath model would just be a bowless Sylvanas with horns (which Sylvanas also has on her Raven skin).

Garrosh is a great example of why this is needed, I remember when he just released people said he was hard to tell apart from Thrall's Hellhammer skin because 1 has an axe, the other a bladed mace, both bulky, big shoulderpads, bare chested, and so on. It's why Garrosh will likely always be bald and have the cilinder-like shoulders for any skin he'll get.

My point is, they want people to recognise characters at first glance, they probably felt like Alex could potentially overlap with a character already in the game. Or they're saving space for Ysera or w/e.

Either way, I don't see why everyone is so up in arms over this, Dehaka and Rexxar had their models altered, yet everyone moved on pretty quickly. Models are gonna change, might even happen more often the more heroes end up in the game, people are just gonna have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    So...why didn't they say that, then, rather than saying it was cause "everyone is bulkier in HotS". If they just wanted to give her a new model, why not say "we didn't want her to look like another typical blood elf and so we gave her a new model"?
    They did, though. They said they wanted to make sure she looked different from Sylvanas.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think because they gave Alex a high amount of health they want to make her look bigger than the average small hero. I think the size of the hero correlates with the health.

Though I personally don't like the change.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Your arguement is based on your own self-imposed assumption that the body profile is the only profile they go with for all heroes across the board. Its not. It was never said to be. For some heroes it doesnt make sense but this is Alex-frikkin-strazsa the titan-damned Aspect of Life.

D.va is in a huge mech and is a little girl out of it. The heroes you're pointing out are all thin. Alexstrasza's human form towers over regular mortals.

Alex was never meant to be small, medium and in the middle of the radar, let alone behind it. She wasn't meant to be one of those heroes. She's a dragon aspect!

Its like with Kelthuzad, they purposely made him ridiculously tall compared to the others to create a profile.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-11-12 at 05:51 PM.

Until this thread I had no idea that her model was considered "fat".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthDoubleMarth View Post
    Until this thread I had no idea that her model was considered "fat".
    Me too.

But i also dont like her face. But if they change it and dont to anything to Varians ridiculous ugly face i riot.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    The only pathetic people i see is like you, who maked that drama without any logic...
    I spot a hypocrite! You state that the people like lamasu are pathetic for making drama without any logic yet you enter this thread by only saying "You guys are disgusting, no wonder why HOTS is dying..." I find it pathetic when people like you just want to call people disgusting with no explanation.

As for the topic on hand, I have to say that although I disagree with the wording of some of the responses, I do agree that the design team barely met the minimum requirements for Alexstrasza's appearance. There is so much room for improvement. We can tell she is alexstrasza because of her horns (barely) and the dragon form. Her actual horns are much smaller and shaped differently. Her cape barely resembles the one in wow and the same goes for her face. Now let's look at hanzo's model. He did not get altered at all. His model in heroes looks almost identical to the heroes of the storm one. This can be said for most of the heroes in the game.
    Last edited by Clatratus; 2017-11-14 at 12:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If people need old items to feel unique and special then they have a problem. Playing a video game in a MMO isn't about looking and feeling special.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    anyone else gets bugged that Alexstrasza looks like a random league of legends bullshit character in HOTS and not like actual WoW character? I mean I don't even play HOTS but it bothers the shit out of me. I get it that they want to make characters "LoLish" to MOBA players so they see it and want to play it, but I mean cmon its their own fucking universe right there!

Real Alexs:

Random Female Cosplayer:
    None of the HotS characters look like their actual counterparts. HotS has it's own unique and highly exaggerated art style. She looks pretty much what I'd expect her too look like in HotS. Not that I particularly care because I don't play Mobas, but I think it's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    My main confusion was just how differently she looks between the ingame and the Hanzo ciematic.
    This.
    Also, that is not, in any way, a “fat” ..”woman”. She’s not small framed =/= fat.

In what world is she fat? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clatratus View Post
    I spot a hypocrite! You state that the people like lamasu are pathetic for making drama without any logic yet you enter this thread by only saying "You guys are disgusting, no wonder why HOTS is dying..." I find it pathetic when people like you just want to call people disgusting with no explanation.

As for the topic on hand, I have to say that although I disagree with the wording of some of the responses, I do agree that the design team barely met the minimum requirements for Alexstrasza's appearance. There is so much room for improvement. We can tell she is alexstrasza because of her horns (barely) and the dragon form. Her actual horns are much smaller and shaped differently. Her cape barely resembles the one in wow and the same goes for her face. Now let's look at hanzo's model. He did not get altered at all. His model in heroes looks almost identical to the heroes of the storm one. This can be said for most of the heroes in the game.
    Do you got any logic explantation for that drama? No? Then shut the fuck up scrub.