Question PvP healer choice suggestions

TL;DR: Suggest a healer class/spec/race (Horde) for casual BG games.

I played WoW mainly in BC and WotLK (I still played every other xpac, but only for a couple of months), my only max level character is Undead Warlock, I tried to PvP from time to time, but never quite liked it.

However I realized that I only play support roles (and to a lesser extent, tank, but not a DPS) in other games:
    • like Crystal Maiden in Dota 2,
    • like Malfurion HotS,
    • and Mercy in Overwatch.

I understand that these games are not in any way related to WoW, but you get the support idea. So I thought that I should try to play healer in PvP,
    but since I never played healer in WoW I want to ask for suggestions on class/spec/race/faction to start playing.
    I mostly play solo queue and want a BG-oriented class (if there is any difference btween BG/Arena heal in the current meta).
    I don't care about their PvE performance since I'm not going to heal in PvE.
    Last edited by Queendom; 2017-11-07 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Druid/Monk

Deleted
    Druid and Monk are top BG choices because you have the ability to GTFO when the drooling melee train arrives. Something that Paladin/Shaman/Priest don't really have.

That said, I am having a blast playing Holy Priest in BGs - almost always top heals, lots of CDs to rotate, fun utility (disorient & knockback & mind control) - two schools (cast mind control to bait kicks and free cast heals when someone interrupts it). Greater Fade is kind of like a mini vanish - all spells (barring interrupts) miss you. Holy's real downfall is hardly any mobility - angelic feathers are about your only option unless you want to use swiftness potions, so you're stuck tanking enemies where druid/mw can just run away.

Deleted
    Depends if you want to be a mobile healer than go druid or monk. If you just want to tank dmg then go Holy/discipline Priest or Holy paladin (can also do some nice dmg). Resto Shaman for big heals but weaker survivability.
    If you really just wanna heal then stay away from Resto Druid. Resto has very good survivability but the healing part is the lowest of all healers. If you just stay there and heal you will die in seconds, so you need to use bear and travel form a lot which means no heals for allies. I suggest Monk for mobile playstyle and Holy/Discipline priest for tankiness.

Thanks for the answers guys, I think I'll try MW Monk. I guess I even roll a Human Monk for the whole new game perspective since I never played Alliance before. The only problem is leveling, but at least I still have a 100 Boost from Legion.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck. I've done Druid, Monk, Priest and Shaman.

MOST of my fights are stun, stun, stun, silence dead. Due to the FANTASTIC melee balance Blizz has done this expansion....

Monk would probably be the easiest, good heals and cds and super slippery for bgs. Priest isn't too bad but you can easily be locked down by a few dps without queing with other healers. Just from my experience healing with my alts. Druid is meh and pally isnt super fun to heal bgs with unless you go melee wings but then you just get focused and have to bubble lol. idk id just suggest monk 10/10 times to any new people or people that want to try a healer in bgs.