Thread: Double Jump

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Double Jump

Hello, community!

Wouldn't it be cool if rogues could be allowed to double jump, just like demon hunters?
    I mean, rogues should be the very archetype of mobility and agility.

I do understand that demon hunters' concept of freedom in movement should represents uniqueness in the game.
    But I also think it would be rather reasonable to have such a class passive implemented in an important class like rogue, in my opinion, wherein infiltration and environment control is pretty essential for a sneaky agent.

No demon wings, which means no glide of course; but that could be pretty much fixed with engineering!

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, let rogues stick with increased movement speed, fall damage reduction and passive dodge chance. Don't take away something unique from the DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Double Jump is only cool on the paper.

Lost my count on how many times i got Dc'ed by it because a priest casted levitate or me or because i tried to double jump out of the water...

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Nah, let rogues stick with increased movement speed, f
    lolwut????

15+ Year Old Account
    Double jump is an ability rooted in the use of magic, not mobility. No matter how agile an acrobat is, he can’t just jump twice in the air.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    lolwut????
    Never heard of Fleet Footed?

Never heard of Fleet Footed?
    never heard of DH mastery?

The archetype of Rogues is a shadowy ganker who sprints and shadowsteps and makes himself magic immune while griefing people and using the spit emote. I'm fine with it moving away from "agile leather assassin creed martial artist" fantasy.

7+ Year Old Account
    never heard of DH mastery?
    Yup, chaos dmg and movement speed increase

I think it would be cool if they had the ability to leap from a wall, like jump up a wall, press jump again to launch yourself from the wall. Not super useful but I bet it could look cool with proper animations!

Yup, chaos dmg and movement speed increase
    so how exactly do we have movement speed DHs dont?

7+ Year Old Account
    so how exactly do we have movement speed DHs dont?
    I never said they didn't what?

I never said they didn't what?
    no, but you heavily implied it, you listed three things (two of which are in fact unique to us) and said, "we got all this why take something from DHs"

so yeah, either you ment to say that and now yoU're backing down, or you really phrased that post wrong.

no, but you heavily implied it, you listed three things (two of which are in fact unique to us) and said, "we got all this why take something from DHs"

so yeah, either you ment to say that and now yoU're backing down, or you really phrased that post wrong.
    He said, "we got all this, why take something UNIQUE from DHs"

Very big difference in what he said. He was simply saying rogues have enough, don't have them copy another class and make that class lose their defining and unique ability.

7+ Year Old Account

Well, most classes have some way of increasing movement speed but usually involves taking a talent or is just a cd, rogues just get it automatically. Ill be honest though, I did forget that their mastery gave movement speed; however I believe Vengeance doesn't have the same effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    Hello, community!

Wouldn't it be cool if rogues could be allowed to double jump, just like demon hunters?
    I mean, rogues should be the very archetype of mobility and agility.

I do understand that demon hunters' concept of freedom in movement should represents uniqueness in the game.
    But I also think it would be rather reasonable to have such a class passive implemented in an important class like rogue, in my opinion, wherein infiltration and environment control is pretty essential for a sneaky agent.

No demon wings, which means no glide of course; but that could be pretty much fixed with engineering
    It's cool but it's not fit with our class fantasy.
    Each class gotta have his own fantasy, so don't take the one of DHs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I think it would be cool if they had the ability to leap from a wall, like jump up a wall, press jump again to launch yourself from the wall. Not super useful but I bet it could look cool with proper animations!
    Oh my god, I have never thought about this!
    It is a wonderful idea!

Allow double jump if your first jump hits a wall, ala bouncing off the wall.

Otherwise, let DH keep their fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    Oh my god, I have never thought about this!
    It is a wonderful idea!
    Yet it would serve virtually no purpose at all. In what circumstance would that be beneficial at all lol? What would it accomplish?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE