Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is my Professor Seducing Me?

Alright, this is a little weird but I can't quite shake it off. So some basic facts, I'm 28 years old, and a distinctive pretty damn good looking male. Many would say I'm a pretty smart guy. Smart enough that my professor nominated me for a rather prestigious scholar program. Now the weird thing is, right before she had made the nomination, she trapped me in a conversation in her office for like 40 minutes, can't say I didn't enjoy it neither. Other students were sitting outside her door waiting for ages. Last session, she had me wait till everyone left class to ask her basic questions, then we began walking together and having small talk. When we're in class, I notice that she makes eye contact with me a lot. When she does, she puts her hands on her hips, flexes her legs, makes a lot of passes where I'm sitting and I think I'm actually getting the vapors for her myself now. Any y'all ever had a professor throwing out signals? I'm hoping this is all in my head, yeah?

Deleted
    I'm hoping this is all in my head, yeah?
    Yea right.

Honestly, imo it is pointless to post this. No one can tell you for sure.

Fair enough, and right indeed. Life is complicated enough, this issue only makes it much more so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try submitting this to /r/ronpaul_erotic_fanfic/.

Unless this is a copypasta from /r/ronpaul_erotic_fanfic/.

Try this, when you're talking to her, casually smooth back your eyebrows with your tongue and see what she does.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Did you ask on 4chan? I heard they have even more virgins than MMO-C.

Deleted
    Most likely you are delusional.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grab her by the pussy and you'll find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

During my time at university I had meals with my professors, engaged in conversations unrelated to my curriculum, and otherwise developed personal relationships and connections with them that existed outside the teacher/student dynamic.

This was possible because I, like them, was an adult. And as an adult I was and am capable of having non-sexual relationships with any gender, as I am able to engage in both professional and personal relationships because understanding boundaries is something adults are capable of doing.

In all likelihood you find this woman attractive and so you are trying to interpret anything she says or does as indicative of a sexual desire that simply is not there. Which makes you pretty much like like any other 28-year old heterosexual male. Congrats on being average

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Most likely you are delusional.
    You're probably right, I think I'm going to roll with that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima22689 View Post
    I'm 28 years old, and a distinctive pretty damn good looking male.
    and you cant tell if a girl is hitting on you?

is she attractive?
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-11-08 at 07:01 PM.

You're probably right, I think I'm going to roll with that!
    Good. She might very well appreciate the fact that you're a good student, or likes you as a person. She'd get fired for sleeping with a student, so not a good idea to go there, on the 0.000001% chance that you are correct.

Also she'd be throwing out far more obvious signals if she was interested in a romantic relationship (asking for your phone number, texting/sexting you, rubbing your thigh, etc). A woman in that sort of position is not going to be subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    During my time at university I had meals with my professors, engaged in conversations unrelated to my curriculum, and otherwise developed personal relationships and connections with them that existed outside the teacher/student dynamic.

This was possible because I, like them, was an adult. And as an adult I was and am capable of having non-sexual relationships with any gender, as I am able to engage in both professional and personal relationships because understanding boundaries is something adults are capable of doing.

In all likelihood you find this woman attractive and so you are trying to interpret anything she says or does as indicative of a sexual desire that simply is not there. Which makes you pretty much like like any other 28-year old heterosexual male. Congrats on being average
    As am I, I have many platonic relationships with the other gender without any issue, across various age groups. It just seemed a bit weird. It's not what she's saying that's strange, I just know the signs when someone is attracted to me. Either way, for the sake of my own sanity, I'm just going to roll with it being in my head anyway. If there's something more to this, she'll be the one to prove me right/wrong, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    No. You are being delusional, and I'm saying that in the nicest way possible.
    ^^^ You are seeing more into it than there really is, and since we are only getting your side of it, the things you are "seeing as hints" are distorted by your bias and thus we can't get a real idea of the situation. Don't hit on her back or else you risk losing any help in the future. Just be a normal adult and maintain a friendship.

Just give her the D and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    all these people telling you are delusional are wrong.

if you want to find out for sure, drop a wad of hundreds and a magnum condom for your monster dong on the ground. get ready to plow

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    ^^^ You are seeing more into it than there really is, and since we are only getting your side of it, the things you are "seeing as hints" are distorted by your bias and thus we can't get a real idea of the situation. Don't hit on her back or else you risk losing any help in the future. Just be a normal adult and maintain a friendship.
    Indeed, I didn't think much about the context when i asked this question. That's my issue, I'm too busy being a scholarly hermit these days, I'm not trying to "score" or "give her the D" as a lot of folks are humorously implying to do, I can just hit a bar and just start a conversation with someone if that's what I was looking for. I was more so looking for the best way to deal with this without compromising me opportunity for this program by letting her down too hard or making things rather complicated by going further down the rabbit hole, because I've never been in this situation before and I'm direly hoping it's all in my head so I don't have to deal with this, but what if it IS a real concern? I don't want to be blindsided and I screw myself.

As am I, I have many platonic relationships with the other gender without any issue, across various age groups. It just seemed a bit weird. It's not what she's saying that's strange, I just know the signs when someone is attracted to me. Either way, for the sake of my own sanity, I'm just going to roll with it being in my head anyway. If there's something more to this, she'll be the one to prove me right/wrong, not the other way around.
    Remember that there is a difference between someone being attracted to you and being attracted to you + wanting to pursue something with you. And it would be a very bad idea for her to pursue something with you.

I still do not think she is attracted to you based on what you said, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, I didn't think much about the context when i asked this question. That's my issue, I'm too busy being a scholarly hermit these days, I'm not trying to "score" or "give her the D" as a lot of folks are humorously implying to do, I can just hit a bar and just start a conversation with someone if that's what I was looking for. I was more so looking for the best way to deal with this without compromising me opportunity for this program by letting her down too hard or making things rather complicated by going further down the rabbit hole, because I've never been in this situation before and I'm direly hoping it's all in my head so I don't have to deal with this, but what if it IS a real concern? I don't want to be blindsided and I screw myself.
    It isn't a real concern. Just forget about it.

slip a dollar bill in her back pocket and see what happens.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano