Page 1 of 3
LastLast

UCLA basketball players arrested in China for shoplifting

From Reuters.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1D803H

Three UCLA men’s basketball players were arrested in China for shoplifting on Tuesday, media said, a day before U.S. President Donald Trump arrived on his first official visit.
    The players arrested were freshmen LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill, according to USA Today, the Los Angeles Times and ESPN, all of which cited unnamed sources familiar with the incident. Ball is the younger brother of National Basketball Association rookie Lonzo Ball of the Los Angeles Lakers.
    Reached by telephone at a hotel in the eastern city of Hangzhou on Wednesday, Ball declined to comment. ESPN said the three had been picked up by police at their hotel on Tuesday and released on bail early on Wednesday. They were confined to their hotel pending legal proceedings, it said.
    The University of California, Los Angeles, declined to confirm the arrests but said it was “aware of a situation involving UCLA student-athletes in Hangzhou, China”.

What were these three thinking? Allegedly stealing high price goods... In a foreign country no less.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-11-08 at 07:37 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Young people being dumb like usual.

At least they won't be held captive like the guy in North Korea who ended up dead when returned.

Either China wants to embarrass Trump while he's in town or they actually stole something, it's anybody's guess. They're black and China has a rep of being racist.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Supposedly stole something from a Louis Vuitton store.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this gets Lavar Ball to eat some humble pie for once, then good.

Their lawyer should use the racism defense see if China gives two fucks

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    In a foreign country no less.
    In China, no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Either China wants to embarrass Trump while he's in town or they actually stole something, it's anybody's guess. They're black and China has a rep of being racist.
    Prepare yourself.

I said this once and the Asian Defense Force came running out because I was talking about their waifu. You can actually google articles very easily that speak about Asian culture historic xenophobia and the problems it still causes in their societies today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dang, thug mentality just cant control themselves. sad.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-11-09 at 03:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Prepare yourself.

I said this once and the Asian Defense Force came running out because I was talking about their waifu. You can actually google articles very easily that speak about Asian culture historic xenophobia and the problems it still causes in their societies today.
    Weebs don't care about China. He'll be fine.

China does have a serious problem when to comes to race and how they view black people. I mean for goodness sakes they'll hire white actors who pretend to be doctors and professionals just because "white" people are better to them. So that is a problem...

Or they shoplifted because they're university players and they're dirt poor while everyone else makes millions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    China does have a serious problem when to comes to race and how they view black people. I mean for goodness sakes they'll hire white actors who pretend to be doctors and professionals just because "white" people are better to them. So that is a problem...

Or they shoplifted because they're university players and they're dirt poor while everyone else makes millions.
    Cant say about the other guys, but the Balls are anything but dirt poor

I've certainly known a few rich people that shoplift just because they can. Typically comes form being snobby

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

dirt poor = good reason to steal from a louis vuitton store. Got it. Definitely can't survive without a $400 pencil pouch.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

They could fade up to 10 years in a Chinese prison.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    dirt poor = good reason to steal from a louis vuitton store. Got it. Definitely can't survive without a $400 pencil pouch.
    Where did I say it was a good reason?

"He probably shot his wife because she burned his food."

Doesn't magically become "It's okay he shot his wife because she burned his food"

Saying what a motive can be or is doesn't mean you agree with the motive lol. God I guess CNN agrees with the church shooting because they clearly were trying to provide motives.

Don't go along making up your own shit it's just a fucking stupid way to argue.

You should be ashamed of your intellectual dishonesty, pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    They could fade up to 10 years in a Chinese prison.
    Cmon man that won't happen. China loves basketball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Cmon man that won't happen. China loves basketball.
    Playing basketball for Chinese audiences could be incorporated into their sentences.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    They're black and China has a rep of being racist.
    If they are shoplifters, then they are shoplifters; thieves, criminals, thugs who brought it upon themselves with their own stupidity. It has fuck all to do with their race.

At least these guys committed an actual crime and not something imaginary garbage like blasphemy in some backwards shithole of a country.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    If they are shoplifters, then they are shoplifters; thieves, criminals, thugs who brought it upon themselves with their own stupidity. It has fuck all to do with their race.

At least these guys committed an actual crime and not something imaginary garbage like blasphemy in some backwards shithole of a country.
    True, but what he said was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Young people being dumb like usual.

At least they won't be held captive like the guy in North Korea who ended up dead when returned.
    This is what I'm thinking. I hate china but I don't think they'd lie. Fuck those stupid basketball thieves to death but at least they won't die.