Deleted

Question Need some help on my Shadow dps.

Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I am a holy priest main looking to switch to shadow instead, the only neutral legendaries I have are prydaz and norgannon and I have no shadow legendaries. My dps/parses for shadow are quite bad and I'm not sure how to improve, and I don't really know how much of a dps difference the legendaries will give, I am hesitant to switch loot spec because I still don't have velens...

Here are some logs and my character Elúne:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3ft1qkmB9rJ4yWxd/
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/2586916

Any help would be really appreciated, I can take any harsh critique, thanks.

Gear:
    As long as you dont have Sephuz or the belt, you should aim to get around 14k haste and 12k crit imo. You need to drop that Charm trinket in favor of a Terrow asap. Using Thurible on single target can be a bit rough with your current gear, as you just don't have the stat budget to use a vers trinket.

If you somehow got your hands on an Arcano, that would be good. A good haste or crit stat stick could help you out as well. You are gemmed towards mastery and using healing enchant on neck, so you will see some difference once you can fully commit to shadow. Shoulder tier is pretty bad, but I assume its simply what you have available.

TLDR: Get more trinkets, get more haste, get more crit.

Goroth:
    It honestly doesn't look that bad. You seem to get out a reasonable amount of casts for the kill timer and both your void forms were about 50 stacks, which also seems reasonable with your gear. It would be interesting to see what would happen if the fight went on for another 1-3 void forms though.

DI:
    You had to go inside during your second void form here and thats the reason for the sudden drop. The main problem is spending 30 sec out of void form. You simply can't have that if you want to do decent dps. You need to plan for entering as an sp. There are several ways to do it. My favorite is to disperse at the very end of a void form and enter during the dispersion. Once you enter, you instantly go back into void form and leave as soon as you can. Sometimes you do get caught by surprise though and you'll have to improvise, but staying out of void form is just never the answer. Lingering insanity and void form uptime are key factors in how you perform.

Here is an example of what I mean from a pull some months ago. Watch for how little void form uptime I lose by going inside.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171144576

Harjatan:
    You had some issues here. You mindbender at 40 stacks and immediately disperse and as a priest this will impact the rest of the fight for you. 2nd void form is ruined because of it and thats one of two full void forms on this fight. Im sure you know that this isn't optimal and if I were to guess, you probably got caught up with adds and just forgot to use it. The more mechanics, if its movement, more adds or anything that takes forcus away from patchwerk rotation, the more experience is required. Just keep playing and these things will get a lot better. Sephuz is pretty nuts for this fight, which you don't have. One tip is to try to use shadow word: death on the adds as they are dying. If they die within a second of your SW: D you get 30 insanity instead of 15. This will get you back any potential insanity loss from the multi dotting.

Mistress:
    Now, I don't know how fast these adds are dying, but I assume they are dying pretty fast. You only casted Vampiric Touch twice. It's not really a fight you judge dps performance on, so I'm just gonna ignore it. I have some Harjatan videos on my twitch channel if you want to look at that, but one was in a pug where adds didn't really die and second is mythic, so not sure what you'll get from that.

Overall, my main tip would be to just keep playing/practicing and getting more optimized gear. Compared to the other SP, I definitely think you are playing better from a rotation PoV.

Hope that helped a little!

Deleted
    Thanks, that's some excellent advice and I'll be sure to make use of it.