Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    But I saw on the moving picture box that he is a man of the Jesus.
    Definitely is.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    The White House isn't endorsing Moore, but, the White House is endorsing Moore.

Conway on Moore: We want the votes to pass tax reform

White House aide Kellyanne Conway on Monday suggested Alabama voters should support embattled Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore because he would vote for the GOP's tax reform legislation making its way through Congress.

“Doug Jones in Alabama, folks, don’t be fooled. He will be a vote against tax cuts. He is weak on crime, weak on borders. He is strong on raising your taxes. He is terrible for property owners," Conway said on "Fox & Friends."

“So, vote Roy Moore?” host Brian Kilmeade interjected.

“I’m telling you that we want the votes in the Senate to get this tax bill through,” Conway said
    So there you have it. That's not an official endorsement by name only. Conway just all but flat-out stated they'll take a pedophile if it means they get a tax cut for the rich.

Of course, this isn't the whole story. The election on the 12th probably won't be officially certified until the 26th, if for no other reason, because the Alabama GOP saturates the state and they could delay the official Moore loss (if it happens) for a couple weeks. Until then, the current seat holder, Strange, has the full rights and responsibilities, including voting on the tax cut for the rich.

So I'm not saying Conway is an idiot, but Conway is an idiot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Because Jesus' father did it with Jesus' mother, so of course it's okay.

I still can't fucking believe they tried that.

- - - Updated - - -

And another colleague of Moore basically this is 100% believable.

Retired Alabama officer: Roy Moore rumors treated 'like a joke'
    Oh boy oh boy, police officers knew that District Attorney Moore had the hots for teenage girls and treated it like a joke.

Sweet Home Alabama. Welcome to the bible belt justice system. Where being a liberal is a crime worthy of getting your car stoned by mob rule, but diddling teenage girls is just natural.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Definitely is.

There needs to be a "Fuck the Poor" somewhere in that picture of Jesus. After all, while real Jesus advocated giving away all excess possessions to helping the needy, Republican Jesus sees them as parasites who DARE to want to eat in the presence of bootstrappers who earned their way to the top through hard work and innovation inheritance and sitting on company stock ownership.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    There needs to be a "Fuck the Poor" somewhere in that picture of Jesus.
    Isn't that implied by Wal*Mart?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Definitely is.

I read that the American religious right does not actually worship Jesus but rather America and capitalism. So this seems really accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like her line about the democrat being soft on crime... I can think of one crime Moore will be hard on, but not in the way anyone wants.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I read that the American religious right does not actually worship Jesus
    It is extremely hard to justify someone who votes to reduce federal aid for food for the hungry, medicine for the sick, shelter for the poor, and care for the old as someone who follows the teachings of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

So there you have it. That's not an official endorsement by name only. Conway just all but flat-out stated they'll take a pedophile if it means they get a tax cut for the rich.

Of course, this isn't the whole story. The election on the 12th probably won't be officially certified until the 26th, if for no other reason, because the Alabama GOP saturates the state and they could delay the official Moore loss (if it happens) for a couple weeks. Until then, the current seat holder, Strange, has the full rights and responsibilities, including voting on the tax cut for the rich.

So the official White House line, per Conway, is "We don't care if he's a pedophile, as long as he'll vote on our legislation he's good enough!"

Shocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Linsdey Graham concedes that Roy Moore is about to cost the GOP and Trump's agenda a seat that's "almost impossible to lose for a Republican".

He's still in favor of a miracle write-in that somehow everyone votes for and the vote isn't split -- or pushing the election back, allowing Moore to drop in time. Neither seems likely in the current setup.

Ah, the classic, "We don't care if he likes fucking children as long as he helps us fuck the working class."

10+ Year Old Account
    Linsdey Graham concedes that Roy Moore is about to cost the GOP and Trump's agenda a seat that's "almost impossible to lose for a Republican".

He's still in favor of a miracle write-in that somehow everyone votes for and the vote isn't split -- or pushing the election back, allowing Moore to drop in time. Neither seems likely in the current setup.
    We'll see just how "impossible" impossible is...

Unfortunately I'm not underestimating the ability of people to plug their ears, hold their nose and vote for a pedophile just because he's the same political party as them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ah, the classic, "We don't care if he likes fucking children as long as he helps us fuck the working class."
    Children WERE the working class about a century ago, so it all balances out in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    We'll see just how "impossible" impossible is...

Unfortunately I'm not underestimating the ability of people to plug their ears, hold their nose and vote for a pedophile just because he's the same political party as them.
    Once you've sold your soul once for your party once, it's just a few steps more to go. It's not like the party of fiscal conservatism woke up one morning and decided to be the party of vitriol and evil, it's a gradual change over a lifetime, going from thinking a consenting adult giving another a blow job while President is grounds for impeachment to being OK with pedophilia. But don't worry, there are still traces of the old party left. Had it been little boys rather than little girls, Roy would be long gone already.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/ala...ndry-in-court/

Well played media, well played. *Leans back in chair and smiles*
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Well played media, well played.
    Yep. Plus, the threshold for guilt in such cases is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/ala...ndry-in-court/

Well played media, well played. *Leans back in chair and smiles*
    Him suing the victims or papers was always a bluff... It'd be ridiculously hard to prove libel and it would probably open up Moore to other legal issues if evidence came up during discovery.

The Conway thing just blows me away. Even the people on Fox that she was talking to seemed a little alarmed by her stance. "Vote for a pedophile before you vote democrat" was all but what she said.

I mean... come on, guys. I really need a diehard Trump supporter to tell me they understand that this is incredibly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    The Conway thing just blows me away. Even the people on Fox that she was talking to seemed a little alarmed by her stance. "Vote for a pedophile before you vote democrat" was all but what she said.

I mean... come on, guys. I really need a diehard Trump supporter to tell me they understand that this is incredibly wrong.
    According to the diehard Trump supporters who have responded to this thread we can come up with the following.

1) All the women are lying bimbos.
    2) The Sean Hannity interview never happened.
    3) This is all a democrats and republican establishment effort to stop Roy Mooore from bringing change to Washington.
    4) Even if it is true better than a liberal we can always replace him if need be.

Take your pick this is where we are nowadays, I fully expect Roy Moore to win and watch these republicans change their minds because they seem willing to do anything for them tax cuts.

5+ Year Old Account
    Soooo... any word when Drumpf is going to stop flying under the radar from all of his perversions?

Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    Soooo... any word when Drumpf is going to stop flying under the radar from all of his perversions?
    Well, last time he got out of it by just saying, "But Bill Clinton had affairs!" and that worked well enough for him to get elected.