Deleted

Warlock artifact weapon and gameplay in BfA.

Right now in the current legion version all the warlock specs rely on the artifact - dps wise. After blizz removing it in the next xpac (Battle for Azeroth) what will happen? Anyone has any information what will happen with the talents and the abilities what we spamming? (Askin' because demo dps rely on TK and lock dps rely on souls).

They said they're looking into it and probably some of artifact traits may become skills.

some artifact abilities and traits will become talents/baseline skills, i can see demo lock ability as a baseline skill, since it fill the rotation rather nicely

10+ Year Old Account
    The only spec that revolves around artifact ability is Affliction that has actual meaningful mechanics tied to Reap.

For Destro and Demo - it's just a simple nuke that has no real effect on a gameplay whatsoever in the grand scheme of things, as the guy above said - they will either somehow transfer it to BfA or just hit delete. Though one caveat is that these abilities will likely be talents (IF they will be retained even), just like Phoenix Flame and that Ele Sham thing become talents.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-11-10 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The only spec that revolves around artifact ability is Affliction that has actual meaningful mechanics tied to Reap.

For Destro and Demo - it's just a simple nuke that has no real effect on a gameplay whatsoever in the grand scheme of things, as the guy above said - they will either somehow transfer it to BfA or just hit delete. Though one caveat is that these abilities will likely be talents (IF they will be retained even), just like Phoenix Flame and that Ele Sham thing become talents.
    It's not just the ability how much of a difference do some of the traits make?

Not just for warlocks but for all classes take your arty off and use one of the Argus weapons or level a brand new character and contrast fresh 110 vs all traits 110. The difference is staggering.

I'd actually go as far to say that some specs don't even work right without a considerable number of their traits.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post

Not just for warlocks but for all classes take your arty off and use one of the Argus weapons or level a brand new character and contrast fresh 110 vs all traits 110. The difference is staggering.

I'd actually go as far to say that some specs don't even work right without a considerable number of their traits.
    Still a numbers difference they can simply fix with a bump to values.

10+ Year Old Account

If you are talking about artifacts as a whole specifically then just like a guy above said - it's only numbers really. They can just roll all these increases into spells one way or another or just blanket buff everything by x%, bottom line specs functioned just fine before artifacts were a thing and they will keep doing so after artifacts will no longer be a thing, which is the moment we hit 120.

It will be the same thing as with WoD Ring - artifact traits will progressively lose power as we level and then stop working at max level. WoD ring also was a staggering DPS increase... and where is it now? Same with MoP cloak and so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It's not just numbers, some classes all of their sustainability is tied to traits (Arms Warrior for example) others most of their AE potential is once again traits (Aff lock). What I am saying is in a lot of cases the traits fundamentally change how the character plays in a variety of ways, seriously just go try it get you an Argus weapon and go hog wild you might be surprised just what you suddenly realise you will be missing.

It's not just numbers, some classes all of their sustainability is tied to traits (Arms Warrior for example) others most of their AE potential is once again traits (Aff lock). What I am saying is in a lot of cases the traits fundamentally change how the character plays in a variety of ways, seriously just go try it get you an Argus weapon and go hog wild you might be surprised just what you suddenly realise you will be missing.
    Aff traits negated by simply buffing the crap numerically out of seed of corruption.

Same goes for warrior sustainability. Nothing prevents them from changing skill facts baseline.

I like how artifacts introduced fun for the specs, but I hated how they locked you into a spec based on investment to that artifact.

Expansion is more than a year away, they'll hammer this out pretty soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, do you think they will just do "lol" and delete artifact weapons and do not tweak classes accordingly? For starters we getting a whole new talent row and there will be changes in talents and abilities as well to patch the deficiencies, people already took note of some stuff at Blizzcon and it was as early as it gets.

Here is the shortlist and this is just what people spotted there in demo, so obviously this is very partial and very early.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275396/b...the-demo-floor

- - - Updated - - -

The answer to thread here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/187671376?t=29m35s

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Again, do you think they will just do "lol" and delete artifact weapons and do not tweak classes accordingly? For starters we getting a whole new talent row and there will be changes in talents and abilities as well to patch the deficiencies, people already took note of some stuff at Blizzcon and it was as early as it gets.

Here is the shortlist and this is just what people spotted there in demo, so obviously this is very partial and very early.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275396/b...the-demo-floor

- - - Updated - - -

The answer to thread here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/187671376?t=29m35s
    Yes I do, because Blizz have a history of doing exactly that, "LOL that's gone we aren't replacing it with anything... well not until it's plain to a blind donkey that we need to give you something."

But I also know your history of posts so this is the last response you'll get, you are incapable of admitting you were wrong and incapable of seeing that the Devs in a lot of cases make absolutely horrific decisions and either gloss over it or retract it months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    No, numbers aren't enough.

Arms Warrior, for instance, works fairly well without traits. Most traits and stuff are just more procs that you already have baseline in your class, or more damage in stuff you would normally do (Battle Cry extra shadow DoT, colossus causing mortal strike to do more damage, etc)>

Shadow priest, in the other hand, feels like an empty class without traits. You barely produce Apparitions, you have no Tentacles Spawning (and tentacles generate Insanity, so do apparitions, so your Insanity generation starts to suck), you have no way to prolong your Void Form, which is what the whole Spec is based around...

At Blizzcon, they gave a weakened version of the Artifact Actives for a few classes...as a talent. That you often had to sacrifice something to get.

That's not nearly enough. Legion is already a majorly prunned expansion. Removing a lot of what makes rotations fluid and not giving anything back, FOR FREE (not as a talent that will compete with talents you already take), is simply not going to work.

My mind blast could do 200k damage when we have 15k. It's still going to feel weird to reach 30 stacks of voidform and flop.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    [...]
    You barely produce Apparitions, you have no Tentacles Spawning (and tentacles generate Insanity, so do apparitions, so your Insanity generation starts to suck), you have no way to prolong your Void Form, which is what the whole Spec is based around...
    Are you saying that adjusting numbers on all sorts of sources of insanity generation wouldn't fix this? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post

Arms Warrior, for instance, works fairly well without traits. Most traits and stuff are just more procs that you already have baseline in your class, or more damage in stuff you would normally do (Battle Cry extra shadow DoT, colossus causing mortal strike to do more damage, etc)>

Shadow priest, in the other hand, feels like an empty class without traits. You barely produce Apparitions, you have no Tentacles Spawning (and tentacles generate Insanity, so do apparitions, so your Insanity generation starts to suck), you have no way to prolong your Void Form, which is what the whole Spec is based around...

At Blizzcon, they gave a weakened version of the Artifact Actives for a few classes...as a talent. That you often had to sacrifice something to get.

That's not nearly enough. Legion is already a majorly prunned expansion. Removing a lot of what makes rotations fluid and not giving anything back, FOR FREE (not as a talent that will compete with talents you already take), is simply not going to work.

My mind blast could do 200k damage when we have 15k. It's still going to feel weird to reach 30 stacks of voidform and flop.

This is SO true about spriest. Once the artifact weapon is done you feel like you’re playing an entirely new class

Thing is, yes - numbers can be enough. You could take the most clunky, counter-intuitive build ... buff its numbers to be top dps, and everyone will be playing it. That's the long and the short of it. People who don't care about numbers will use a pared-down rotation anyway.

Of course we'd all prefer something that played smooth and felt natural. But ultimately it doesn't really matter ... they could just straight delete every artifact active and passive and just buff numbers, and while, yes, that would greatly affect how the rotation feels for some, it would quickly settle into a new normal.

But even that also doesn't matter because they will be porting over plenty of the abilities.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    God no. I hate that execute crap.
    Please explain to me how the demo TKC is an execute.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    If you need expanding then you are doing something wrong
    You make no sense... TKC - execute? k... if you say so.

lmao ok ay Sorrowful... I know that you're full of shit now

Homophobia is so gay.