Help: New build for gaming with a budget of 1500€

Hi, I'm from Germany and I'm looking for a new pc which will be the first one I will build myself. I'm not experienced in picking parts, so your help would be appreciated.

What I want is a pc that allows me to play Witcher 3 on high settings without any other applications in the background and MMO's like WoW on mid while being able to watch streams. If this goal can be easily reached with my budget I would like to exchange performance for a more silent build or maybe take parts that make future upgrades easier.

My current build inspired by another thread:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Thank your very much for your help

I took a better CPU and updated the build with the parts you were missing, the case I chose is noise dampening and is easy to work in. I would also advise a better CPU cooler but then we would be over budget.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor (€369.00 @ ARLT)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212X 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler (€36.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€113.41 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€202.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€92.33 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€47.78 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (€449.90 @ Caseking)
    Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (€99.90 @ Caseking)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€90.90 @ Caseking)
    Total: €1502.11
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-10 13:58 CET+0100

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I took a better CPU and updated the build with the parts you were missing, the case I chose is noise dampening and is easy to work in. I would also advise a better CPU cooler but then we would be over budget.
    Thanks
    Any CPU cooler suggestion? It should be pretty good, I'm living directly under the roof so it can get pretty hot here in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrxor View Post
    Thanks
    Any CPU cooler suggestion? It should be pretty good, I'm living directly under the roof so it can get pretty hot here in summer.
    The one he included is a great budget cooler that will be just fine. Some other options in the same price range are the Cryorig C7 and the be quiet! PURE ROCK.

If you want better cooling than that, I recommend the Noctua NH-D15. If you really want to get better than that you need to go water cooling, and not an AIO unless it's the kraken.

All-in-all though, the one he put in the build will be more than adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The one he included is a great budget cooler that will be just fine. Some other options in the same price range are the Cryorig C7 and the be quiet! PURE ROCK.

If you want better cooling than that, I recommend the Noctua NH-D15. If you really want to get better than that you need to go water cooling, and not an AIO unless it's the kraken.

All-in-all though, the one he put in the build will be more than adequate.
    All of those are inadequate for a OC'd 8600K. Leaving it stock is a waste of money.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    All of those are inadequate for a OC'd 8600K. Leaving it stock is a waste of money.
    What cooler would be adequate then? Or would you advise me to buy another CPU?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    You do get 400Mhz more clock than a non k, on the 7500 - 7600k and 7700-7700k it was worth the money. ($30 US)

Not so sure about now. My OCing days are over, I don't fret over it like I use to, old age simplifies life. Which is why I went 8700 over 8700k, as the 400 MHz wasnt worth the cost for me ($90.) when my 8700 runs at 4.3 all the time and boosts to 4.6 most of the time.

OT, the CM is a decent budget cooler and will work fine even OCing, If it were me, and this is my opinion, I would go with a little better cooler though.

Cryorig, Scythe Mugen is affordable and works well or the Noctua line. Even the NH-U14S is inexpensive and works very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on how much you want to spend on a cooler. Give us a dollar amount you would feel ok with on the cooler.

I think the 8600k is the better option at $60 more. It isn't like just getting a MHz boost, you also get the extra cores which is better for future proofing.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    You do get 400Mhz more clock than a non k, on the 7500 - 7600k and 7700-7700k it was worth the money. ($30 US)
    Depends on how much you want to spend on a cooler. Give us a dollar amount you would feel ok with on the cooler.
    First of all thanks for your input

I honestly don't know what exactly the benefits of better CPU cooler are. If it increases the life span I'm willing to pay up to 100$ as performance rarely has been my concern in the past. But if this is overkill for my build I will stick with your suggestion and get the NH-U14S.

15+ Year Old Account
    First of all thanks for your input

I honestly don't know what exactly the benefits of better CPU cooler are. If it increases the life span I'm willing to pay up to 100$ as performance rarely has been my concern in the past. But if this is overkill for my build I will stick with your suggestion and get the NH-U14S.
    Can never go wrong with Noctua, except that ugly ass fan, I did get the Chromax fan from Noctua for all my fans and the cover.
    Last edited by moremana; 2017-11-11 at 02:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just paint the fans black. Easy as hell.
    Im too lazy plus dem fumes makes me high!

I got the shroud today, yes on Sunday (Amazon FTW)

Makes the entire Noctua experience...different.

Pretty much any tower with decent 140mm fan for 8600K (Cryorig H5, NH-U14S, Thermalright True Spirit/Macho, Dark Rock 3, etc), water for 8700K. That's assuming you're pushing for a reasonably high overclock, which would allow it match 7th gen in singlethread performance.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B