BFA Druid Weapons

Anyone else hoping feral/bear will be able to use staves again come BFA? I personally don’t like us daggers on my feral and would love to get back to using a staff

I'm 50/50 on what I want for guardians, maybe leaning towards staves/polearms. For feral I hate the daggers. Looks ridiculous on taurens.

10+ Year Old Account
    OT: im going to be race changing to zandalari. Does anyone know any good trollish voodoo sets?
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Yes they will be. Druids can't dual wield. While they technically are for Legion, the feral/guardian weapons act more like staves mechanically.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Yes they will be. Druids can't dual wield. While they technically are for Legion, the feral/guardian weapons act more like staves mechanically.
    It took me like 6 months into Legion until I found out that our daggers actually work as a staff ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Cool i was actually not aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    OT: im going to be race changing to zandalari. Does anyone know any good trollish voodoo sets?
    Willing to bet that Heritage set will look awesome, especially on a nature-based class like Druid.

Also yes, you should be expecting Polearm/Staff at this point, unless they want to make an AGI 2h Mace which would ONLY be for Feral/Guardian (and we already have enough 2-spec weapons like AGI Daggers and non-Wand Ranged weapons, so don't expect it).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im hoping bears can use polearms again, absolutely sick of fist weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by Exerionx View Post
    It took me like 6 months into Legion until I found out that our daggers actually work as a staff ;o
    lel dow did you fount it up?

What are you all talking about? We never stopped being able to use them. We just didn't get any for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    lel dow did you fount it up?
    It's just how they're coded. In order to avoid having to redo all the conversions from 2hs to paws, Blizzard just made the daggers/fists "turn into" a staff in terms of weapon damage calculations while in cat/bear form(and are then turned into "paws", as before Legion). It's not really relevant to anybody who isn't doing spec-related math, however, so not a lot of people are aware of it.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-11-16 at 12:49 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's just how they're coded. In order to avoid having to redo all the conversions from 2hs to paws, Blizzard just made the daggers/fists "turn into" a staff in terms of weapon damage calculations while in cat/bear form(and are then turned into "paws", as before Legion). It's not really relevant to anybody who isn't doing spec-related math, however, so not a lot of people are aware of it.
    I wish they would carry this forward so feral could use fist weapons. It isn't like people are clamouring for them on the loot table as is.

Its odd that people say they dislike daggers/claws when you never see them outside of standing around in cities out of form or viewing items in the wardrobe(that you also won't see other than idling in cities)

I mean in another thread people argue that ferals/guardians shouldn't get glyphs to remove forms, while in this thread people complain about daggers/claws that nobody ever sees

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Its odd that people say they dislike daggers/claws when you never see them outside of standing around in cities out of form or viewing items in the wardrobe(that you also won't see other than idling in cities)

I mean in another thread people argue that ferals/guardians shouldn't get glyphs to remove forms, while in this thread people complain about daggers/claws that nobody ever sees
    You think it is odd that people like myself dont like being forced to transmog into daggers when I have spent the past 10 years collecting staves/polearns for transmog?

OT: of course we are goong back to using staves/polearms. Survival hunters will still be around, and they need more specs that can even use those weapons.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    You think it is odd that people like myself dont like being forced to transmog into daggers when I have spent the past 10 years collecting staves/polearns for transmog?

OT: of course we are goong back to using staves/polearms. Survival hunters will still be around, and they need more specs that can even use those weapons.
    Yes I do find it odd, because nobody ever sees your transmog anyway? Each to their own, I just don't see how anyone could care less about what weapon they use in feral/bear when it's invisible for all but idling in a city out of form....

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Not like we have a choice, we can't actually dual wield, so we have to use 2h.