Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yea elune seems to be something akin to a void lord (void god?) but on the side of creation.
    I find it curious that Naaru magic is often pure yellow light akin to the Sun, but Elune always uses the blue moonlight.

Her constant ties to the Moon is what i find interesting... why Moon and its light specifically?
    Moonlight is, in our universe, the sunlight reflected upon the moons surface.

What if Elune herself is a reflection of something?
    Perhaps she is something between a "void lord" and a "light lord"?

Either a mix of both or perhaps in a phase where she moves from one side to the other, similar to how naaru can change between light and void?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Her constant ties to the Moon is what i find interesting... why Moon and its light specifically?
    Moonlight is, in our universe, the sunlight reflected upon the moons surface.
    Yeah that's what bugs me as well - for if she is able to incarnate as moon and directly interfere in Azeroth shouldn't the void lords be able to do that too? Like "what about the black hole over there?"

Then again I guess Elune is older than Naaru and void lords as part of warcraft lore. So she might have some special traits to make her "new role" possible.

Malorne had sex with a windchime and created Cenarius.

I just... what?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Malorne had sex with a windchime and created Cenarius.

I just... what?
    You just wrote down the overall plot of a 200-page bit of "erotic" fanfiction is what.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    In my opinion, it's been all but blatantly stated in Legion that Elune is some sort of Light Lord equivalent of the Void Lords, as others have said in this thread.

Basically Elune is to Naaru as Void Lords are to Old Gods.

There's a lot of evidence in Legion, especially, backing this up, so if/when we see an expansion about Void Lords (Probably WoW's last expansion) we will most likely meet Elune.
    Pretty much this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    elves are now the favored race by warcraft's current team of hacks so why not.
    Thats why their home is destroyed and they are driven out of the continent they inhabited and defended for 10.000 years by a bunch of demon corrupted or undead monsters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Thats why their home is destroyed and they are driven out of the continent they inhabited and defended for 10.000 years by a bunch of demon corrupted or undead monsters?
    why does reading your posts make it seem like crying happens while reading it?

If you missed what I said, I said ELVES, as in ALL ELVES, Elves in general, night elves, blood elves, Highbourne, Nightfallen, void elves.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    I thought Elune was just a made up deity and isn't actually real
    Glad to hear you never completed Val'sharah. Don't bother, it's difficult and tedious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post

No, that's your twisted way of considering them 'favoured'. Orcs are blizzard's baby, followed by the undead, always have been and always will be.
    nope, thats just YOUR take on things. You see how I can use your same argument right back at you? I mean you don't have much proof where as I can show you multiple elves races playable, and undead elf being warchief of the horde, three of the zones in legion being elf based, and even the now ex chief of warcrafts creation, metzen, once saying malfurion was is favorite character, not thrall like people assumed because he voiced him.
    #boycottchina

Isn't Elune like the actual "God" of this universe (like Eru Iluvatar in Lord of the Rings)

If I had to guess, Elune is basically a Light Lord, the direct counter to the Void Lords, and the Naaru are basically the Old Gods of the Light. I mean honestly, look at the comparison: both are casually flying through the cosmos and attempt to recruit anything they come into contact with (the Light recruiting the Draenei, humans, elves, etc while the Void recruits the Aqir, Nerubians, Klaxxi, etc) and both created as physical manifestations of deities that can't come into contact with our universe directly for extended periods of time. That's the big part that matches up; the cutscene with Ysera would be the very short term and temporary manifestation that was also allowed of the Void Lords in Chronicle.