Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Well the 3 biggest buffs Shaman historically have had was Windfury Totem, Bloodlust, and Totem of Wrath.

Bloodlust already exists and has been given out to classes and drums have been morphed into a weaker version of Bloodlust so this one is null.

Windfury seems like it would just be a mess to me, melee dps have already moved away from auto attacks doing a heavy percentage of total dps so this would probably feel underwhelming if it was reimplemented as it was. A

Totem of Wrath would be my ideal choice but seeing as how they merged spell damage with intellect and Mages already have that iconic buff so that wouldn't work. I feel like it would be a nice return of form for Shamans to become the king of buffs again doing not 1 but 2 buffs. Instead of the 5% buff that most classes got I would say 2.5% buff to Int, Str, and Agi as well as 2.5% crit. (The first version of Totem of Wrath didn't give spellpower, it was a 3% hit and 3% crit buff, the Air totem was the one giving spell damage and healing. In WOTLK it was changed to be the spellpower totem. So this is a jumble of both iterations of the spell)
    totem of wrath as an aura like "Flames of Wrath" or something is most likely

Like the Diablo Convention of Elements!

Totem of Elements
    Drop a totem that cycles through damage types (Fire, Frost, Nature, Arcane, Shadow, Holy, Physical), increasing their damage by 10% for 8 seconds each.

Might create a weird dynamic of people pausing their cooldowns to line up with their 8 seconds of buffed damage. Ya know, or..not..

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaeron View Post
    What if we had a buff that was unique (perhaps the crit one) but also have the ability to substitute other classes' buffs. Also it could be centered on us, not requiring the need to drop totems once every 100 yards.
    As an example of our multi-elemental nature, we could be a jack of all trades:
    Living Totem
    You give out a multi-coloured aura that gives your party and raid members X stat. You can toggle the aura between X/Y/Z... stats.
    I don't believe it's too broken.
    Why should our buff be tied to such a weak mechanic like totems? Back at the beginning, we had nearly no buffs (group or single buffs) and it worked because shamans had very powerful ones.

But now, giving us a buff that is tied to a totem (at best with a small range) is crap. I want to have it like everyone else, just passively active.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimpse View Post
    Like the Diablo Convention of Elements!

Totem of Elements
    Drop a totem that cycles through damage types (Fire, Frost, Nature, Arcane, Shadow, Holy, Physical), increasing their damage by 10% for 8 seconds each.

Might create a weird dynamic of people pausing their cooldowns to line up with their 8 seconds of buffed damage. Ya know, or..not..
    Please no, I don't want to play around Convention of the Elements in two games.

Stood in the Fire
    Won't happen, the game is basically balanced around having lust every raid boss, it needs to be more common than on only one class.
    To be fair, that was the point of doing 20m mythic, as well as drums existing.

Ideally, I'd like shaman to be the wildcard class. The one that doesn't get a unique buff, but could be the filler if you are missing something else. This would go back to shaman's roots. I have played an ENH shaman since I started in warcraft. Buffing is kind of in my character's name as "enhancement". If they can't think of just one buff that we can bring, let us have the choice of all or most of them, but only allowed to use one at a time. It wouldn't be fair if the shaman class just passively had all 11 other buffs, but if we could just have 1, I think that would be a great solution and give a bit of flexibility to raids. No matter what though, if shaman don't bring a buff at all, I'm going to be pissed as, again, I'm an enhancement shaman. I should be enhancing the raid somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Please no, I don't want to play around Convention of the Elements in two games.
    In D3 it's very unhealthy gameplay. I know it makes some fun, but too many builds evolve around gameplay like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Ideally, I'd like shaman to be the wildcard class. The one that doesn't get a unique buff, but could be the filler if you are missing something else. This would go back to shaman's roots. I have played an ENH shaman since I started in warcraft. Buffing is kind of in my character's name as "enhancement". If they can't think of just one buff that we can bring, let us have the choice of all or most of them, but only allowed to use one at a time. It wouldn't be fair if the shaman class just passively had all 11 other buffs, but if we could just have 1, I think that would be a great solution and give a bit of flexibility to raids. No matter what though, if shaman don't bring a buff at all, I'm going to be pissed as, again, I'm an enhancement shaman. I should be enhancing the raid somehow
    Wtf....

So in an ideal case, you can just skip the shaman because he offers nothing?

In reverse, 5 shamans could replace 5 classes, which might be counteracting the idea of class buffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    In D3 it's very unhealthy gameplay. I know it makes some fun, but too many builds evolve around gameplay like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf....

So in an ideal case, you can just skip the shaman because he offers nothing?

In reverse, 5 shamans could replace 5 classes, which might be counteracting the idea of class buffs...
    Or you could just be more reasonable with how I posted it. I'm saying rather than try and come up with a 12th buff, I'd be happy if they didn't offer us anything unique and just gave us the ability to be a filler. I don't want to be brought to a raid simply because without a shaman they can't have X, but at the same time, if X class isn't available, but a shaman is, the raid isn't screwed out of the buff. It was a suggestion. This thread is discussing what could be done with shaman and the BFA buffs. I don't want to be in a situation where shaman are not providing anything where other classes are. They could do this with paladin too if they wanted. They want to go back to the "roots" of Warcraft, afterall. Have 10 unique buffs with paladin and shaman being the fillers. That way 10 man raiding still gets all available buffs. Yes, there are lots of 10 man raid groups still. I really don't see why they need 12 unique buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Or you could just be more reasonable with how I posted it. I'm saying rather than try and come up with a 12th buff, I'd be happy if they didn't offer us anything unique and just gave us the ability to be a filler. I don't want to be brought to a raid simply because without a shaman they can't have X, but at the same time, if X class isn't available, but a shaman is, the raid isn't screwed out of the buff. It was a suggestion. This thread is discussing what could be done with shaman and the BFA buffs. I don't want to be in a situation where shaman are not providing anything where other classes are. They could do this with paladin too if they wanted. They want to go back to the "roots" of Warcraft, afterall. Have 10 unique buffs with paladin and shaman being the fillers. That way 10 man raiding still gets all available buffs. Yes, there are lots of 10 man raid groups still. I really don't see why they need 12 unique buffs.
    Back to the roots would be powerful buffs.

I'd be fine with some crit or whatever. I don't think those buffs are supposed to be interesting mechanics. They are just there to let you pick one of any class.

And the filler idea is just the worst. That's not something historical. Shamans had the most powerful buffs and all of them were unique.