Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    High Overlord
    After the butcher job Bliz did to the other specs, ya'll actually think SV would have been the same spec you played before if it stayed range?

lol ok

Quote Originally Posted by Hyxi View Post
    After the butcher job Bliz did to the other specs, ya'll actually think SV would have been the same spec you played before if it stayed range?

lol ok
    "We were going to fuck it up anyway so we might as well fuck it up as much as possible". Not a good defence.

Also, even if the quality of the spec were reduced, recovering from that would have been far easier than recovering from the current situation. ANY decision moving forward is going to be ridden with downsides, from keeping the current format of the class to remaking ranged Survival in any way (either as a replacement to existing Survival or as a 4th spec/part of MM). Making Survival melee = class design team backing themselves into a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Anyone who denies that SV going melee is an attack on the class and is still striving to achieve reconciliation between melee Survival and ranged Hunters with hopes to break the stigma and gain acceptance for Survival should read posts like these and realise the futility of their position.
    I never intended to have any sort of reconciliation between ranged and SV hunters. And neither are you. I couldn't care less if SV is ranged or melee as long as the spec is fun to play for me.
    Current SV is fun. Old SV was not. To me. That is all that matters. I guess you will continue to go into every single SV thread and cry about it as you have done since SV melee was revealed.
    And I have to admit, the collective wailing of you crybabies are equal part amusing and annoying.

In any case. SV could do with some changes. I wont list exact things, but for the feel of it, a good start would have been making the mastery actually useful to further increase the importance of the pet.
    I do find it somewhat silly that I'd drop caltrops and exploding traps beneath my own feet.
    The mongoose mechanic I'm fine with.
    Mok'nathal is fine. Feels really really weird playing without it when you get used to it.

All in all I think what it needs is mostly minor things as it currently stands.
    Last edited by Ashmiel; Yesterday at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmiel View Post
    I never intended to have any sort of reconciliation between ranged and SV hunters.
    I'm sure you don't, and I'm sure most Survival Hunters share the same "Fuck you, got mine" selfish attitude that you do. The point is that you have Survival Hunters and their sympathisers trying to mend their reputation with the class and act like the spec is beneficial to the rest of the class. Your post is helpful counter-evidence of that.