Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you play with sounds??

Been listening to some of the amazing voices in WoW, and it made me think of sounds in game. I never player wow with sounds on unless I raid. How many of you actually play with sound? Do you listen to youtube, or music instead?
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    Been listening to some of the amazing voices in WoW, and it made me think of sounds in game. I never player wow with sounds on unless I raid. How many of you actually play with sound? Do you listen to youtube, or music instead?
    Oh, you're in for a treat.

When I used to raid, I played WoW with sounds, though lowered. Then I have music in the background and a movie running on the screen next to me while having raid voice chat running.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Experiencing WoW without its soundtrack is practically a crime. Heck, I'm usually listening to it when I'm not playing WoW thanks to this guy. I've also got those engineering music boxes for times when I want something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I can't play games without their sound turned on... with it off it makes me lack concentration.

i prefer to have sound on, although lowered if i am using voice chat

music i also tend to have on.. personal music or in game music, depends on how i am feeling

only time I turn the sound off is if I'm on voice chat and that's because I have difficulty separating sounds

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ofc.

I dont understand how some people are able to play with sounds off.
    The sounds are a part of the experience... Though I usually listen to my own music instead of the in-game one... but sometimes I like to enjoy the whole package, too.

And when it comes to single-player games I always listen to the in-game music, as it's part of the immersion (Skyrim, Witcher 3 etc...)

Funny thing is I often listen to soundtracks from other games than the one I'm playing. I also like to listen to game soundtracks while I'm working.

I mostly play with sound open and i feel excited with it. Amazing graphics, excited sound thrilled me and that is what keep me busy. Right now i am playing Super Smash Flash at http://www.friv.plus/super-smash-flash-2.

Sounds have to be on. I cannot play without them.

All sounds off, esp. the music; Distracting me much.

Wow at least sounds are almost always on, unless i do something repetitive, then sounds off and some series or movie on the side

Most of the time I do play games with sounds...

5+ Year Old Account
    Always with sounds.. NFS hot pursuit

Deleted
    Personal music or in game music, depends on how i am feeling.

Ingame sounds for sure! I haven't been playing WoW for about 8 months now. But I still listen to the zone music while I'm at work. Grizzly Hills is great as someone already mentioned.

Highmountain is great, as is Nagrand (both versoins), Mists of Pandaria login medley, Thunder Bluff theme... just to name a few. And we even had the Karazhan music playing while we signed our documents when we got married.

Only when im raiding. Doing world quests and such i usually just listen to a personal playlist or have a stream on the 2nd monitor. I always play with sounds on for the first month or so after an expansion release for the full experience.

I've tried to play WoW and some other games with sounds off and some music on background, but it just doesn't work for me. Depending on the situation and game I might tone down the volume or switch between speakers/headphones, but never with fully muted sounds.

Deleted
    listening to youtube becouse grinding is way too booring... something is wrong with my spare time

I always play with the sound on and set on high. Why should the neighbors miss out on the gaming fun :P

YES. Especially on mobile games, I need to hear the satisfying sounds.

I can be functioning half-asleep, subconsciously, and still hear the nice sounds caressing my ears.
    Last edited by Ashleyxoxo; 2018-03-20 at 04:23 PM.