Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

New home for Night Elves and Undead?

Where do you think the Night Elves and Undead will end up settling once they've been pushed out of their homes?

Considering the point of them losing their old homes was to split the factions between the continents the night elves would need to end up in Eastern Kingdoms and the Undead would need to end up on Kelimdor.

Theramore for the Foresaken. Its a big crater just waiting to be rebuilt into something else in a really great location tactically. The swamp around it also i think would work well with the undead theme and the has always been some undead in Dustwallow Marsh.

Seradane for the Nightelves. Its a pretty safe location with the undead being pushed out of Lorderon. The world tree has some elf ruins scattered around it. Close by is the home of the Wild Hammer dwarfs and to the north is the Argent Crusade so it would give some good security in terms of tactical location. Everything to the right of it as well is just unused mountains so it would give the devs a lot of room to tweak it and flesh it out into a place the night elves could turn into a capital and have some access to docks.

I also did consider maybe Dalaran crater becoming a new home for the night elves.
    Last edited by Teerack; 2017-11-07 at 03:29 PM.

No idea what blizzard will do, but from what I've been reading on forums, the best ideas so far are Forsaken taking over all of the human strongholds in Kalimdor, including Theramore. Kalimdor is a big place and many night elf zones fully opened up now for Forsaken, Highmountain (who'd love Hyjal and Stonetalon) , also for nightborne who can easily take their ancestral empire lands. Kalimdor also belongs to the nightborne too you know.

And Night elves taking over the Broken Isles. You can't really fit a group that spanned 8 Kalimdor zones in tiny Seradane which is part of a dwarven/high elf territory. It does seem the logical if unexpected thing for blizzard to stick them in their original ancient homeland (they do all come from Suramar afterall)

The more realistic alternative is however being refugees with the Draenei on Azuremyst, you are in for disappointment if you keep thinking grand when it comes to night elves on the alliance. The only time they are not remotely losers is when they are neutral.

The Whispering Forest in Tirsfal Grove could work for the Night Elves since it was the place the Quel'dorei originally tried to settle in but started to go insane. In the Legion order halls we found out it was Zakajz the Corrupter imprisoned under ground, but since then Xal'atath completely consumed what was left of him and then the paladin's destroyed the tomb, so it should now be a safe place to settle. And them adding a lot of old Quel'Dorei ruins to the area for the night elves to reclaim and build up would also make sense with the lore we do have about the zone. There is also the fey dragons and mushroom ring that people always speculated where some kind of druid magic helping to keep what was under Tirsfal(Zakajz) at bay

I also kind of like the idea of the Elves having such close borders to each other now
    Last edited by Teerack; 2017-11-07 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    The Whispering Forest in Tirsfal Grove could work for the Night Elves since it was the place the Quel'dorei originally tried to settle in but started to go insane. In the Legion order halls we found out it was Zakajz the Corrupter imprisoned under ground, but since then Xal'atath completely consumed what was left of him and then the paladin's destroyed the tomb, so it should now be a safe place to settle. And them adding a lot of old Quel'Dorei ruins to the area for the night elves to reclaim and build up would also make sense with the lore we do have about the zone. There is also the fey dragons and mushroom ring that people always speculated where some kind of druid magic helping to keep what was under Tirsfal(Zakajz) at bay
    Come on dude, THINK. You're not going to place a race that spanned 8 zones in a section of a zone that is a major human /worgen hub. There are no realistic options for them though. And though Broken Isles fits, I don't see them removing the Nightborne or Highmountain from there. NElves can crash with the Draenei

7+ Year Old Account
    the night elves will just go back to mount hyjal.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Which is part of Kalimdor and is fully horde controlled. The nightborne will take control of Hyjal and the Well of Eternity, and finally we shall see some serious use of it.
    Last edited by Mace; 2017-11-07 at 05:00 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Nelves crash in Gilneas. Hey, they let the Worgen bogart their couches for an expansion or two, after all...

The Forsaken will probably take up residence in a rebuilt Theramore. We're gonna need another port, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The Nelves crash in Gilneas. Hey, they let the Worgen bogart their couches for an expansion or two, after all...

The Forsaken will probably take up residence in a rebuilt Theramore. We're gonna need another port, after all.
    Sheesh, how many times must I repeat this.... you cannot fit a race that spanned 8 zones into a portion of one zone. There are many more night elves than there are Worgen refugees that were housed in Teldrassil. At least with Azuremyst its 2 zones. They can crash there.

i think they will use the same technology they did for dustwallow marsh and theramore, where you can go trought time and have theramore still ingame, i think i read somewhere that the same tech will be used for silithus after the events of antorus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Which is part of Kalimdor...which is now Horde controlled...
    I dont get this, Just cause it showed some red and blue Horde are not taking over tanaris and winterspring for example as they are already owned by neutral factions, just as you wont just grab Hiyal. Horde is not stupid enough enough to piss of both steamwheedle and cenarion circle
    Just as the alliance wont get the plaguelands, Dont wanna piss of the Argent Crusade

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Sheesh, how many times must I repeat this.... you cannot fit a race that spanned 8 zones into a portion of one zone. There are many more night elves than there are Worgen refugees that were housed in Teldrassil. At least with Azuremyst its 2 zones. They can crash there.
    A race that spanned 8 zones -sparsely-. In small numbers of 12-13 here and there with another half dozen patrolling sentinels riding between the settlements.

Plus they probably lost a ton of people to the torching of Teldrassil. And have you -seen- Gilneas? MASSIVE. About as big as Suramar if not bigger. You could fit 'em all in.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wasn’t there a thread that dusk wood was pretty much wiped out? Seems like a good place for the night elfs if that’s true got a dream portal and every thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    A race that spanned 8 zones -sparsely-. In small numbers of 12-13 here and there with another half dozen patrolling sentinels riding between the settlements.

Plus they probably lost a ton of people to the torching of Teldrassil. And have you -seen- Gilneas? MASSIVE. About as big as Suramar if not bigger. You could fit 'em all in.
    If that's the arguement, then they might as well fit them in Suramar instead - afterall that is ancient night elf land and they all ived in the very same city and region once before.

If you fit them in Gilneas, where would the Worgen go? There isn't enough room there, they have to put them somewhere else. Broken Isles is out of the question, that leaves Azuremyst Isles. Lordaeron is not going to be established to be an elven realm, it's Alliance birth place. Humans want it back, Worgen have been fighting for it. Night Elves don't fit there. The only place they remotely fit outside Kalimdor/Broken Isles is Azuremyst.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well... for Undead it has to be something dark and spooky, otherwise i'm prob not gonna like it very much

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Well... for Undead it has to be something dark and spooky, otherwise i'm prob not gonna like it very much
    Theramore, Dustswallow Marsh, Desolace, and all the other human settlements that were in Kalimdor.

Come on dude, THINK. You're not going to place a race that spanned 8 zones in a section of a zone that is a major human /worgen hub. There are no realistic options for them though. And though Broken Isles fits, I don't see them removing the Nightborne or Highmountain from there. NElves can crash with the Draenei
    Why don't you THINK? :P Things change after they are updated...

Just compare any horde town before and after cata there was a massive change in so many. If an entire race who have been living close to nature and are famous for their ability to shape the grow the land are suddenly displayed it would make complete sense for them to be able to rebuild and turn an empty grove into a new home.

They also did a good job at making the night elves and worgen close to each other so them being close to gilneas like that would also add to it with them being able to aid each other as neighbors.
    Last edited by Teerack; 2017-11-08 at 12:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Pretty much this and I can see that a Battlefront Hyal will be added to the game.

Hyjal is the safest bet since it is so sacret for Nelfs they't rather die than forsaken it and since Nelfs are not patched out, they will probably have their alliance bastion there , same as teh Horde has its at quel thalas.

Which is part of Kalimdor and is fully horde controlled. The nightborne will take control of Hyjal and the Well of Eternity, and finally we shall see some serious use of it.
    First, the Horde does not have the resources or troops to "fully" control Kalimdor. They burned down Teldrassil, that doesn't mean they have the forces to control the entire northern side of the continent. Hyjal, Winterspring, and Moon Glade are all locations the Horde would have difficult assaulting. Not to mention that after Teldrassil, I can't imagine the Cenarion Circle is particularly happy with them, and assaulting Hyjal or Moon Glade would mean a direct confrontation with the Circle, the Ancients, and the Green Dragonflight.

Not exactly the best choice when they are already engaged with a very dangerous opponent.

Second, you mistakenly assume that the Nightborne joining the Horde means that the entirety of Suramar is joining. That is incredibly unlikely. It will almost certainly be a small splinter group under Silgryn who joins, nowhere near enough to take control of a mountain that, again, is defended by the Night Elves, Cenarion Circle, Green flight and Ancients.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hyjal is a nonoption for expansion launch at the very least.

The Devs have said that, aside from the islands on the wrong sides of the sea, the Horde will control ALL of Kalimdor, while the Alliance will control ALL of the Eastern Kingdoms.

The Nelves slipping off to Hyjal makes no sense in light of that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    First, the Horde does not have the resources or troops to "fully" control Kalimdor. They burned down Teldrassil, that doesn't mean they have the forces to control the entire northern side of the continent. Hyjal, Winterspring, and Moon Glade are all locations the Horde would have difficult assaulting. Not to mention that after Teldrassil, I can't imagine the Cenarion Circle is particularly happy with them, and assaulting Hyjal or Moon Glade would mean a direct confrontation with the Circle, the Ancients, and the Green Dragonflight.

Not exactly the best choice when they are already engaged with a very dangerous opponent.

Second, you mistakenly assume that the Nightborne joining the Horde means that the entirety of Suramar is joining. That is incredibly unlikely. It will almost certainly be a small splinter group under Silgryn who joins, nowhere near enough to take control of a mountain that, again, is defended by the Night Elves, Cenarion Circle, Green flight and Ancients.
    Blizzard confirmed that the Horde controls all of Kalimdor sans Azuremyst, and the Alliance controls all of EK sans Quel'thalas.