Deleted

[PROT] Just picked up Sephuz's Secret. When is it beneficial?

So far I've been using KJ's Burning Wish and Soul Of The Highlord. Both been really solid, KJ's especially since I've only really been doing world stuff and dungeons so far.

Sephuz's Secret is rather underwhelming, but I can see it's appeal when it can be proc'd consistently. That said, is it really a replacement to either Soul or KJ's in any end-game situation? I figured that maybe the passive stat boost can be better than KJ's on boss encounters with few adds if I can get a good replacement trinket. Really struggling to see any worth on dungeons though, the reliability of Soul just feels too good and I'd be hard pressed to give up KJ's for dungeons.

Can't I wasn't disappointed to get this and not something to replace KJ's for solo encounters, but I might as well try and find situations to use it if I have it.

Also, does it proc off of low level mobs? The speed boost might make mog grinding a bit quicker!

Thanks!

Sephuz is amazing for dungeons as Avenger's Shield will almost always proc it when it is off CD, even if it doesn't interrupt. A basic rule is if the mob has the ability to be silenced, hitting it with Avenger's Shield will proc Sephuz. More Sephuz procs means more ShotR usage and lower cds for all abilities in your rotation. It's a very strong legendary for prot as a whole.

On bosses where it cannot be proc'd it is much less powerful, but still provides 2% haste at all times which is good for mitigation.

EDIT: Coulda swore the title said Ret. All about that below.

If you have good trinkets to replace the KJ, using Sephuz is preferable especially in situations where you can constantly proc it and keep the up-time up.

I prefer to use Soul/Sephuz as you can reliably proc Sephuz every 30 seconds in most Mythic+ dungeons, swapping Sephuz to the belt for bosses. The bonus haste really lets you throw out a lot of dstorms in a short time, and the internal cd is done or close to done when you get to the next pack. As for the trinket, Umbral Warglaives from Sisters is the best replacement if burst aoe damage is what you're looking for.

Sephuz is also pretty good in most solo content for the same reasons its good in dungeons, and I like to use it in pvp as well for the speed boost and extra burst
    Last edited by mmmmmmmBacon; 2017-11-14 at 04:13 AM.

I actually use Saruan's Resolve and Pillars of Inmost Light for pretty much everything at this point, simply because they've become a part of my playing style. Anyway, Sephuz is, as bacon mentioned, very good for mythics and solo play, but there aren't any encounters in Tomb of Sargeras where it's particularly useful compared to other legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    A basic rule is if the mob has the ability to be silenced, hitting it with Avenger's Shield will proc Sephuz.
    I had no Idea it could work like that! That's fantastic.

I'll push to replace KJ's then so I can swap it out at will and keep Sephuz for bosses until I get a better replacement legendary.

Thank you both for the great info!