Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Who claimed the 16 kills were before Naxx? Why are you claiming things out of your ass now? Oh wait, same as all Naxx dropping 92 ilvl gear right?

Cant read, can you? I claimed a mix of 10 Rank14s and Rank13 in our guild, from the server cause thats how many we had, or you could learn to read, back to first grade.
    The words "up to" are really hard to understand appareantly. But keep evading man, ill add you to ignore now.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    The words "up to" are really hard to understand appareantly. But keep evading man, ill add you to ignore now.
    There we go, good boy giving up, back to private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmyaccount View Post
    Just wondering - what happens when the content is cleared (yes, it will take months to gear up), and everyone is decked out in T3?

What are the actual plans for these servers long-term?
    It will take months to level. Months to gear in dungeons/attune. Months to gear in MC. Months to gear in BWL etc. etc.. aside from pve it will take a long time to grind pvp rank
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Indefinitely... I am sure the hardcore and old-school enthusiasts will enjoy it, whom amount to a fair bit of people judging by the Private Servers scene.

I'll probably dabble in it myself when I'm done with my daily routine in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmyaccount View Post
    Just wondering - what happens when the content is cleared (yes, it will take months to gear up), and everyone is decked out in T3?

What are the actual plans for these servers long-term?
    depends on very important decision they make - they have generaly 3 paths they can follow:

1) sterver stays the same foerver and if they release TBC you will be able to copy your vanilla char to TBC server

2)it will be progression server meaning you start with vanilla and then after some time 2-3 years server changes to TBC you progress further and they release new vanilal servers

3)classic fails utterly and horribly so they just slowly merge more and more servers untill they just keep 1 server forever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Indefinitely... I am sure the hardcore and old-school enthusiasts will enjoy it, whom amount to a fair bit of people judging by the Private Servers scene.

I'll probably dabble in it myself when I'm done with my daily routine in retail.
    eventually you will have a routine in there too - it will be whether to log in for Naxx fast zerg clear to farm t3 on all alts or dont.

yes it wil be 2-3 years into its life but it will happen eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if I wasn't using a vendor or PvP weapon of some kind. I was trying to remember the healing weapons from back then for paladins and everything I think of is just a big fat nope of never saw it.
    Depends how far you were, AQ20 1 hand mace probably? Or ZG 1 hand mace?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    It will take months to level. Months to gear in dungeons/attune. Months to gear in MC. Months to gear in BWL etc. etc.. aside from pve it will take a long time to grind pvp rank
    It won't really, depends how they roll it out.
    Months for leveling was when people where new to the game and didn't know what to do.
    If they release vanilla as in "1.0" it will take some significant time to level but nowhere near months with the knowledge people have now.
    BWL can also be done when a decent amount of your raid is in MC gear, won't take months farming MC (only part that will take some time is farming the FR gear for ragnaros).
    If they release ZG from the get-go and not in a patch (like in original vanilla) you can also go straight in there with your dungeon set and skip a large part of the gearing process through MC.

It's all going to depend on how they release the whole thing. If it's patch-by-patch it's obviously going to take a long time. If they release it all at once i can see the most dedicated having cleared Naxx40 after 2-3 months with splitfarming AQ40 (the content is not that hard at all, by nowadays standards most of the raid mechanics are laughable, just some bosses are gear cockblocks but with splitfarming that should go pretty fast even).

Quote Originally Posted by Kramrad View Post
    Naxxramas isnt even gear though, sure you need to be geared but some if the mechanics are just insane, Thaddius, Gothik, Four Horsemen...it was all nuts
    Jesus christ? Really? Insane? Im not sheriff srs.

You see a lot of those mechanics in dungeons now a days. It was tight tuning is all. It was number crunching , no more , no less.

Gothik - Kill adds on one side, kill adds on other side.
    Thaddius - Red = run to right side, Blue = run to left side
    Four Horsemen? Marry-go-round

It was all ABOUT gear and even then they were tuned so high that you took damage at levels that you did in the wrath version. Please, PLEASE, quit acting like vanilla was mechanically hard. It was not.

In fact, thinking through all of the fights, I can really only come up with a couple that you can even say had "advanced" mechanics.

Nefarian - "choose you" class stuff.
    Twin Emps - Warlock Tanking + teleport + unbalancing strike + dealing with scarabs

Other than these 2 fights, I cannot remember many if at all that were more than 2-3 things and stance dancing.
    Last edited by Tonkaden; 2017-11-14 at 02:08 PM.

Months for leveling was when people where new to the game and didn't know what to do.
    If they release vanilla as in "1.0" it will take some significant time to level but nowhere near months with the knowledge people have now.
    BWL can also be done when a decent amount of your raid is in MC gear, won't take months farming MC (only part that will take some time is farming the FR gear for ragnaros).
    If they release ZG from the get-go and not in a patch (like in original vanilla) you can also go straight in there with your dungeon set and skip a large part of the gearing process through MC.

It's all going to depend on how they release the whole thing. If it's patch-by-patch it's obviously going to take a long time. If they release it all at once i can see the most dedicated having cleared Naxx40 after 2-3 months with splitfarming AQ40 (the content is not that hard at all, by nowadays standards most of the raid mechanics are laughable, just some bosses are gear cockblocks but with splitfarming that should go pretty fast even).
    On recent private servers I think the average player would be around 7 days played to get to lvl 60. Now, it depends heavily on what demographic you're thinking of, but I'll use myself as a reference. I have a 37 hour job, and a girlfriend. No real set activities out of that, and I would be levelling by doing quests, and dungeons a single time during levelling, which should set me in the 7 days played range. With my schedule, I would probably average out about 6 hours every day. That means it would still take me about a month to get to max level.

6 hours each and every day is still quite the dedication, and I suspect many people won't have the time for this, meaning we are potentially talking months still for some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackeith View Post
    On recent private servers I think the average player would be around 7 days played to get to lvl 60. Now, it depends heavily on what demographic you're thinking of, but I'll use myself as a reference. I have a 37 hour job, and a girlfriend. No real set activities out of that, and I would be levelling by doing quests, and dungeons a single time during levelling, which should set me in the 7 days played range. With my schedule, I would probably average out about 6 hours every day. That means it would still take me about a month to get to max level.

6 hours each and every day is still quite the dedication, and I suspect many people won't have the time for this, meaning we are potentially talking months still for some people.
    Yeah you are right about the average joe going to take a long time, question is if the average joe will play vanilla and not get bored really fast though, we'll have to see.
    Progression-oriented players will be at level cap after 1-2 real weeks.

The record for 1-60 pre-tbc was 4 days 20 hours /played, that was with a guy who prepped for it though and did several tries.
    6-7 days /played sounds about right for someone serious about leveling fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Jesus christ? Really? Insane? Im not sheriff srs.

You see a lot of those mechanics in dungeons now a days. It was tight tuning is all. It was number crunching , no more , no less.

Gothik - Kill adds on one side, kill adds on other side.
    Thaddius - Red = run to right side, Blue = run to left side
    Four Horsemen? Marry-go-round

It was all ABOUT gear and even then they were tuned so high that you took damage at levels that you did in the wrath version. Please, PLEASE, quit acting like vanilla was mechanically hard. It was not.

In fact, thinking through all of the fights, I can really only come up with a couple that you can even say had "advanced" mechanics.

Nefarian - "choose you" class stuff.
    Twin Emps - Warlock Tanking + teleport + unbalancing strike + dealing with scarabs

Other than these 2 fights, I cannot remember many if at all that were more than 2-3 things and stance dancing.
    Amen, even Nefarian was quite simple when you got the movement right.
    There was no real mechanical challenge in Naxx apart from maybe the rogue tanking at Razuvious or the Heigan dance. Most of it was standing in a spot and dps'ing the boss and occaisonaly avoiding a mechanic. The only stress from AQ40 onwards was on the healers cause of the insane damage spikes, mainly on tanks but on some bosses also on the raid (e.g. huhuran etc.).

In fact i'd say BWL had some more mechanically challenging bosses (Razorgore, Chromaggus, Nefarian) than most of AQ40 (apart from ouro, twins, c'thun) and most of Naxx.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-11-14 at 02:31 PM.

You cannot say any of this for certain though.

- It won't take months, but im sure it will take people weeks, if they do it right. They cannot make it to where you can level in a week. That wouldn't be close to classic experience.

- What other gear would you be in for BWL other than MC gear? Again. If you can just waltz into BWL in half geared people from MC , then Blizz has failed re-creating the experience. Sure you will have your ensidia / Methods , but you have those in live and every other expansion. It still took the top guilds almost 3 months to kill Nefarian. Do I expect it to take that long this time around? Nah. I don't expect it week 1 or 2 the first week.

- As for the ZG comment, come on man. Give blizz some credit. They aren't going to throw all the raids and world bosses out at once time. They will have a release schedule. Content will be time locked. I cannot believe anyone would seriously think otherwise.

How long will the Classic servers actually last?

I'm think exactly the amount of time Diablo 2 was played. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeith View Post

Please , PLEASE don't use private servers as a measuring stick for , well, anything.

They use 1.12.1 which made the leveling experience a TON easier. I think blizzard will use the same patch, BUT I also think they will re-tune the world to make it a challenge so people don't blow through it. That wouldn't be classic. It wouldn't be the vanilla experience most of us know and want.

Maybe seasons and each season is a different pacth.

Please , PLEASE don't use private servers as a measuring stick for , well, anything.

They use 1.12.1 which made the leveling experience a TON easier. I think blizzard will use the same patch, BUT I also think they will re-tune the world to make it a challenge so people don't blow through it. That wouldn't be classic. It wouldn't be the vanilla experience most of us know and want.
    Like it or not, they are the best measuring tool we have whenever people play the "it's been 13 years, rose tinted goggles, you don't remember, blah blah" card. But I agree, it's not a 100% accurate indication.
    Last edited by Mackeith; 2017-11-14 at 03:02 PM.

Each boss only drops a couple pieces of loot a week. With 40 ppl in raid it will take months, at least, to get the majority of raid gear. That is true for each tier. Its why we called it Molten Chore.

Splitfarming? I doubt this will be popular in classic by any means. The time investment would be insane.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Ssshhhh, don't talk about it. Grinding lotus is CONTENT. Getting 40 people to stfu and log on at the same time is SKILL. Don't you be disrespecting vanilla raiding, the pinnacle of SKILL and CHALLENGE in WoW raiding in general.

I mean 40 >> 25 >> 20 >> 10, it's simple math really, checkmate.

/s
    If you don't want this Classic experience, why are you posting on the forum?
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    months to gear up? it will take months to just get to 60.

Then it will take realistically for a "modern mythic raider" around 2 years to get "full naxx gear". Then they can start doing PvP and get High Warlord for around 1+ years.

After these 3.5 years you can maybe concider making an alt. Then you have 3.5 years of content again.

Do this on all 9 classes and you have had 31.5 years of content.

I think 31.5 years of content is pretty good.
    It will take about 10 days /played to reach 60 for most people (if I don't remember wrong, people managed to do it in 6 days /played in classic) that have done questing before (which will include everyone here), now how long it really takes depends on how many hours people put in every day.

Then it is all just a matter of getting 40 man together and storm through all the content as fast as gearing allows you. People are a ton more skilled now, so the only thing holding people back from clearing raids will be getting Fire and Natur resist gear, materials for everything you need and of course how luck favors you in what items that drops while clearing raids. And having a stable 40 man roster of people that actually will care about Classic long enough to clear it all.

And if they keep the old honor system, those people wont have time to get to rank 14 unless they stop raiding all together to farm HKs for 20 hours/day.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    You cannot say any of this for certain though.

- It won't take months, but im sure it will take people weeks, if they do it right. They cannot make it to where you can level in a week. That wouldn't be close to classic experience.

- What other gear would you be in for BWL other than MC gear? Again. If you can just waltz into BWL in half geared people from MC , then Blizz has failed re-creating the experience. Sure you will have your ensidia / Methods , but you have those in live and every other expansion. It still took the top guilds almost 3 months to kill Nefarian. Do I expect it to take that long this time around? Nah. I don't expect it week 1 or 2 the first week.

- As for the ZG comment, come on man. Give blizz some credit. They aren't going to throw all the raids and world bosses out at once time. They will have a release schedule. Content will be time locked. I cannot believe anyone would seriously think otherwise.
    - That's what i already said above too.

- BwL doesn't require full MC gear really. Once you get past Vael (which requires some gear on your dps, but not too extreme) you can progress all the way up to Chromaggus and gear further that way (you'll still be clearing mc after for your t2 set completion).

- Well we don't know at this point, that's why i explicitly said IF they release it from the get-go. How they will release things is pure speculation for now for all of us.

Everyone is gonna play it at start,within a month its gonna drop to 50-100k ppl,within two months its gonna drop to 20k and stay like that for a year before blizz shuts it down.