Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenjin View Post
    Here´s a rough translation, the rapport talks about symbols and memes used on the internet basically, following the explanation of some abbreviations like "WP" meaning white pride, WPWW meaning white pride worldwide.

Milk - The association between milk and the whitepower movement came in 2017 when milkdrinking white power followers appeared in Shia LeBeoufs video installation critizing trump.
    The drinking of milk reflects the idea of the perfection of the white body and can be traced back to the genetic mutation that lets many northeuropeans benefit from drinking milk as adults.
    references to milk is used by among others one of the most prominent white power proponent Richard Spencer, who wrote "Im very tolerant.... lactose tolerant" togher with a emoji of a glass of milk on his twitter profile.

So essentially it´s not about milk being racist, it´s about how it´s being used by certain groups in a racist context, as I understand it.
    I'd rather see white pride worldwide than people bitching about an ethnic joke. What a bunch of toss-offs looking to get indignant about something, and why not jab at white people while you're at it since it's such a safe topic these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Yeah, because it would be replaced by problems like finding enough food not to starve, medicine for even the simplest of illnesses, shelter during bad weather, or how to dodge street gangs, because those come up in times when loyalty can be bought for scraps off someone's table. (and if you think I am overdoing it, I would welcome you to look up how Europe looked like in 1945 and whether you would want to live in THAT)
    I'd much rather roll my eyes about milk being listed as a hate symbol than have to worry about that, thank you very much.
    You kinda did validate the point, though. People would be dealing with actual problems, thus too busy to whinge about stuff like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You kinda did validate the point, though. People would be dealing with actual problems, thus too busy to whinge about stuff like this.
    I need to ask.
    Are you really implying that worrying about not starving or not being beaten again is better than reading that a SJW group managed something silly?
    Because it looks like that it is what you are implying.

My cousin served in Basra in the 2000s, in the Czech field hospital. He can definitelly tell you that "over here" it is way better than over there, where people were solving the real problems.
    Because that requires having those real problems. We don't. The worst thing we need to deal with right now are groups of idiots that could really do with some jail time and hell of a lot more education. Compared to pretty much any point in European history, right now, we have it pretty awesome.
    Would blowing that all up be REALLY worth it so we don't need to read about SJWs again?
    Last edited by Serenais; 2017-11-14 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So essentially it´s not about milk being racist, it´s about how it´s being used by certain groups in a racist context, as I understand it.
    But of course context is lost on people and you get "OMG Sweden thinks milk is racist!"
    Putin khuliyo

I need to ask.
    Are you really implying that worrying about not starving or not being beaten again is better than reading that a SJW group managed something silly?

My cousin served in Basra in the 2000s, in the Czech field hospital. He can definitelly tell you that "over here" it is way better than over there, where people were solving the real problems.
    Because that requires having those real problems. We don't. The worst thing we need to deal with right now are groups of idiots that could really do with some jail time and hell of a lot more education. Compared to pretty much any point in European history, right now, we have it pretty awesome.
    Would blowing that all up be REALLY worth it so we don't need to read about SJWs again?
    Bad times create good men.
    Good men create good times.
    Good times create bad men.
    Bad men create bad times.

We will reach another actual shitstorm eventually.

That's gonna be a long fucking report if the entire premise is 'you can possibly make a racist phrase out of this.' There are a lot of things in the world that comics have yet to workshop.

I need to ask.

No, no one is implying that. Just that a lot of people have nothing real to worry about nowadays so they manufacture shit to get crazy about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    But of course context is lost on people and you get "OMG Sweden thinks milk is racist!"
    Neo-Nazis still breathe, you know.

Here´s a rough translation, the rapport talks about symbols and memes used on the internet basically, following the explanation of some abbreviations like "WP" meaning white pride, WPWW meaning white pride worldwide.

Milk - The association between milk and the whitepower movement came in 2017 when milkdrinking white power followers appeared in Shia LeBeoufs video installation critizing trump.
    The drinking of milk reflects the idea of the perfection of the white body and can be traced back to the genetic mutation that lets many northeuropeans benefit from drinking milk as adults.
    references to milk is used by among others one of the most prominent white power proponent Richard Spencer, who wrote "Im very tolerant.... lactose tolerant" togher with a emoji of a glass of milk on his twitter profile.

Milk being used in hate crime isn't a new thing, I think it even gets used in American history X.

Deleted
    Considering the opening post, and a large part of the discussion so far, this really won't lead to anything constructive. Closing.