Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Village burned down due to Facebook post.

A mob of up to 20,000 Muslims burned down a Hindu village in Bangladesh after rumours spread that a resident had insulted Prophet Mohammed on Facebook.

A mob burned down 30 houses in Tharkurbari village after the supposed post by a young man from the Hindu minority community. Protesters began looting homes, and several people were shot, the Dhaka Tribune reported. Reports suggest that at least one person died and five more were seriously injured in the attacks on the village about 200 miles from Dhaka.

India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Swara said in a Tweet, ‘We have received a detailed report of Indian High Commission in Dhaka. ‘Bangladesh authorities have assured him that compensation will be paid to affected persons to rebuild their houses and adequate security will be provided.

Houses were burnt after rumours spread that an offensive Facebook status had been posted by a man named Titu Roy, who originally came from the area. Police have since arrested 53 suspects after the attacks, according to Rangpur’s Additional Superintendent of Police Zakir Hossain.
    Source:http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/13/villag...70/?ito=social

Jesus wept, can you imagine being so angry that a Facebook post incites you to burn down a whole village?

Deleted
    Sad but mildly intresting to see how Middle Ages is "still live" in some regions of this world.

They don't need much convincing to burn down Hindu villages. They were probably looking for an excuse for ages.

When people use religion to justify their bigotry, savagery and criminal activity...

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ahh yes the religion of peace...

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-11-14 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Jesus wept, can you imagine being so angry that a Facebook post incites you to burn down a whole village?
    Personally no, but seeing the average social media user these days I'm surprised more villages haven't been burned yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    social media has a lot to answer for. simply put the human brain is not built to handle "likes" and these upvotes / downvotes.
    Hi

Precious prophet lol.

Reminds of this time when some country burned down another country because there were rumors of weapons of mass destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Reminds of this time when some country burned down another country because there were rumors of weapons of mass destruction.

Deleted
    I really dont get why people care sooo much about their imaginary friends.

This thread won't last long, seeing as so many have stated the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This thread won't last long, seeing as so many have stated the obvious.
    well yeh it's gonna be locked because we can't "insult" or "flame" "them" but lol 20k ppl burning down a village? what's the first thought that comes into most peoples head?

oh wow that's a REASONABLE response to a facebook post? rofl no, fucking savages.

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    well yeh it's gonna be locked because we can't "insult" or "flame" "them" but lol 20k ppl burning down a village? what's the first thought that comes into most peoples head?

oh wow that's a REASONABLE response to a facebook post? rofl no, fucking savages.
    It wasent 20K people. Read the dam article.

Mob mentality at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by I Cannot Fap To That View Post
    It wasent 20K people. Read the dam article.
    "A mob of up to 20,000 Muslims burned down a Hindu village"

is the joke muslims aren't people?

That's lit, what a time to be burned alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of those moments where you can't do anything but leave earth and make a colony somewhere else.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    No need for hitmans anymore, just say something on Facebook and someone will tear down whole neighbourhood for you.

Surprised Endus isn't here yet to infract everyone who doesn't refer to all Muslims as perfect, saintly people.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.