Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[speculation] Magatha will be a raid boss in 7.3.5

It was weird for Blizzard to had put Magatha as a resto shaman follower. I think Blizzard has a plan for her. A big plan.

I think she would betray the class order and take either the Doomstone or a piece of the Titan Sword. I think she would either attack Highmountain or Teldrassil.

And Shaman players who had done the quests to unlock this raid would get Jale Rivermane as a replacement for the missing Matriarch of the Grimtotem.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think this would be a major betrayal, but is she too unknown for those who do not have shamans or know the class order?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I think this would be a major betrayal, but is she too unknown for those who do not have shamans or know the class order?
    I think most Horde, at least those who played before Cata knows of her treachery and those who played post-Cata knows that she schemed with the Alliance and also against it.

Those who had read the novel knows of her. She 'blessed' Garosh's axe with poison which resulted in Cairne's death in a duel and she led a coup to invade Thunderbluff and to kill Bairne.

She is universally hated.

Deleted
    Funny thing, but while most MMOClets frothed and barked at Genn of all poeple as supposed instigator of Teldrassil arson, Magatha would make some sense.

Firstly, being in Shaman Order Hall (who the fuck accepted her there? got to play a shammy!) she might have access to more power than someone like here ever should.

Secondly, she seems mostly hellbent on ruling the Tauren, with or against the Horde. She managed to get rid of Cairne, but Baine put her down and it's not a stretch to expect her to believe it's all because he's Vol'jin's lapdog and if not for the non-Tauren outsiders, she'd totes win the fight for Mulgore.

Thirdly, burning Teldrassil achieves several things that play right to such Magatha's plans.
    - Horde should be divided; druidic Tauren should feel even less connection with the Horde after that than Blood Elves did before Garry Theramored them.
    - The most natural reaction of the Alliance would be to do what they did: boot the current Warchief from his seat and thus make her position even more unstable
    - By extension, Baine whom she sees as warchief's lapdog is weakened.
    - PROFIT.

Her fate is worse than death! She just like the ghost of Admiral Taylor is doomed to sit in a empty class hall or garrison forever and ever amen!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Funny thing, but while most MMOClets frothed and barked at Genn of all poeple as supposed instigator of Teldrassil arson, Magatha would make some sense.

Firstly, being in Shaman Order Hall (who the fuck accepted her there? got to play a shammy!) she might have access to more power than someone like here ever should.

Secondly, she seems mostly hellbent on ruling the Tauren, with or against the Horde. She managed to get rid of Cairne, but Baine put her down and it's not a stretch to expect her to believe it's all because he's Vol'jin's lapdog and if not for the non-Tauren outsiders, she'd totes win the fight for Mulgore.

Thirdly, burning Teldrassil achieves several things that play right to such Magatha's plans.
    - Horde should be divided; druidic Tauren should feel even less connection with the Horde after that than Blood Elves did before Garry Theramored them.
    - The most natural reaction of the Alliance would be to do what they did: boot the current Warchief from his seat and thus make her position even more unstable
    - By extension, Baine whom she sees as warchief's lapdog is weakened.
    - PROFIT.
    This makes sense. I have a shaman and I constantly ask myself why the Hell do we have this traitorous bitch in our class as a follower. I don't get it. She runs in the same vein as Zaela. Was she Garrosh's plaything, or something?

5+ Year Old Account
    in WTLK boss was dragons so i think it is simmilar to nexxt expansion i bet some trolls/water mobs/old god themes

7+ Year Old Account
    A big plan for Magatha?

They made TITAN KEEPERS - beings empowered by the Pantheon themselves, who were also a conduit for the empowering of the Dragon Aspects - order hall followers for Warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing that old crone back at grasping for Thunder Bluff again. I want Baine to take vengeance on his father, now that the rager is dead, one can focus on the crone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Baine does apparently have a new model so he'll probably be getting some story. Finally.

good. fuck her.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

She's the reason Garrosh is dead now. She better die.

I'm on the fence about her. Yes she is a traitorous bitch, but her role in the Shaman class Hall makes sense. She is there 2 fold, one is self serving in that she feels the Doomstone belongs to the Grim Totem, but she also states multiple times that there is more at stake here than "your leader" when speaking about Cairne and the Tauren.
    She also legitimately attempts to get you to use the Doomstone. Only admonishing you after you use it and lack control.
    While it's possible she may have a grand plan, or may want to steal back the stone. She is also likely not going to pull anything until after the legion is defeated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    This makes sense. I have a shaman and I constantly ask myself why the Hell do we have this traitorous bitch in our class as a follower. I don't get it. She runs in the same vein as Zaela. Was she Garrosh's plaything, or something?
    Actually I think she used Garryboi to advance her own agenda. How does she join the shaman class order btw? I haven't done Legion on a shammy yet.

It's acctualy the opposite they put her as shaman follower because there wasn't anywhere else where they could drive her story after we destroyed the grimtotem homeland and killed all her family members

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    It's acctualy the opposite they put her as shaman follower because there wasn't anywhere else where they could drive her story after we destroyed the grimtotem homeland and killed all her family members
    Oh wait, so as a shaman PC I have taken part in putting Grimtotem down and now she's my faithful follower?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Baine does apparently have a new model so he'll probably be getting some story. Finally.
    I am getting a new model? Sweet.

She's quite suspicious. I was flying somewhere earlier and I heard her voice during a world quest. I told myself, "I hope she becomes a boss."

You guys and your raging hard ons for wanting to make every character you don't like a raid boss to kill

Did the grimtotem takeover of thunder bluff actually happen in game? I dont recall.....

If not it would be interesting to have her come in and try to stir the tauren story line up a bit, which has just been sitting there on the back burner.