Lets talk about jazz

So what do you guys think about Jazz music? I love it. Back in highschool I was in band and learned every instrument I could get ahold of for the different types of highschool band (concert, pep band, marching band). However a group of us wanted to start a jazz band with the band instructor and the school loved it so they started funding it. I made sure to learn Tenor Saxophone just for jazz band. I also played my baritone horn (my main instrument) on occasion for it. I loved the improv that comes with jazz and jazz always sounds so smooth.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So what do you guys think about Jazz music? I love it. Back in highschool I was in band and learned every instrument I could get ahold of for the different types of highschool band (concert, pep band, marching band). However a group of us wanted to start a jazz band with the band instructor and the school loved it so they started funding it. I made sure to learn Tenor Saxophone just for jazz band. I also played my baritone horn (my main instrument) on occasion for it. I loved the improv that comes with jazz and jazz always sounds so smooth.
    I was Tenor as well! Jazz basically made music more exciting for me. Being able to recognize the simplicity of it , and then introduce complexities that compliment my mind.

Jazz was the key to me being able to improvise to anything.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

I played guitar in jazz band in high school. Some monster chords in jazz band. I don't really like big band jazz but i like fusion jazz and more of a free form jazz.

As a musician, I have tons of respect for the folks that can not only play it, but improv over it. The guy who lives across the street from me is a jazz guitarist, and has forgotten more than I've ever known about theory.

Having said that, the vast majority of it does absolutely nothing for me, and is entirely forgettable.