Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dome Fossil View Post
    This just tells me that 40% of Americans need to have their driver's license taken away from them, as they clearly are not of sound enough mind to operate a motor vehicle.
    Not just driver's license. Anyone who actually SUPPORTS Trump at this point, is either actively working for the Russians, or so mentally incompetent that that need to be institutionalized.

It's still as high as 40%?
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Yep - no path to 270. Also, the polls showed Hillary with a 98% chance to win.

As I said then, I will say now - polls don't mean a fucking thing.
    Which POLLS said this? (note both you and I said polls, not one CNN prediction analyst) Please cite.

Also, Trump's approval rating was about 20% higher when he was elected. Kind of hard to win again when your lose 1/3 of the people who actually supported you, and he just barely won by the skin of his teeth. Trumpkins seem to forget this but 80k votes in the other direction, spread across 5 states would have tipped the scales. Plus he still lost the popular by 3 million, which is more than any sitting president has ever lost by.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    "How do Trump's people keep forgetting that they met with Russians?" -Trevor Noah
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Read the rest of the thread. One is aloud to make an error..

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Which POLLS said this? (note both you and I said polls, not one CNN prediction analyst) Please cite.

Also, Trump's approval rating was about 20% higher when he was elected. Kind of hard to win again when your lose 1/3 of the people who actually supported you, and he just barely won by the skin of his teeth. Trumpkins seem to forget this but 80k votes in the other direction, spread across 5 states would have tipped the scales. Plus he still lost the popular by 3 million, which is more than any sitting president has ever lost by.
    I don't think people realize how volatile his strategy of do everything possible to keep your base but don't reach out to others is for his re-election. If he loses just even 3% of his voters in "Purple states" from the election the election dramatically changes. For example:

Michigan: 2,279,543 vs 2,268,839
    Penn: 2,970,773 vs 2,926,441
    Florida: 4,617,886 vs 4,504,975

Him losing 3% would be:
    Michigan: 2,211,156 vs 2,268,839 (Clinton Wins)
    Penn: 2,881649 vs 2,926,441 (Clinton Wins)
    Florida: 4,479,349 vs 4,504,975 (Clinton Wins)

Basically at this point the only way to win these three states is to keep 97% of his voters, start a war and pull a Bush, and/or suppress the vote somehow to win again. Also he loses all his advantages from 2016 being an outsider and a wild card.

To put into perceptive:

Obama lost 5% of his voting base in re-election between 2008-2012
    Last edited by akris15; 2017-11-15 at 02:50 AM.

They do - and he will. Remember, it was YOU folks that said he could never win in 2016, while I said all along that he would. You mocked and ridiculed me - yet, in the end, I was right and you were wrong.

Trump will not be impeached. Trump will not be indicted on ANY charge. Trump will easily be reelected in 2020. Mock and ridicule me all you want, we will see who is right in the end. Pretty sure it will be me, just like last time.
    'I was right last time so I'll be right next time', without any extra reasoning, is a hilariously stupid argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep - no path to 270. Also, the polls showed Hillary with a 98% chance to win.
    Yeah, this pretty much demonstrates that you don't even know what a poll is. Polls don't come with a chance of winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post

That's the point though. He lost the advantage of being an outsider, and not being part of the "shall continue" policies. Add to that his low approval ratings (as you said, he lost at least 10% of support in the last 8 months). His base of original voters will be less energized to vote. Add to that the brutal takedown that he took in the voting booths last week, and he really doesn't have a chance.
    So, unless there's a big tampering with the votes/voter suppresion coming in 2020, or the Democrats fielding Clinton again (or a really shitty candidate, like John podesta or something like that) i really can't see his path.

Remember Ransath, Trump won by 80k votes. That's less than 0,1% of the totallity of the voters in last year's election
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2017-11-15 at 04:00 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Dems got another one....

Tulsa Oklahoma Allison Ickley-Freeman (D) has apparently knocked off Brian O'Hara (R) by 31 votes for OK Senate Seat 37

District went for Trump 66-27 for Trump.

https://www.ok.gov/elections/support...sults_seb.html

Tim Keller has also been elected as mayor of Albuquerque (as expected) Still it's another mayor flip for the Democrats
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2017-11-15 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Barack Obama AND Hillary Clinton would like a word with you about this post.
    You already know he won't see the irony man.

The Insane
    The fact that 40% of people polled still think he's fit to do anything than to be put in a hospice is what I would say is the low part of this story.
    things worked out better than we had planned • now everything's ruined, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    You better believe it matters right now there is an outside chance take back the house and there is an outside shot for Democrats to win the Senate on a map where they are supposed to be devastated. Its getting so bad that the open Tenn/Ted Cruz's seats are starting to look vulnerable which was unheard of 6 months ago. Not only that if they get the tax bill through republicans will lose a vast amount of their blue/purple state congressmen losing their padding to get legislation through pretty much killing the trump administration (lets be honest here its already self imposed stalled).

The real problem is all the governorship up for grabs in 2018. If Trump is damaging the party there are several purple states up for grabs and if its a wave then that will put Democrats in prime place to re-draw districts (basically paybacks are a bitch gerrymandering) for the 2020s especially when the Republicans are going to start having a Demographics issue where their core base is going to start literally dying off due to age. Trump could literally cost the health of the Republican party for the next 10-15 years. That is why real conservatives like Skroe are losing their god damn minds because they know if they don't cut this cancer out they are going to be hurting for the foreseeable future unless they nip this out asap.
    This is the correct attitude, as far as I am concerned. All of what is happening now will be completely forgotten by 2020. But it will still be remembered for next year's elections. Democrats absolutely have to dominate next year's elections at the federal, state, AND local levels.

Anything less and Ransath and others will take the line that the electorate had endorsed Trump and his behaviors. And there will not be an effective comeback.

He might have well accomplished a lot more if he didn't have the unhinged whack jobs crying "Russia, Russia, Russia" and cockblocking him on every single thing he tries to do.
    He has a majority in both houses, something that Obama never enjoyed. And he hasn't managed to do a single positive thing in his presidency so far. How incompetent do you have to be to fail to achieve anything when your party holds all the levers of power? The only thing "cockblocking" him (very appropriate term for him, by the way) is the courts that are stepping in when he tries to do something that is either illegal, unconstitutional, or both.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

Over the last 10 years, Blizzard has taken over $10bn from MMO players. Take a look around your game...do you see $10bn worth of content available to you? Do you see even a tiny fraction of that in relevant content? Now ask me again why I dislike what Blizzard has done to the MMO industry.

I never demanded that you respect Trump. I could not give a flying fuck that you don't like him. 63 million people liked him just fine - and the people in 30 states liked him just fine - for him to be elected as the POTUS.
    Liked him or expected the usual "You scratch my back, I scratch yours"? I'd vote for him to if I was in the top 1% and he promised me fucking millions in tax cuts.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866