Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    I was 27 when WoW came out.
    I had two kids and a full time job.
    I wasn't a hardcore raider.
    I leveled slowly.
    I leveled multiple characters.
    I got up to BWL before BC was released.

You will be fine and it doesn't have to take over your life.
    This is fairly reassuring. Like I said, back then I was so young. I devoted a lot of time but got almost nowhere. Now I know the game like the back of my hand, I feel like I'll be able to make much better use of my time.

Albeit I'll have to re-learn a lot, because a lot has changed!

For better or worse the difficulty of Classic raiding was largely logistical. I doubt there will be many people willing to lead a 40 man pug, especially since Classic raids required a lot more individual preparation and coordination.

I foresee guilds willing to do GDKP or gold-for-carries, like today, and that'll probably be the only way I'd see the raids in Classic, if I felt inclined. But maybe the Classic fanatics will prove me wrong.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    For better or worse the difficulty of Classic raiding was largely logistical. I doubt there will be many people willing to lead a 40 man pug, especially since Classic raids required a lot more individual preparation and coordination.

I foresee guilds willing to do GDKP or gold-for-carries, like today, and that'll probably be the only way I'd see the raids in Classic, if I felt inclined. But maybe the Classic fanatics will prove me wrong.
    I think you're possibly right, and I'm willing to accept that fate tbh.

Although as I mentioned earlier, I definitely see there being a sort of 'Classic Casuals' guild cropping up, which takes in hundreds and does what they can when they can raiding wise (without expecting too much from players). I know a guild like this would never see Naxx, but that doesn't bother me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    This is fairly reassuring. Like I said, back then I was so young. I devoted a lot of time but got almost nowhere. Now I know the game like the back of my hand, I feel like I'll be able to make much better use of my time.

Albeit I'll have to re-learn a lot, because a lot has changed!
    I started very late on the Nost server, and I got to 40 as a Paladin before it was shutdown.
    Again, it didn't take over my life and was very enjoyable.
    I took the time to do every instance and the class specific quests to get http://www.wowhead.com/item=6953/verigans-fist.
    Just don't let others tell you how to play the game.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Yeh, I guess I'm kinda hoping someone makes a "Classic Casuals" guild which is just filled with hundreds of people like me. That way when we want to botch together a raid, we sort of can. I guess it wouldn't be pugging then but in a sense it would be, because it probably wouldn't follow a schedule.
    If they stick to the guild limits of the time it will be more like dozens of people if you are lucky.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If they stick to the guild limits of the time it will be more like dozens of people if you are lucky.
    What were they? I hadn't realised they were so much smaller. If it's less than 300 then that's a pain!

Can you play for a couple of hours in one go? Doesnt really matter how much you play a week - like you said, that will get you to 60 at some point. But vanilla dungeons can take hours. So if you only have 30 minutes per day, I dont think you will get anywhere.

Also if you keep quiting raids after an hour or so, you will probably have a hard time finding groups after a while.

But if you have a solid 3 hour block to play every week, you can pretty much don everything up to AQ40. Just ...dont expect to be world first or anything
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

By and large, I'm fairly excited to give Classic ago when it's released. I remember playing it back in the day (although I'll admit my memory is fuzzy, I was very young, and I can't really remember exactly at what point I started playing).

HOWEVER, I have some reservations given my current situation.

I love WoW, I love playing it and I'm excited to play Classic again, but the truth of the matter is, I can't play it much. I'm simply too busy with real life. That's not to say I won't sink time into the game though. I understand the time it will take to get to to get to max level, and I'm not saying that that's an issue. I accept it will take me a pretty long time (and the truth is, I love leveling so that's one thing I'm most looking forward to!).

What I'm not so looking forward to though, is what happens at level 60. I know once I get there, I'll naturally want to start gearing up. But I suppose my question really is: will I really be able to?

How 'puggable' are vanilla raids? Do you think pugging (raids) will be a fairly popular thing on classic? What will I really get to see as a competent player but with no ability to commit to a raiding schedule?

I only mention this because A. I wonder what you all think, and B. I think I'm going to be one of MANY people in this situation.

Thoughts?

TL;DR I want to play Classic but I have virtually no time, will pugging be a thing, and to what extent?

Note: I don't expect to be dropping in and killing KT when I only play for 3-5 hours a week, and I'm not asking for LFR.
    Even on a good night... A NIGHT, It still took a few hours to clear MC start to finish unless you completely over geared it. If the classic server turns out to be authentic and you only have 3 hours a week I doubt you will need to worry about raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage2roflmao View Post
    With 3 hours a week you might get 10 or 15 quests done. Just enjoy the leveling.
    i cant WAIT to get my mount at lvl 40

With only 3 hours of pc time per week I wouldn't even play games to be honest. Just keep up with the news and youtube lol. How do you even manage to play for only 3-5 hours weekly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    With only 3 hours of pc time per week I wouldn't even play games to be honest. Just keep up with the news and youtube lol. How do you even manage to play for only 3-5 hours weekly?
    At the moment I play far less than even that, but I still manage to do bits and bobs.

As to what you're saying about playing games in the first place, I love the few games I play and I play them when I can. I also don't understand what you mean with keep up with YouTube?

I honestly won't be touching raids in Classic, want to take a super casual approach to it while still playing retail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I honestly won't be touching raids in Classic, want to take a super casual approach to it while still playing retail.
    I think this will probably end up being what I'll do too.

Maybe pvp on classic though too? I remember it being fun.

The idea of getting a full on PuG, as in 40 people of the right gear and class put together by spamming trade chat, is pretty much impossible, not to mention the difficulties in coordinating them and drama over loot.

If you're lucky a friend or even randoms might be willing to carry you through and toss any spare loot your way. Best bet would be to find a social guild with a raiding contingent.

How 'puggable' are vanilla raids? Do you think pugging (raids) will be a fairly popular thing on classic? What will I really get to see as a competent player but with no ability to commit to a raiding schedule?
    Naxx might be tough to pug because it's the first place where the early bosses have minimum gear requirements and some will want world buffs and flasks for less well coordinated groups. MC/BWL/ZG/AQ20 and some of AQ40 are totally puggable though.

I'd say find yourself a guild that is willing to take you along later in 'tourist mode' on a farm run or two because you won't be doing progression at that level of time commitment.

But if you are in a guild that can progress? Yeah carrying a few non or low contributors on a farm run is easy.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

What were they? I hadn't realised they were so much smaller. If it's less than 300 then that's a pain!
    321 is what I have been told, but I honestly can't say for sure.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."