Thread: Common Allies

  1. #1
    Dreadlord Fayenoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Land of Far Beyond
    Posts
    929

    Common Allies

    I don't understand the reasoning behind faction specific allied races from a lore POV for most of the cases. I guess we need to wait for the story.

    Both the Horde as well as the Alliance helped Mayla in Highmountain and the Nightborne in Suramar, the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves in Argus. So make these 4 faction independent like the Pandaren and have them choose side on an individual basis.

    I can understand the Zandarli Trolls and the Dark iron dwarves being faction specific. So keep these 2 as is.

    This way horde gets some Draenei and Alliance gets some Taurens. Also effectively ends up with 5 allied races per faction with cross overs. More options for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

  2. #2
    They explained Draenei/Highmountain in an interview. Basically when the call comes to fight and both sides helped you, you'll probably side with your family, right?

    With Nightborne it's a little more up in the air, but most likely it's that the Horde was more welcoming to them, with the Blood Elves essentially acting as ambassadors.

  3. #3
    The Insane Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    15,349
    The blood elves smooth talked alot more with the Nightborne, Tyrande curbstombed her way through Night elf X Night Borne relations like a baseball bat through fine china.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    You're right...least Hitler didn't try to bring back the people he killed from the dead to do his bidding.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The blood elves smooth talked alot more with the Nightborne, Tyrande curbstombed her way through Night elf X Night Borne relations like a baseball bat through fine china.
    Can you really blame her, unlike Liadrin, she was actually from Surumar herself, and she had to deal with this lot of elves both abandoning and then betraying Azeroth as a whole.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

  5. #5
    The Insane Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    15,349
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Can you really blame her, unlike Liadrin, she was actually from Surumar herself, and she had to deal with this lot of elves both abandoning and then betraying Azeroth as a whole.
    For sure she had reasons, it doesn't change the fact she ruined potential alliances with her... demeanor..
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    You're right...least Hitler didn't try to bring back the people he killed from the dead to do his bidding.

  6. #6
    I don't think the Night Elves even want the Nightborne as allies. Not just Tyrande. They have a bitter history regarding the Ancient War. They'll probably assume the Nightborne will hide away again if things get dicey.

    Night Elves are prickly and judgemental.

  7. #7
    It would make sense more for Highmountain tauren to side with other tauren. Same with the Lightforged draenei. In this case, both draenei history's shared a common enemy so it makes sense for the Lightforged to join the ranks of the Alliance.

    I'm sure some in-game storytelling will be done to show the Highmountain tauren joining ranks with their same race.

    I am willing to be the story that brings the Nightborne into the Horde will be the same story that explains how blood elves defect to the Alliance and become Void Elves. Perhaps some story element of perceived deception, betrayal, or things of the sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    This game clearly has some kind of supernatural hold on people. Not only do people still play it, but some people who don't play it still want to come on to the forums and spend their time talking about it!

    WHAT A CRAZY WORLD THIS IS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

  8. #8
    If Nightborne joins the horde is not only because Tyrande is trash with them and Liadryn the cool girl, it is because they share much more things with Belves than with the Nelves, and Nelve society try to avoid arcane magic like the plague (they accept Nelve mages as humans accept human warlocks).

    It is like a family situation, Nelves are way different than Nightborne and Belves, while the last have much more things in common.

    And well, I don't know why some people don't understand that we were facing the Legion itself, and we had to help people that otherwise would kill us in sight (Forsaken rogues in front of Gilneas's princess for example), or otherwise would not care about others.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    path assaulter sounds like a RPing lawn mower or weed wacker guy

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovich View Post
    I don't think the Night Elves even want the Nightborne as allies. Not just Tyrande. They have a bitter history regarding the Ancient War. They'll probably assume the Nightborne will hide away again if things get dicey.

    Night Elves are prickly and judgemental.
    So they rather side with trolls? I'm just wondering how they're cool with that.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTheLegion View Post
    So they rather side with trolls? I'm just wondering how they're cool with that.
    Well, i assume it is better than siding with a person who thinks you are all just crack heads

  11. #11
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    35,341
    Quote Originally Posted by AldoChat View Post
    If Nightborne joins the horde is not only because Tyrande is trash with them and Liadryn the cool girl, it is because they share much more things with Belves than with the Nelves, and Nelve society try to avoid arcane magic like the plague (they accept Nelve mages as humans accept human warlocks).

    It is like a family situation, Nelves are way different than Nightborne and Belves, while the last have much more things in common.

    And well, I don't know why some people don't understand that we were facing the Legion itself, and we had to help people that otherwise would kill us in sight (Forsaken rogues in front of Gilneas's princess for example), or otherwise would not care about others.
    Night Elves lessened their distrust of magi after the shattering. The point being is Tyrande likely pushed them away and since the Nightborne like using Magic,Blood Elves wouldd understand them more.
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTheLegion View Post
    So they rather side with trolls? I'm just wondering how they're cool with that.
    Horde fanbois just trying to make it sound like the Alliance is evil and completely corrupt...it's all Tyrande's fault and it has nothing to do at all with the fact that the Blood Elves and Nightborne share so much more in common.

    That they're literally dealing with the same things that the Blood Elves worked through, a crippling addiction.

    Nope...Tyrande is bad....hissssss

    Nothing to do with how the Nightborne hid and left their own people to the Legion...nothing to do with when the Legion came knocking again they didn't even hesitate to sell themselves to the Legion...

    Nope just Tyrande is your typical corrupt Alliance leader.

  13. #13
    The United States once helped out Osama Bin Laden and his forces fight back the Russians.. point is, from a political standpoint things are always changing. Past allies become foes & vice versa.

    For Legion, it currently makes no sense. But in BfA, those factions could be forced into a decision after certain circumstances. I'm eager to see the storylines for myself, especially the Zandalari. We've been at war with them for so long. I'm excited to see how they join up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    Ion still has the best social skills at Blizzard, just watch his hands, dont care what his speaking, the weaving he does with the hands is entertaining enough.

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Nothing to do with how the Nightborne hid and left their own people to the Legion...nothing to do with when the Legion came knocking again they didn't even hesitate to sell themselves to the Legion...
    Sounds like you're talking about Elisande's loyalist forces, not Thalyssra's resistance that we spent the expansion helping reclaim Suramar.

    Also, they erected their magical shields to prevent the city from being destroyed by the Sundering. Prior to that they fought against the Legion during the War of the Ancients, saving the day by closing off the second portal that the Legion opened. They didn't "leave their own people to the Legion."

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Sounds like you're talking about Elisande's loyalist forces, not Thalyssra's resistance that we spent the expansion helping reclaim Suramar.

    Also, they erected their magical shields to prevent the city from being destroyed by the Sundering. Prior to that they fought against the Legion during the War of the Ancients, saving the day by closing off the second portal that the Legion opened. They didn't "leave their own people to the Legion."
    Not saying the entire race was to blame, but it isn't the first time in Warcraft or otherwise people blame a entire race for the actions of their power hungry leaders.

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Not saying the entire race was to blame, but it isn't the first time in Warcraft or otherwise people blame a entire race for the actions of their power hungry leaders.
    So you're being a hypocrite and justifying it because other people are hypocrites.

    The whole point of the Suramar Campaign was to remove Elisande from power and reclaim Suramar for the resistance. And like I said before, the Nightborne only sealed off their kingdom to protect it from the Sundering, at the conclusion of the War of the Ancients.

    And, hell, even Elisande wasn't in it for power. She only agreed to join Gul'dan because she thought the alternative was the destruction of her people. Sure, the Felborne were obviously corrupt, but they only represented a fairly small fraction of the race. Most of the Suramar Campaign dealt with freeing the citizens of Suramar from Elisande's oppression.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    So you're being a hypocrite and justifying it because other people are hypocrites.

    The whole point of the Suramar Campaign was to remove Elisande from power and reclaim Suramar for the resistance. And like I said before, the Nightborne only sealed off their kingdom to protect it from the Sundering, at the conclusion of the War of the Ancients.

    And, hell, even Elisande wasn't in it for power. She only agreed to join Gul'dan because she thought the alternative was the destruction of her people. Sure, the Felborne were obviously corrupt, but they only represented a fairly small fraction of the race. Most of the Suramar Campaign dealt with freeing the citizens of Suramar from Elisande's oppression.
    Trust is generally earned and not given out freely? Especially in Azeroth....

    These people left Tyrande's people to die while they cowered behind their shield...if you can't understand why she wouldn't freely offer trust to these people. They didn't even try to help at all...they didn't even try to peak out and see if things were safe...they just hid for the millennia while for all they know the rest of Azeroth could have been conquered by the Legion.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    they just hid for the millennia while for all they know the rest of Azeroth could have been conquered by the Legion.
    That's why they kept their shields up. Same thing the pandaren did.

    And their last act in the War of the Ancients before erecting the shield to prevent their city from being destroyed by the destruction of the Well of Eternity was closing the second portal that would have allowed the demons to outflank the Kaldorei Resistance and win the war.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That's why they kept their shields up. Same thing the pandaren did.

    And their last act in the War of the Ancients before erecting the shield to prevent their city from being destroyed by the destruction of the Well of Eternity was closing the second portal that would have allowed the demons to outflank the Kaldorei Resistance and win the war.
    Chronicles mentioned that Elisande used the eye of Aman'thul and saw the sundering. She then decided to not help the rebellion marching toward Zin-Azshari and created the shield and the nightwell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •