Other "classic" servers?

Classic servers are for those players whose first experiences and most fond memories of the game are rooted in Classic WoW or players curious about what WoW was like back then. But many players started playing in BC (like me) or are Wrath babies and I would guess would like servers set to those expansions to relive our glory days and resurrect those memories and feelings.

With Blizzard officially creating Classic WoW servers for people nostalgic for the WoW of old, can we get BC and WotLK legacy servers?

Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    Classic servers are for those players whose first experiences and most fond memories of the game are rooted in Classic WoW or players curious about what WoW was like back then. But many players started playing in BC (like me) or are Wrath babies and I would guess would like servers set to those expansions to relive our glory days and resurrect those memories and feelings.

With Blizzard officially creating Classic WoW servers for people nostalgic for the WoW of old, can we get BC and WotLK legacy servers?

My personal guess is that it will entirely depend on how successful the classic server is. If they are dead a year after release, then probably never. If they have marginal populations, then maybe... But even then it would be a gamble, because a BC server would probably cause the Vanilla one to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    My personal guess is that it will entirely depend on how successful the classic server is. If they are dead a year after release, then probably never. If they have marginal populations, then maybe... But even then it would be a gamble, because a BC server would probably cause the Vanilla one to die.
    I wonder if they could code one server in such a way, that it is pure vanilla until you hit 61, and which point, it's switch over to TBC rules. (but only for those people who choose to level past 60 ... maybe when you reach 60 it asks you if you want to sit at 60 for a while or continue leveling?)

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I wonder if they could code one server in such a way, that it is pure vanilla until you hit 61, and which point, it's switch over to TBC rules. (but only for those people who choose to level past 60 ... maybe when you reach 60 it asks you if you want to sit at 60 for a while or continue leveling?)

I am sure that they could but (like anything else) they would need to be reasonably sure that it would make money. It will probably be at least two years before they would even consider anything to do with other expansion servers.