Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still worried about how this will work. This may screw over raiders even more. Getting tier is still important, despite everything. Set bonuses are an extreme boon to your character. But with Titanforging and mythic plus blizzard has shot themselves in the foot. You can see that since they have to nerf tier 19 sets so people don't go back to them to farm them for titanforged versions. They don't want people doing that. They want people playing current content.

A lot of people might figure "Why Raid?" once they've seen shit already. My guild has already said screw mythic since we can get better gear in heroic with titanforging. My highest piece is a 950 titanforged tier piece. This may trivialize raiding even further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Your thoughts?
    Also apologies in advance if this has already been discussed.
    • They ran out of ideas for looks. By the time of MoP they got so confused that for majority of sets the best colourset was in LFR. Some of SoO sets look like fresh steaming poop and it only kept getting worse. In ToS we have HD facelifts of BT sets which I think is all we need to know about Blizzard's creative capacity.
    • They've run out of ideas for mechanics. Antorus sets are so bland and meaningless they're nerfing the last few tiers through the floor and beyond to give Antorus shit any chance to compete despite large ilvl increase.
    • They cannot make themselves pull their heads out of their arses and forget the snowflakery completely. "Veterans" whined on the forums about MoP LFR sets: what a travesty to let the filthy casuals get tier bonuses! Blizlets quickly complied and gave us WoD LFR sets. It was nice to see how the actual playerbase reacted - well, until they stopped showing it. After the WoD reality check they restored LFR sets to some semblance of decency but wannabe World First Mythic raiders all over the forums started the megawhine again, since they couldn't control their compulsion to fish for lotto-level TFs on tier from LFR. Now since Blizlets are also stinky snowflakes at heart, they took it as a good enough pretence to show the huge middle finger to the casuals again and decided that if sets cannot be for snowflakes only, they better not be there at all.
    So yeah, I guess a sort of stand-in might be the only achievable compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    • They cannot make themselves pull their heads out of their arses and forget the snowflakery completely. "Veterans" whined on the forums about MoP LFR sets: what a travesty to let the filthy casuals get tier bonuses! Blizlets quickly complied and gave us WoD LFR sets. It was nice to see how the actual playerbase reacted - well, until they stopped showing it. After the WoD reality check they restored LFR sets to some semblance of decency but wannabe World First Mythic raiders all over the forums started the megawhine again, since they couldn't control their compulsion to fish for lotto-level TFs on tier from LFR. Now since Blizlets are also stinky snowflakes at heart, they took it as a good enough pretence to show the huge middle finger to the casuals again and decided that if sets cannot be for snowflakes only, they better not be there at all.
    So yeah, I guess a sort of stand-in might be the only achievable compromise.
    The biggest issue with no tier sets in LFR was pretty much that they gave people generic looking rubbish. You have to give people at least some cosmetic stuff, otherwise there is no reason for them to do the content that you offer them, especially if that content is bland repeatable grinding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The biggest issue with no tier sets in LFR was pretty much that they gave people generic looking rubbish.
    MoP says hello. I do agree about WoD sets. Mythic or legacy xmogs, no other way was remotely viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You have to give people at least some cosmetic stuff, otherwise there is no reason for them to do the content that you offer them, especially if that content is bland repeatable grinding.
    There is some truth in it but I do expect a true casual to still notice that +100 in an attribute is not exactly changing how he plays his toon.

So much whine. Do you people enjoy anything anymore? :P How about waiting to see how things work out, then making judgement. And how about not being so freakin dramatic about every little change. It's not the end of the world... of warcraft. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    [list][*]They ran out of ideas for looks. By the time of MoP they got so confused that for majority of sets the best colourset was in LFR. Some of SoO sets look like fresh steaming poop and it only kept getting worse. In ToS we have HD facelifts of BT sets which I think is all we need to know about Blizzard's creative capacity.[*]They've run out of ideas for mechanics. Antorus sets are so bland and meaningless they're nerfing the last few tiers through the floor and beyond to give Antorus shit any chance to compete despite large ilvl increase.
    +1 with all of this

It's confirmed by Ion in Q&A. 1 set for each armour type, but armour will be more detailed and developed.

So, did they just confirm that they will only make 4 variations per raid now? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    It's confirmed by Ion in Q&A. 1 set for each armour type, but armour will be more detailed and developed.
    So basically, cutting down artist time drastically. Interesting. Wonder if we'll see art team people being moved somewhere else soonish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see the reasons behind the choice, and I have no issue with it.
    That said though, some options the set bonuses gave were very helpful or made some specs perform far better with their flaws and clunky rotations.
    I'm hoping they use this to apply those options to actual gameplay mechanics with classes. Either thru Glyphs or baseline changes. Instead of being dependent on another Legendary or Artifact Item.
    But seeing as it's already confirmed the Azerite Neck thing will be doing this, I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    So basically, cutting down artist time drastically. Interesting. Wonder if we'll see art team people being moved somewhere else soonish.
    Prob, whenever Blizz start working on new project or before they start hiring in general at first they ask people in their existing teams if they want to move to work on those projects and then they start actual hiring process, so they prob may move people elsewhere, they can also just fire them, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    titanforging also offers huge replay ability that they like, you have a chance to get an awesome upgrade randomly.

where as when it wasn't a thing, you'd get your gear and thats it.

then you'd quit.

and maybe you still do, but my group still clears because of the TF'd chance every week (plus AP)
    Oh yea, Titanforging really adds more "replayability", just like those fuckin' daily quests added more "content". Piss on that. It just makes it such that you can never really hit BIS. And the people complaining about having to balance your gear to accommodate tier... what in the hell would you have done with +hit?

I'm excited for this because as a Hunter, having to wear 2pcT19 (ilvl 890) + 4pcT20 and getting all these ilvl930+ items and not being able to use them because of the tier requirements really really sucks.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

I’m no longer ok with theses changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

I’m no longer ok with theses changes.
    Me neither, I like removal of bonuses, but don't like getting fewer tmog options.

Yeah 1 set per armor type sucks. 2 should be the minimum imo.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yeah 1 set per armor type sucks. 2 should be the minimum imo.
    If you paid attention to what he said, they're looking at adding more variety across the zones. It will be like 4 sets of gear for every zone that is connected to the theme and lore of each zone, that's what I understood anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    If you paid attention to what he said, they're looking at adding more variety across the zones. It will be like 4 sets of gear for every zone that is connected to the theme and lore of each zone, that's what I understood anyway.
    By zone he meant raid. So it's 4 sets per raid, basically, ToV style.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Me neither, I like removal of bonuses, but don't like getting fewer tmog options.
    Ya it’s a travesty looks were always way more impotent to me then the effects and there were so many options to mix and match With set look alike from a different class that dropped in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Ya it’s a travesty looks were always way more impotent to me then the effects and there were so many options to mix and match With set look alike from a different class that dropped in raids.
    It's hilarious that in the past they're saying that they aren't unlocking class tiers appearances for classes that can wear that armour type because class identity and shit, but now all classes will be looking the same, lol.

We should prob ask them to do exactly that: remove class requirement from class restricted armour appearances. It's an outdated concept since BfA after all.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-16 at 08:53 PM.