Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    In what world does taking things away "seem fun"?

This is a trend I'm seeing in video game development that I'm very confused by.

"You think you want tier set bonuses, but you don't. Trust us." <--- Blizzard
    Same trend that gave us the massive pruning of class abilities in Legion... RIP Hammer of Wrath, Emancipate, Pursuit of Justice, BoSac, Seals, Sacred Shield, Selfless Healer, etc etc.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Any intelligent person would see this is healthy for the game. Unfortunately the joy of putting a tier set together will be missed, the frustration of not being able to replace those said items until you get the next tier will not.

Good.

Also to people complaining this will deincentivize raiding where's all your "but muh challenge" deflection at? It was a good enough excuse for everything else you whined about.

I know everyone's freaking out, but personally I've thought that raid tier sets aren't a good game design for a long time now. I'm interested to see what they come up with instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Can't wait to see what they will learn from this mistake and how they will improve this idea. It might not be bad, mind you ! But I have serious doubts about their understanding of players interests.
    Playing 1 expansion out of 2 really is the best :P .

10+ Year Old Account
    To me this is quite worrying. One of the things that gets me the most excited about a new tier is how the set will affect my gameplay. Like how spriest tier20 makes our rotation a houndred times more fluid and enjoyable. Im also curious if this means they will stop releasing class specific gear looks, as getting a new transmog for your class each tier is a lot of my incentive to raid aswell.
    What Ion said does not mean we wont be getting those things in BfA, just that it wont be linked to 6 pieces of gear that limit your gear choices. Maybe raids will drop class specific trinkets that basically does the job of set bonuses. Maybe the bosses will drop class specific transmog tokens. We will see. Personally I dont think blizzard wants to stop giving out set bonus effects and class specific transmogs. That change just doesnt make sense to me, as Ion recently said that they value the fun that set bonuses bring to the player, aswell as how much emphasis they have put on class fantasy lately (Class specific transmogs being a big part of that).

I'm actually mad that I didn't make a "breaking news" post about this a long time ago.

One of the dudes in my former guild actually posted this to discord on the 4th

Totally could have warned you guys about this ten days ago lol

The guild is Unrivaled on Thrall. I doubt they care to be name dropped but I didn't want to show anybody's Discord info/picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They have not mentioned changing the M+ system, as of right now the chest at the end of the week drops Mythic quality gear, if that does not change M+ is basically an easier and less stressful way of getting the same ilvl over time as Mythic. Sure it takes longer, but you don't even need to finish that +10/+15 on time to get that chest.
    Well, but they can't do that anymore. For one, it'd be random anyway. But, they also said that the chest/helm/shoulders WON'T titanforge. The gear you get from a weekly chest is technically Mythic+ 10 915 gear that automatically titanforges to 935 as a default. This will be impossible next expansion because it can't titanforge.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-11-15 at 04:33 AM.

So aside from raid trinkets everything can be obtained in M+, which I hate, cool..

I think I'm done after Antorus, the new expac looks shit imo.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I'm actually mad that I didn't make a "breaking news" post about this a long time ago.

One of the dudes in my former guild actually posted this to discord on the 4th

Totally could have warned you guys about this ten days ago lol

The guild is Unrivaled on Thrall. I doubt they care to be name dropped but I didn't want to show anybody's Discord info/picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, but they can't do that anymore. For one, it'd be random anyway. But, they also said that the chest/helm/shoulders WON'T titanforge. The gear you get from a weekly chest is technically Mythic+ 10 915 gear that automatically titanforges to 935 as a default. This will be impossible next expansion because it can't titanforge.
    It's 930 base though, that doesn't change, they can name it different but it'll still be 930, people get confused because it says "Titanforged" but its really not, it ALWAYS comes at at least 930.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    So aside from raid trinkets everything can be obtained in M+, which I hate, cool..

I think I'm done after Antorus, the new expac looks shit imo.
    And if its anything like the start of Legion M+ trinkets could be better than raid trinkets.

It's 930 base though, that doesn't change, they can name it different but it'll still be 930, people get confused because it says "Titanforged" but its really not, it ALWAYS comes at at least 930.
    No that does change... It IS titanforged. They have to use mythic 10 as the base. Using current numbers, the "base" is 915 and it's just coded to always be at 935 baseline in your chest, but the fact that it's coded to be titanforged at 935 baseline doesn't mean it isn't titanforged. It IS titanforged. This can't work this way in BfA since they can't titanforge.

Maybe this will change in BfA, but even still it wouldn't make sense to give you gear from the weekly chest that you can't obtain in the dungeons normally. Part of the reason why it isn't "bullshit" that you can obtain these 935 pieces of loot each week is because of the fact that you can simply get that gear naturally. If you want a 935 Eye of Command, you don't HAVE to get it from your weekly chest. It's still possible to run Upper Kara and get it to titanforge up from the baseline. You would literally have to pray to the RNG gods in your weekly chest for a 935 piece of shoulder/chest/helm. I'm calling it right here that you will not be able to receive these pieces in your weekly chest.

No that does change... It IS titanforged. They have to use mythic 10 as the base. Using current numbers, the "base" is 915 and it's just coded to always be at 935 baseline in your chest, but the fact that it's coded to be titanforged at 935 baseline doesn't mean it isn't titanforged. It IS titanforged. This can't work this way in BfA since they can't titanforge.

Maybe this will change in BfA, but even still it wouldn't make sense to give you gear from the weekly chest that you can't obtain in the dungeons normally. Part of the reason why it isn't "bullshit" that you can obtain these 935 pieces of loot each week is because of the fact that you can simply get that gear naturally. If you want a 935 Eye of Command, you don't HAVE to get it from your weekly chest. It's still possible to run Upper Kara and get it to titanforge up from the baseline. You would literally have to pray to the RNG gods in your weekly chest for a 935 piece of shoulder/chest/helm. I'm calling it right here that you will not be able to receive these pieces in your weekly chest.
    It would make less sense for them to not have M+ be as lucrative as it is now, it's their baby, they're looking to expand it, not suffocate it.

Are we still getting unique class specific armor art each tier? If so, who cares?

So pumped for this change. I will no longer be second class citizen if I play only mythic+ and zero raids.

Deleted
    well... another point less for raids since tiersets are one of the few raid exclusive things left...

raiding will die and wow will focus on 5man content / dungeons?

also art wise this means that now we only get pleb gear from dungeons/raids/pvp and the cool looking stuff will be in the blizzard shop.

i really hope that what i just said wont come true :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    well, Traditional Raid set bonuses are going away, doesnt mean Blizz cant throw a curveball and make a set bonus from rings/trinks/neck.....after all, they DO love to mess with us, and that would certainly NOT be a "Traditional" set

Deleted
    Worst news i heard from Blizzard in 10 years.

I just hope this doesn't mean they will go TotC lazy on the designs...
    7.1 was pretty horrible for anyone who wanted to raid... "forcing" us to do M+ for trinkets and random BiS pieces of loot... i guess 8.1 won't be any different.

BfA reminds me more and more of what wildstar is.... and i sure hope they realize it's a ad direction to go before they ruin the game completely.

I get why they are doing it but I'm not too thrilled with it.

I like getting tier and for tier to really matter to your character - it's one of the reasons WoD was such a letdown because LFR tier was just crap and made it harder for casual/non-guilded raiders to move up to normal raiding.

Even in the world of Transmog tier still means something, it shows you've completed a specific part of the game and your bonuses can massively change your playstyle and often patch up a class or spec that's falling behind because of things like not scaling with weapon damage or just weakly tuned without certain bonuses.

I'm sure they can and will figure a way around it and we'll have a lot more customizability over our character and skills used based off our necklace and Azenite pieces, but I do think they are really missing something special by dropping tier and are also making more of a headache for themselves.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    Shout out to all the 4pc+2pc people.

This one is on you.
    Still blizzard's fault , they created the problem themselves and they can't fix it properly.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

It would make less sense for them to not have M+ be as lucrative as it is now, it's their baby, they're looking to expand it, not suffocate it.
    It wouldn't be any less lucrative than it is now. You still NEED to get four pieces of tier from raids right now in Legion. In BfA, you only need three pieces, and they don't have to be specific ones from specific bosses unless you're going for absolute BiS... unless you're going to try to argue with me that Mythic plus players don't care about tier set bonuses.

It wouldn't be any less lucrative than it is now. You still NEED to get four pieces of tier from raids. In BfA, you only need three pieces and they don't have to be specific ones from specific bosses unless you're going for absolute BiS.
    But you can technically function without a set, having 3 items be that much lower ilvl cause.... actually there's no reason, they're probably going to roll the same base ilvl as everything else, if it were todays ilvl you'd see a 930 azerite piece.