Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If it's classic it's going to be like it was in vanilla.
    Everyone was a fundamentalist about pristine vanilla servers, and now that they're actually happening, people are picking and choosing what pieces of vanilla they want. Ffs.
    The point of classic servers is to have it like it was back then.

There's a big difference between wanting updated graphics and wanting implemented LFR though, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post

This one.
    Is that from Morrowind?

Quote Originally Posted by FiddleLiddle View Post
    There's a big difference between wanting updated graphics and wanting implemented LFR though, right?
    No, no there's really not. The audience that wanted vanilla servers actually want vanilla. The way it was on live servers. Not some modified thing half way between current and classic. Why is that concept hard to grasp? Suggesting to change this or that, no matter how little or big you think the change is, is not what people wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    No, the original High Elf model was a modified Night Elf model with upright ears
    Oh right - I remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Emote View Post
    No, no there's really not. The audience that wanted vanilla servers actually want vanilla. The way it was on live servers. Not some modified thing half way between current and classic. Why is that concept hard to grasp? Suggesting to change this or that, no matter how little or big you think the change is, is not what people wanted.
    I actually didn't want vanilla servers. it's blizzard pandering to the vocal minority who will get sick of it in 2 months and then nobody will ever play it again.

edit: the only good thing about it is that for a brief time, Barrens chat will live again.
    Last edited by the game; 2017-11-15 at 05:32 PM.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post

This one.
    I never wanted to see that again
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    It seems like a temporary model for Sylvanas to me, rather than a Classic model.
    Temporary or not it's "Vanilla" and Vanilla was soOoOoOooo superior to any version of WoW ever created after it so they must use it!

Ahh Vanilla Rexxar, how I missed ye

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I understand the need to keep everything as it was in vanilla, but I really don't see a valid reason why that should apply to character models as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I understand the need to keep everything as it was in vanilla, but I really don't see a valid reason why that should apply to character models as well.
    Everything is.. everything?

I know the Sylvanas model is hideous and all, but it is what it is. It's not like you have to go on a date with the damn thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    None of the racial leaders had a special model. They weren't placeholders. They just were what they were with what models they had to work with.

If you change her model, all you'll be getting is the High/Blood elf models they originally had, because the game engine did not include the new models introduced in TBC.

This is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    Temporary or not it's "Vanilla" and Vanilla was soOoOoOooo superior to any version of WoW ever created after it so they must use it!
    I really don't understand why Sylvanas using a Sylvanas specific character model would affect anything else in Vanilla WoW. Seems like one of those changes that would actually enhance the overall experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am just curious about opinions from the Horde people of Vanilla lovers: Do you really want your future Warchief to look like an Alliance guard?
    Last edited by Meow; 2017-11-17 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    I am just curious about opinions from the Horde people of Vanilla lovers: Do you really want your future Warchief to look like an Alliance guard?
    I'm Horde all the way, she is what she is.. or was. A weird choice by Blizzard, but I'm a big believer in slippery slopes.

Having said that, if they update the model or enable an option for improved character models and update it with that, it wouldn't be a giant problem for me. Only aesthetics after all.

Again having said that, if her updated model was only visible with modern character models toggled on, I'd never see it

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I really don't understand why Sylvanas using a Sylvanas specific character model would affect anything else in Vanilla WoW. Seems like one of those changes that would actually enhance the overall experience.

But..CLASSIC!!!111111. I feel you man. This is destroying us all. The hate between us for something so dumb and simple like an nightelf model on an undead quel´dorei, without red eyes. So immersive!

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit those graphics are terrible.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaan View Post
    So the classic vanilla experience is now also linked with graphics also ?? Where are the guys saying gameplay >>>> graphics ??

I personally think that vanilla was about the GAMING EXPERIENCE and the relationships you developed playing the game (with it's difficulty back then). People who want also the old graphics are, for me, just snobs with an extremist desire for purity.

Or probably people actually forgot just how bad the graphics were compared to today's WoW. They were very bad, very very bad.

Also .. do you want troggs or the Lizard like dark iron dwarves that should have been there in the first place but never made it due to time constrains?
    You don’t get to have sprinkles with you vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    You don’t get to have sprinkles with you vanilla
    True, but who would eat 13 year old vanilla? Taste it, even though it looks disgusting, sure, but continuing to consume it .. i don't think so.

Also keep in mind that even a 100 years old recipe is made with current day ingredients.

@Emote
    I am part of that audience, so pull your head out of your ass. (sorry for the language)
    I'd be very fine with updated models, but I want the game mechanics to be exactly the way they were back then.