Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I disagree. Just feels boring and not immersive.
    Perhaps you'd be happier with an MMO instead of an MMORPG. Retail WoW is designed with convenience in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The inability to teleport around at will due to long hearthstone cooldowns and crappy flight points makes the world feel huge and expansive. Lots of people traveling around the world results in adventures and world pvp happening. This means you meet people traveling and might want to ask people to help you get places, which is a social experience. This is good.

Having to do a dungeon to find a special anvil and wait 40 seconds on your craft cast bar makes professions feel immersive and gives a "wow" factor to crafting. Getting people to help you with a dungeon to craft a special item is also a social experience. This is good.

Farming together as a guild to make resistance gear is a social experience and pulls you together to achieve group goals. This is good.

Having huge dungeons with a level spread of 10+ means you might only get through part of the dungeon in one try. Then you anticipate coming back later and you feel wowed by seeing the end of the dungeon and accomplished when you can finally complete it. You might add the people you meet trying the dungeon to your friends list and get them together later at a higher level to try to finish it, which is a social experience. This is good.
    These conclusions that you're making aren't bred from active, living, current experience, but are interpretations of idealized retrospective and selective memory. Your opinion isn't based on experience, but on vague interpretation. It's not real. That's the fundamental fallacy of all pro Vanilla argumentation. "You think you do, but you don't" sums it up perfectly.

Nonetheless, WoW Classic still shouldn't be anything else but completely pristine, unaltered Vanilla WoW. It's the only thing that makes sense. And it should be done that way for the reason alone so you may realize - through actual, living, current experience, a reality check - that you've been fooling yourself all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    These conclusions that you're making aren't bred from active, living, current experience, but are interpretations of idealized retrospective and selective memory. Your opinion isn't based on experience, but on vague interpretation. It's not real. That's the fundamental fallacy of all pro Vanilla argumentation. "You think you do, but you don't" sums it up perfectly.

Nonetheless, WoW Classic still shouldn't be anything else but completely pristine, unaltered Vanilla WoW. It's the only thing that makes sense. And it should be done that way for the reason alone so you may realize - through actual, living, current experience, a reality check - that you've been fooling yourself all along.
    Yes, we'll find out won't we.

Deleted

It makes me laugh that all anti-vanilla people say same thing: oh, you will hate it when it comes to playing it! How can you know? Are you reading our minds? Can you see the future?

Answer is simple: you are an ignorant. You don't even realise that huge part of pro-Vanilla community played on private servers all this time. We know what we are up to. We know that as Ally we will have tought time getting to SM. We know that every wipe in MC or BWL will end up with long CR. We know that during leveling we will have to literally walk everywhere.

Stop acting like only group of people who know what it was like to play vanilla. You know it, you don't like it, you voiced your opinion and now shut up.
    We know it, we like it, let us enjoy our game without having to dig through dozens of pretty much the same, boring, pointless atempts to make yourself feel better or smarter.

Only thing you achieve is making everyone thinks you're a douche.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oumajgad View Post
    It makes me laugh that all anti-vanilla people say same thing: oh, you will hate it when it comes to playing it! How can you know? Are you reading our minds? Can you see the future?

Answer is simple: you are an ignorant. You don't even realise that huge part of pro-Vanilla community played on private servers all this time.
    Classic won't be free. That changes perspectives. You will be paying or not playing. When you pay for something you look at it differently. Current wow was VANILLA once. It didn't become what it is today out of a blue. Paying customers wanted it this way. Classic will not be any different.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Classic won't be free. That changes perspectives. You will be paying or not playing. When you pay for something you look at it differently. Current wow was VANILLA once. It didn't become what it is today out of a blue. Paying customers wanted it this way. Classic will not be any different.
    Another flawed argument. You know why? Because we played on private servers because there was no other option. Now there is. And it will better maintained, more stable, with proper tech support. There won't be a danger of losing your characters due to legal actions of game owner.

How hard it can be to understand? 15$/month for peace of mind. It's not much.

Also, since you started... Paying customers wanted the game to look like now? 1200 guilds clearing end game content, 2 mln dmg per attack, every class being almost the same, everyone in same gear with dumbed down stats because caring about too many things makes the game hard. Now even tier bonuses are going away because hurr durr reasons.

Please, keep this game for yourself and stay away from mine and these forums.

Answer is simple: you are an ignorant. You don't even realise that huge part of pro-Vanilla community played on private servers all this time. We know what we are up to. We know that as Ally we will have tought time getting to SM. We know that every wipe in MC or BWL will end up with long CR. We know that during leveling we will have to literally walk everywhere.

Stop acting like only group of people who know what it was like to play vanilla. You know it, you don't like it, you voiced your opinion and now shut up.
    We know it, we like it, let us enjoy our game without having to dig through dozens of pretty much the same, boring, pointless atempts to make yourself feel better or smarter.

Only thing you achieve is making everyone thinks you're a douche.
    Not as much as you are when presented a truth you hate to hear. You seem much upset.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I guess the idea was to experience Classic (again)
    It's Never As Good As The First Time.

Deleted
    If they don't want to go through it they don't have to, there's retail WoW or a thousand other games that aren't classic WoW.
    This is at odds with your opening post.

You created this thread claiming that this makes the game better but then respond in the post quoted above saying "if it's not better then go play something else".

Which is it? Better or not better?

Or perhaps you meant better for you and this thread is just about you. In which case it doesn't matter what people say to the contrary, they aren't you so they are automatically wrong. Sort of removes the point of your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    This is at odds with your opening post.

You created this thread claiming that this makes the game better but then respond in the post quoted above saying "if it's not better then go play something else".

Which is it? Better or not better?

Or perhaps you meant better for you and this thread is just about you. In which case it doesn't matter what people say to the contrary, they aren't you so they are automatically wrong. Sort of removes the point of your thread.
    Shrug, I recognize it's not better for everyone. Of course it's better for me and I hope people agree.

Deleted
    Not as much as you are when presented a truth you hate to hear. You seem much upset.
    "Truth" xD

It's an opinion. Learn the difference. Or this is also too difficult for you?

"Truth" xD

It's an opinion. Learn the difference. Or this is also too difficult for you?
    There's quality to opinions, levels of insight, education. That's your problem. That's why I'm confident in my "opinion" on the matter. Considering how I got you figured out, I don't think it's a matter of difficulty.

Deleted
    Shrug, I recognize it's not better for everyone. Of course it's better for me and I hope people agree.
    I don't.

I too will try it for nostalgia sake, I did enjoy playing on Nostalrius but I recognised very quickly that whilst it was nice to re-visit, I felt I was seeing each new improvement they made to the game in fresh context and with new appreciation.

Reading this thread and people pushing to QoL once again proves that the actual RPG crowd is rather small in numbers and people aren't interested in it en masse. Just like the majority of people won't ever play D&D for example. What the majority wants is Diablo-like gameplay it would seem: numbers, larger numbers, loot, more loot, run around kill hordes of enemies in the mindless rage while striving to achieve the maximum efficiency of farm, and everything that stands in the way should be removed from the game.

Deleted
    There's quality to opinions, levels of insight, education. That's your problem. That's why I'm confident in my "opinion" on the matter. Considering how I got you figured out, I don't think it's a matter of difficulty.
    Jesus, dude. You're more and more delusional. Now you have me figured out xD
    You just assumed that playing vanilla will make us unhappy. Problem is that you're projecting here. We want vanilla. Most of its supporters played on private servers anyway. We know how it looks. You're completely wrong saying that we will be surprised by its flaws and all the problems that this game had.

You can claim your opinion is an educated one, coming from experience and so on. But it's still wrong for all people except you and other vanilla-haters. You don't like vanilla- fine. Don't play it then. I don't like bananas so I just don't eat them. I don't go to every grocery store and shit on all bananas.

Deleted
    The inability to teleport around at will due to long hearthstone cooldowns and crappy flight points makes the world feel huge and expansive. Lots of people traveling around the world results in adventures and world pvp happening. This means you meet people traveling and might want to ask people to help you get places, which is a social experience. This is good.

Having to do a dungeon to find a special anvil and wait 40 seconds on your craft cast bar makes professions feel immersive and gives a "wow" factor to crafting. Getting people to help you with a dungeon to craft a special item is also a social experience. This is good.

Farming together as a guild to make resistance gear is a social experience and pulls you together to achieve group goals. This is good.

Having huge dungeons with a level spread of 10+ means you might only get through part of the dungeon in one try. Then you anticipate coming back later and you feel wowed by seeing the end of the dungeon and accomplished when you can finally complete it. You might add the people you meet trying the dungeon to your friends list and get them together later at a higher level to try to finish it, which is a social experience. This is good.
    I agree for the most part, the one thing I want vanilla to have is the Group Finding interface that we have in Legion, not LFG and LFR, just the infinitely superior browsing tool we have now for Mythic+, also battle.net integration.

Jesus, dude. You're more and more delusional. Now you have me figured out xD
    You just assumed that playing vanilla will make us unhappy. Problem is that you're projecting here. We want vanilla. Most of its supporters played on private servers anyway. We know how it looks. You're completely wrong saying that we will be surprised by its flaws and all the problems that this game had.

You can claim your opinion is an educated one, coming from experience and so on. But it's still wrong for all people except you and other vanilla-haters. You don't like vanilla- fine. Don't play it then. I don't like bananas so I just don't eat them. I don't go to every grocery store and shit on all bananas.
    The fact that you don't like bananas just proves how much of a questionable character you are.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another flawed argument. You know why? Because we
    Who's we? Is it how you spell "I"?

How hard indeed...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    To quote myself from another topic along the same lines.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    What exactly qualifies as "inconvenience?"

Some inconveniences could be properly managed and showed a level of awareness by the player, so they weren't really a problem (arrows/bullets, pet feeding, level 40 mount, etc.) I don't miss ammo one bit, but it won't be a problem to go back to it.

Some conveniences added are questionable if they hurt or helped the game (LFR/G.) Their removal won't nessicarily be a bad thing, even if they create some inconvenience.

Some inconveniences were more problematic (mounts/pets/toys taking bag space,) but they were solved in ways that in no way, shape, or form detracted from the game. Hell, the collection tab ADDED to the game because collectors could collect.

And then some weren't actually inconveniences, but fixing them improved the game (Transmog, updated models, updated animations, other COSMETIC improvements.)

And then the bugs...

I genuinely don't care what they do as Classic WoW falls below my game standards these days. I'll probably take a trip down nostalgia lane, but the missing QoL (Tmog especially) will probably push me out after a week or two. This is more of a question of pure curiosity than anything.
    I have no objection to removing QoL for for gameplay aspects. Some of them weren't even issues. But cosmetic options or UI options that weren't available back then should stay, plain and simple.

Where is the harm in allowing the new models? I watch older WoW videos and the models are so god awful.
    Where is the harm in keeping the collection tabs? The space limitations caused by holding pets/mounts/toys/misc was a detriment to those who enjoyed collecting.
    Where is the harm in Transmog? Granted, the older game won't have the wide variety of options available to it as the live one, but there are still people who will want to look a certain way. I, for one, loathe the Skittles effect. And the tier sets are just ugly to some people. No one wants to be stuck wearing ugly-ass armor that they have to wear because it's tier.
    Where is the harm in the new animations? The animation team worked their asses off to make all these wonderful new spell effects and you want to spit all over that work for...authenticity? Just because it's authentic, doesn't mean it can't also be boring. And that's what the old ones are.

When it comes to gameplay, I'm all for keeping the game as it was. You want arrows and mana on Hunters? Go for it. You want to have slower leveling? I'm all for it. You want epic mounts to be a status indicator? Sure! You want to get rid of LFR/G? Let me move out of the way for you.

But where is the harm in leaving the things that don't hurt the game even if they aren't from the right era of the game?
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-11-18 at 12:27 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    The fact that you don't like bananas just proves how much of a questionable character you are.
    Stop trolling... It's actualy boring at this point.

Who's we? Is it how you spell "I"?

How hard indeed...
    What, am I the only vanilla supporter here? No? So I'll use "we".