Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I have a question. If the game play is essentially going to be the same as the free vanilla servers that shall not be mentioned, and I'm not into current retail at all, then why do I want to pay $15 a month for it? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    I have a question. If the game play is essentially going to be the same as the free vanilla servers that shall not be mentioned, and I'm not into current retail at all, then why do I want to pay $15 a month for it? Just a thought.
    No fear of losing progress because of takedowns. No lag and random crashin.

Because all the free servers are going to get shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Because all the free servers are going to get shut down.
    Or so you may think.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    People didn't mind 13 years ago to invest 200 hours to reach 60(litteraly).

What makes you think, people wants to go throu it, compared to what they are used to now?

I expect the real veterans will enjoy it for the sake of nostalgia, but the majority will fail regardless(even with huge QoL changes, it won't be appealing).
    The people who would play through classic WoW for the first time would still be able to enjoy it in a similar way.

It's literally a harder version of the WoW we have now (you can argue about the why's or how's but it is harder), and some gamers tend to appreciate that.

Some people enjoy the struggle. The struggle of creating a proper group and getting to the dungeon without getting sidetracked due to world PvP is something that I miss. These struggles creates communities. Current WoW barely has that.

Or so you may think.
    Now that Blizzard has a Classic server, anyone in competition with them is using their IP for 'profit' and is 'damaging' their brand.

You have to be braindead to assume they won't aggressively pursue legal action against any even remotely successful (>1000 players) private server.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    It's literally a harder version of the WoW we have now (you can argue about the why's or how's but it is harder), and some gamers tend to appreciate that.
    Difficulty is relative, to the vast majority of people that are still playing Live that also played in Vanilla- it was just tedious and much more time consuming.